When all is right in the world.

jastypes
on 4/12/11 1:43 am - Croydon, PA
That's how I feel today, like all is right in my world.  I feel able to post in Life in Recovery rather than just in Beginner's.  LOL.  I feel like I have progressed past the point of struggle, into that comfortable place of living in recovery.  I know it has everything to do with being a sponsor, and sharing what I've learned with others.  I honestly believe in the 12-step way of life.  I've never gone all the way with the steps before, always progressing through 11, and then feeling "cured" enough to leave whatever program I was in, not necessarily picking up my drug of choice again (at least for a while), but also never having had this experience of really sharing myself with others. 

I hope to never be so comfortable in recovery that I don't think addiction could happen to me again.  I know better than that.  But it feels wonderful to live in the solution, one day at a time, and to share it with like-minded, beautiful people like yourselves.

Thank you all so much for helping me along the rough road I traveled to get to this place of serenity, hope, joy and victory.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 4/12/11 7:34 pm - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations. what I was told is you are never cured and that the steps and meetings are your medicine and that there is no 12 and done. It is 12 and then repeat. Good for you
Laureen S.
on 4/14/11 1:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Sounds like a good place to be Jill and having spent almost 24 years in Recovery, with a hiatus of 2.5 years (where I stopped making meetings and made sex and food my drugs of choice during those 2.5 years, all pain and misery was refunded in how I felt about myself because I was what they term, clean, but living dirty), I understand all too well that addiction for those of us with that personality trait, is a day at a time and sometimes minute at a time, so from the vantage point of someone who is now considered a dinosaur (lol), I can say, all I have is today and the years behind me are just experience that I can put to good use helping those that would welcome my help, in and out of my 12 Step Recovery process, I've learned I can only share what I've got, based on those experiences I have, that I don't have the answers, but if I run it through the steps, I am sure to find them.

I wish you peace, joy and continued victories over whatever life cir****tances and the hope and knowledge that you never walk alone on this path of life.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views