XPOST finding balance

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/11 5:02 am, edited 4/13/11 5:02 am
Oh LeeLee,

I am sorry for both of you because balance is not always easy to find. You are a young woman with an amazing new body and the doors of social life have opned yet you are still a mother with a teenager. To find the balance that works best for Siehara and you will not be easy. Yet I know you will find it.

Also David's reaction sounded a touch harsh do you also think he is also feeling you are not spending time with him(and family)  so if he guilts you about your daughter you will  be there like before? That is what popped in my head first because didn't you all used to spend Fridays together?

Keep talking to her and making mother and daighter dates in between because in a few short years she will be the one leaving you.

Hugs Girlfriend! 
Lisa H.
on 4/13/11 10:27 am, edited 4/13/11 10:27 am - Whitehall, PA
 I am so glad I put this out here for you all.  I knew you would all have wonderful (and not so wonderful) things to say regarding this.  

My social calendar is slowing down quite a bit after this Saturday night, actually.  There are only a couple of things actually "planned" between now and the time she leaves for camp.  I am going to have to sacrifice SOME of my time out for the sake of my child.  I know that it is important.  

As for David and Sarah, I think part of it is concern for Siehara and me and part of it could stem from the fact that they are in a very different place in their lives.  They are happily married, 3 kids, homebodies, etc.  I know they mean well and are looking out for me.  

As far as the body image issues, I want her to see what hard work can do.  But, at the same time, I don't want her to view me as something I'm not, or cause her any more pain than she is already having with her own self image. 

Oh and we spent some good time together tonight.  Tutoring was canceled so we were able to go to On The Border earlier than planned.  We sat there and talked a bit--nothing too important, just chit chatty stuff to make it relaxed.  Then we headed over to Five Below and laughed at the silly t-shirts and magnets they have in there.  We didn't buy anything, just looked around. It was all good and nice time to spend together. 

I love you guys!! 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 4/13/11 9:48 pm - Easton, PA
Not much to add to whats already been said. You are a great Mom and Siehara is a great kid. MAybe the weekends you have something planned you can plan something special the next night with her. I know financial strains can come into play too. Maybe if you go out friday night, saturday night you two go to a movie, get your nails done etc. Soon enough she'll be a full fledged teen ager and will want to be at her friend's all weekend and you'll be free!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views