Wednesday Roll Call (sleepy)

IdaMae D.
on 4/12/11 8:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Over slept this morning, getting ready for work.
Work till 4, coding class tonight so another late night.  Two late nights a week are starting to catch  up with me.
Yesterday had my ultrasound for the ovarian cysts, the left side is gone, now have a new one on the right side.
Construction is going well with a major problems with the blueprints, new photo's posted on facebook.
Not sure what/if we can do anything as far as the blueprints are concerned but these mistakes by the archetect are becoming quite costly.

Hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 4/12/11 8:47 pm - Lancaster, PA
Ida I hope you get some rest I understand long days they do catch up with you.
Glad the one cyst is gone boo hiss that you have another one coming on.

Went to OA last night the speaker was very good and I felt moved by her. But CLINGY MC NO BOUNDARIES was there. She came up to me after and said " are you ok you look like you are struggling?" I told her I was fine and thanks, she then said yeah I am worried about you, and I told her not to worry about me i was fine. The she forced me to hug her, I swear i almost lost it. I am a very calm person, but when I am pushed and i am already feeling some kind of way it can get ugly. LOL MY friend Susan will tell you about the time I chased someone down in a parking garage for being ignorant ROFL.
Anyway, not going to let her keep me from going but I might have to give her a smack down. BACK OFF.

I am working today cannot believe the rain AGAIN! then I have clients this evening so will be a long day for sure. but hey we are alive and healthy so that is a good thing./ Good luck and stay dry today
Liz R.
on 4/12/11 8:58 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!!

Ida long days and ovarian cysts suck! I hope that they both pass quickly. I work with architects all day long and their drawings are RARELY correct! I pick out major mistakes all the time - dimensions, scales, radius, etc are always wrong. Oh and when confronted they will never admit it! Well I prove it! lol Good luck! The house is going to be gorgeous!

As for me I am at work, I know it's APril Showers time but I am so done with rain! Working until 4 today then headed home to hang with Amelia. Nothing else going on.
lynnc99
on 4/12/11 9:32 pm
Rainy and chilly this morning....I have to head out to the dentist in a few minutes. BRRRR!

Ida, I am enjoying seeing/hearing the progress on your construction project. You'll love it!

Nic, I can only imagine how YOU will set the boundaries with your "friend" at your meetings!

Today I have to wrap up at the dentist, do a ton of work, and hit the gym.

Tomorrow and Friday are meetings in Philly which are always intense - and NOT what I need right now. Last week, the weekend, and Monday were full days with work and family. I had very little time to myself, which I need now more than ever before in my life. These meetings run early in the mornign through dinner, including Saturday morning. You might was well run my fingernails over a chalkboard for 48 hours. Well...no option....so I'll just go for it.

I need to make a "master list" of things to do, too. Lots of spring projects need to be done around here!
Nicole0216
on 4/12/11 9:36 pm - Lancaster, PA
yes we will see. Lynn dont want to add to your list of things to do but we really should meet up some time and talk and walk or something.
lynnc99
on 4/13/11 12:52 am
I would love it Nic. The schedule loosens up for me in May. We could wander around the mall or go to Starbucks or something!
dit657
on 4/12/11 9:47 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - hope that new cyst doesn't give you too much pain and aggrevation, Ida. As for the drawings, my husband is a checker at his job and that's what he does all day - check the drawings and prints of the engineers and pointing out their mistakes - looks like you needed a checker on that job! But I'm sure it will all straighten out and the addition will be awesome.

Nic, sorry you ran into Huggy Bear again last night - that sucks. People really need to be taught to respect other people's space.

I'm at work - I swear I think my head is going to explode from all this house stuff. I feel like changing my name to Charlie Brown because I'm just so wishy-washy about the whole process of the Florida thing. So today I have an agenday - first going to call the friend who called me last year and said her parents may be interested in buying our house - see if they're really serious and how close they are to wanting it. Next call will be to my brother and his girlfriend to discuss the financing options, and then we will make our decision as to whether or not I go to Florida next week to check out the two houses for sale in my sister's development, or we just sit back and stick to our original plan of paying off some bills, ridding ourselves of 'junk' that has accumulated in the house, and putting it on the market.

And that's my day - don't be jealous!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 4/13/11 12:58 am
We kind of jumped off into the FL decision last summer. We had our eye on this neighborhood several years ago when the prices were so high I thought we couldn't even afford to drive down the street! And when something came available, I knew it was right. Of course, I looked at about 40 other properties that were absolute garbage, too.

You are very fortunate to have the financing option you do.

If I were in your shoes, I'd at least go take a look. You will know if one of those houses is the right one or not...and if not, the whole thing will come together in its time. (This is Lynn's fatalistic philosophy of real estate: If it's meant to be, the right thing will be on the market. If it falls apart, it just isn't right and it's too big a decision to make a mistake.)

As for the cleanout/fix up phase in PA? Hey, we are entering this phase AGAIN. Not sure how long it will all take but....I am warming up for the consignment stores, Goodwill, and Waste Management!
Lisa H.
on 4/12/11 10:04 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning all.. hope things get better with both the cyst and the construction.. 

Last night was pretty stressful with Siehara and dealing with her not wanting to go to therapy.  We did go and it was a good visit.  I THINK she gets the importance of it.  If not, her therapist is going to help her to understand it in the next weeks. 

I decided to veg out in front of the TV last night and ended up falling asleep by 9:30, if not earlier.  I slept all the way through til just before 6 and I'm feeling pretty good today.  

I'm working til 3:30 today.  Siehara was supposed to have an appointment with the allergist today, but I need to pay my balance before they will see her and I just don't have the money right now for it.  It's just a follow up and she has her meds in case she needs them, so I'm not too concerned about cancelling.  

This evening, Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring and then we are going to head to On The Border on Airport Rd in Allentown to support Hannah and Ryleigh's team for the March of Dimes.  The restaurant is donating 10% of all proceeds from today to their team.  If you are local and want to go, let me know.  I have the flyer you need to bring with you.. I also posted a link to it on my FB and so did Pam.    I can't do the walk with them this year, but want to help out in some way, so this is how I'm going to do it.  Plus, we've never been there, so it will be nice to try a new restaurant. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 4/12/11 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida - good luck with ALL that you have going on right now.....I think someone needs a recess! :)

I am up and at school, last night at the synagogue, my 7th graders and I heard a speaker who was part of the US Army during the liberation of the concentration camps.  I have heard him speak before, he is an african american man - most likely in his late 80's and was a Philadelphia High School Principal as well.  He speaks beautifully and really gets across the atrocities he saw during WWII and especially what he witnessed on that fateful day at a concentration camp.  The US really had NO IDEA what was happening over in Germany....but I digress....The kids seemed to have gotten something out of it - I hope!

Today I am at school, have to finish my grading and get them in the system, this afternoon I have a GYN appointment where I will talk about my severe moodiness and talk about peri-menopause and what that might begin to look like,  Tonight, we are supposed to go to the parenting seminar, but so not feeling it.  Larry is home, so we shall see what the evening holds.

Hope your Wednesday is a good one!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views