Tired Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 4/13/11 8:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

Today is a day full of meetings, not much actual work will be accomplished today.

Class was out early last night, and have a break next week from coding....Will still have my accounting/finance class on Monday though....I signed up for the certification test for coding I will sit for my exam June 4th....Oh my.....

Had to go online yesterday to find out how to report a complaint against the archetect via the state licensure board.  So many costly mistakes on the plans.  It turns out the addition is 5ft smaller than we'd asked him, the masterbedroom is actually smaller in the area where the furnature will go than our existing bedroom.  He never put the tray ceiling into the plans.  The garage measurements are all off.  Gene was able to get in touch with the engineer who signed off on the plans and he is going to work with our GC to get this done, but it is too late to correct the size of the addition as all the foundation work is completed.  Yesterday when Gene caught that mistake but now we have to live with the archetect's incompetence....

After work either the gym or a long walk around the neighborhood.

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 4/13/11 8:30 pm - Lancaster, PA
Ida I am seeing a sleepy tired theme here LOL. Me too.

Long day yesterday, saw clients last night. Per usual, I dread going but always feel good when I am there and the patients seem like they are doing well. Came home last night to Jason and Jude eating pizza and watching british comedies and laughing their heads off. Jude is a co worker who lives in new orleans that often comes to lancaster for installs and he and Jason will hang out. He is a cool guy. He wants to go to Hershey Park on Sat so we are going, we warned him he is going with two people who dont do rides,....so if anyone wants to come along to give poor Jude a riding partner let me know.

Today I am at work have a long day of clients back to back, and then therapy tonight, I am hoping that things will continue to go well.

I hope you all have a wonderful day
Lisa H.
on 4/13/11 9:04 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.... 

woke up around 3 AM for some reason and of course I couldn't fall back to sleep for a while, so now I am dragging.. 

One of the neighborhood kids has been in my apartment since just after 6:30.  Apparently when her mom leaves for work, she makes her leave the apartment??? I tried to get an explanation out of the girl, but I did not understand what she was trying to tell me.  Seriously, the girl is in 7th grade.  If you do not trust her to get out of the house on time for school then call her every 5 minutes until she moves.  Don't kick her out into the cold where she may or may not find a loving neighbor's place to hang until time for school.. not to mention she was eating OUR food when I went out to the living room.  Um, helllloooooooo... I can barely afford to feed Siehara and myself.  

Anyway, enough rant..

working til 3:30.. thinking a lunch time nap may be in order. After work, hebrew school run with the gym in between.. cardio, tanning, and upper body work I think.  After hebrew school-pilates.  Home to relax early. 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 4/13/11 9:55 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

Just the usuals for me today, wor****il 4, maybe stopping at the dollar store, the home to make and eat dinner, play with Mia, bath, bottle, bed!! Oh my exciting life! but you know what - I wouldn't trade it for anything!! :)
dit657
on 4/13/11 10:04 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, so sorry to hear about the issues with your architect - doesn't anybody care about doing a good job anymore? I'm sure the guy is hurting for business - you'd think he would do a great job to get some recommendations. I hope you're able to straighten things out. Big renovations are stressful enough without adding all that on to it.

I am up and at home - took today and tomorrow off to spend time with my sister and b-i-l. Today we're going out to York to visit our parents gravesite - not sure what else is going on but it's a beautiful day so I'm glad I'm off.

Well, after much discussion and soul-searching hubby and I have decided to go back to our original plan of waiting until the spring of 2012 and then putting our house on the market and making our move. We got caught up in the whole 'quick move' thing and it's just too soon - we need to pay down some debt and add to our savings - our house really isn't ready to put on the market - it's in good shape, but it needs to have 2 rooms repainted, the storage area needs to be cleaned out, etc. And mentally we're just not ready - next year I'll be 55 and I have two pensions I can start collecting, because I know I won't make the salary in Florida that I'm making here. But thank you all for listening - your wonderful support and advice - and I'll be sticking around for at least another year.

So I need to get moving - family is up and ready to roll!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 4/14/11 3:59 am

Kathy, the wait till 2012 will allow you to take a very reasoned look at the FL market too. We looked for 4 years off and on, and began in earnest about a year before making an offer on a place. I felt that we knew the neighborhoods well, pros and cons, etc. And yes, we made spreadsheets - sort of. We assigned point values to each house for various features, locations, etc. (OCD!)

And you are so right - FL salaries are not up to what we are used to in PA. I am looking at options for down the road but need to be able to afford to make that change.

lynnc99
on 4/14/11 4:00 am
Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 5:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

I hear you about deciding to put things on hold, I think the things in Florida will still be cheap for another 2 to 3 years.  Their economy I believe is more fragile than even ours, as it is driven primarily by tourism and with rising gas prices and the jobs not coming back the way we need them to, I doubt tourism will pick up enough to make the real estate market there boom for at least another 2 years. . .  wish I had a job with a pension to look forward to, however, I will wor****il I can't work no more, back in the day when I was offered that sort of job, the pay was not great, the benefits were, but being a single Mom I needed the money. . .  oh well, history cannot be changed, I will look forward to and believe that I will have some time off for good behavior when I'm old, can't say grey, cause I'm already there (lol). . .  according to current procedures, I have 10.75 years to regular retirement, if I wait until 70, I have a little over 14. . .

Good luck to you and your hubby on getting things in order over the course of the next year, that is always fun. . . Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 4/13/11 10:04 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning PA!
Today I am off work and Caleb is excused from school.  We are volunteering at the Special Olympics Geri Ryan track meet at Penn State.  Caleb has been volunteering with te Centre County team for a few months.  They are a great bunch of folks and I hope they all have a great day.
Later...
Sara

steffihope
on 4/13/11 10:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and all of PA - Ida - that must be soooo effing frustrating to say the least.  Did you or Gene get hold of the Architect to see what the deal was??!!  That sucks!  I am sorry that you are dealing with others incompentancies.....

Had a realtively OK night last night - hung out with Larry on the sofa watching our boy Roy pitch a complete game, although he, "added excitement" in the ninth inning - tonight the Fly boys start.....I am trying to be hopeful for their run......We shall see what they bring to the ice.

Today - I am at school, I need to get blood work done for my two-year check up next week, so I will be hopefully able to run over to the doctor, oh crap - just realized that I need to fast - and here I am eating breakfast - oh well, gues THAT is not going to happen on time.  After school I am taking the girls to get their hair cuts - well, Emily for sure - we will see about Molly - she is home today with a 101 degree fever.  A little Motrin and she will be feeling better - so we shall see what this afternoon holds.  Not sure what is on tap for tonight - hoping to get out with Larry, maybe to the sports bar to watch some of the Flyers game.

Oh yea - it is lesson plan day - off I go! :)  Happy Thursday all! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views