Sunday RollCall

IdaMae D.
on 4/9/11 10:30 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA;

I'm up getting ready for church.  Had a full day yesterday so Gene didn't get to read my prayers and scripture readings until almost 11 pm at which point I was too tired to discuss anything.  I'm taking the roll of Worship leader today with our Pastor.  So this morning Gene made some suggestions for scripture I got up and read and worked those that spoke to me into my part of the worship service.

Yesterday was an awesome day!!!!  Spending the day with my honey - PRICELESS!!!!

We found quite a few claw foot tubs.  Three are in a "rescue" store, I have to find out what size our master bath will accomodate.  I of course liked the 5ft 5 in tub, the others are all 5 foot.  The other store we stopped in was more of an Antique type store and boy did the pricing say that loud and clear, they wanted $3500.00 for one of their claw foot tubs, dad asked me if it was gold inlayed with diamonds or something  - gotta love a 91 yr olds sarcasm.

We also stopped at the jewelry store.  Dropped off my engagement ring and the very first ring Gene gave me for resizing.  I am back to my high school ring size - YEAH!!!!  The jeweler is also making me an onyx necklace that I designed and I have to drop off my old wedding set from my first marriage because he is going to use the diamonds from that set and make my new necklace and earring set.

Gene's mom and my dad joined us for dinner.  My dad not doing so well.  He lives in Jersey so I only know what dad tells me on the phone.  Brother and I have significant differences so he tried to keep me out of everything regarding dad.  My brother is uneducated - works well with his hands and because he is a fire fighter - had a Medical Degree due to that - go figure.  So when I get involved with dad's medical care the brother gets very mean and nasty.  Dad is having a very hard time breathing.  He has had congestive heart failure for many years as well as A-Fib.  It sounds to me as if he has fluid in the lungs just from listening to him breath after he walks a short distance, so I'll be making a call to dad's cardiologist Monday.  

Brought the parents to see the house.  Gene's mom was able to get around more of the house than dad was.  Dad loved the new addition and all the windows, he parked his walker in front of the window and we sat there for a good hour.  He loved that room!  Gene's mom had to see everything and was disapointed that she could not get into the new portion of the basement.  Gene had said it was a waste of time to bring them to the house since "there was nothing to see".  Afterwards he said I was right they both really wanted to see with their own eyes..

Have to jump in the shower - hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 4/9/11 11:19 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Where is everybody?? Sleeping in I guess....

Ida, I can't wait to see all the bobbles that you are getting! Awesome that you are down to the ring size you were in HS!! Sounds like your Dad definitely needs to be seen by the dr. I hate when there is a lack of communication and cooperation between siblings. I have issues with my brother, but that is another story!

Yesterday was nice. The weather was beautiful and I had some me time! Dee was with her friend and her mom most of the day while hubby was working. I got some cleaning done with some relaxation in between.

Today we are celebrating Deanna's 8th birthday with a party with her friends. Her birthday isn't until April 19th, but it was close to the holidays so I decided to have her party early. She is SOOOO excited !!!! I am too, I cannot believe that she is going to be 8!! It seems just like yesterday that she was born! I still remember the first time I saw her, I was TOTALLY in love!!! She is definitely my miracle baby! I had a miscarraige before her and had to have a DNC. Eight months later we found out we were pregnant! It was totally natural after months of fertility treatments!! Funny how life works!

Well, that is it for me! Better get some breakfast....

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 4/9/11 11:42 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. Took a long walk with the dog this morning - felt good. Then I ran out to gas up the SUV and off to Micky d's for breakfast and my coffee.

Have a houseful again this morning - 3 little girls here again having their McGriddle sandwiches and chocolate milk. The dog loves having them here to play with.

Cleaning today and that's about it - my sister and brother-in-law are on the road heading up this way - they'll be here sometime tomorrow.

Hubby and I have a lot to think about over the next few days - my brothers girlfriend has made us a very generous offer with two options if we want the house in Florida. Lots on my mind.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 4/10/11 12:08 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida,
Sounds like you had a nice day with your Dad and Mom-in-law.  These memories are precious when our parents get to the age they are.  My Mom enjoyed an afternoon with my granddaughter on Thursday, where we watched "Tangled" together.  My Mom tried to call her a name that she wants to label her, "Gigi" to stand for Great-granddaughter.  My granddaughter told her, "No, Grandma.  My name is Isabel Colleen Rockafellow."  I love that Munchkin.  Lincoln was taking a nap most of that afternoon.

Yesterday was spent resting the foot, because it really hurt more than ever.  Plus, because it is the same side as my hip with bursitis, that flared up terribly yesterday as well.

Today, I will be heading to my sister's for the obligatory Scrabble game with Mom at some point.  They invited me over last night, but I was too beat.  My foot prefers to be elevated, and that is hard to do playing a board game in my sister's house.

I also will be cutting out coupons from today's paper.  I cut them out and separate the ones I need from the ones my daughter can use, and then send them to her.  It's like sending her money, especially the diaper coupons. 

I never made it to my therapist's office yesterday.  Being tired, and in pain just trumped the long drive there. 

I am looking forward to Easter Sunday.  My church is changing the time of our worship service, which right now is at 9:15.  It is being changed to 10:30, which I will be able to make with much more ease.  Right now, with walking Utley, and trying to eat a sane breakfast, I can't make that early time.  We also changed our name from Langhorne Terrace Ministries, to A Church of Living Hope. 

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Maura M.
on 4/10/11 12:11 am - Yardley, PA
Good Morning ladies!

Ida - I dropped my rings off at the jeweler yesterday to get resized too!  I went down 2 whole ring sizes!!  She measured me at a little tight at a 5.5, but went up to a 6 as I wanted to make sure that I had room for some regain (ugh, I get disgusted at the thought of it) / summer swelling, etc.,   Got my watch resized - was looking at my hand (not wrist) to tell time because that is how far it was hanging down) and put 3 bracelets in for resizing.. I think Mark will be happy to see me wearing my rings again!  I have been wearing a cheap little "diamond - ha" band that I got a JCPenneys at a holiday sale for $6!

Today, I shall celebrate the birthday of this beautiful child of which Beth speaks.  Then to the supermarket - then back home for a full day of hopefully getting some yard work done - daffodils and tulips in bloom already - makes me happy!  Clematis and Peony are popping up - lenten rose is still in bloom :) :) :).. LOVE when spring is popping!  We will definitely grill for dinner - veggies and chicken probably... 

That's it for me today! 

Have a great day PA!

Maura

Maura

Lisa H.
on 4/10/11 2:20 am - Whitehall, PA
 Ok, so it's noon.. I woke up about 45 minutes ago.. I had a fabulous weekend, even if my food choices were not that great. Acted like a teenager Friday night, relaxed a bit Saturday afternoon.. Last night Siehara and I hung with Tanya and family and then came home to a nice late night visitor..  Today, I'm planning to clean up my room a bit and possibly head to the AT&T store.  My stupid phone won't turn on again.  I had it plugged in all night and used the reset trick, even pulled the SIM out.. nothing.. I'm trying to just be patient and see what happens, but I am NOT patient when it comes to my phone.  

My food choices Friday and Saturday were not the greatest and there is really no way I can try to recreate it for my food journal.  BUT, I DID consume ALL of my decaf liquids both days so that is a positive.  Today, I am back on track and will stay here.  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views