Friday Roll Call (Birthday Weekend)

IdaMae D.
on 4/7/11 7:26 pm, edited 4/7/11 7:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Yesterday began the start of my birthday weekend!!!

My co-workers surprised me by taking me to the Erin Pub for a birthday luncheon.

Today I will be taking Gene and dropping him off in Philly for a training, then after work pick him up and then we are headed to the Jewelry store to pick out my birthday present. Then spend the rest of the evening together!!!!

Tomorrow which is my actual birthday, Gene took off and is not seeing clients but is instead spending the entire day with me - YEAH!!!! I love my hubby....We will be heading to Jersey to have breakfast with some wonderful friends that we do not see often enough, then picking up my dad and heading back here to Philly and picking up Gene's mom then Heading to Gallow's for a nice dinner with family.

The house is coming a long well. The windows and sliding glass doors are now in the addition as are the skylights that are in the greatroom. It is amazing to see this coming together. The weather has been a thorn in the side of the general contractor, he just cannot get into a rythm going to get this moving which is very annoying for him and his crew. Now I have to get the rest of the house cleaned out as they begin making this one house rather than just an addition.

Work is good, we are in a lul at the moment but getting ready to gear up on some more projects some of which I will be the lead.

School is coming along well. Had long talk with my accounting prof, he said it is his job to see that I pass. I did not do as badly on my coding mid term as I had thought I receive a 60% the goal for the test is a 70% I'm almost there.

Hope everyone has an awesome day....

Ida

IdaMae

Sara E.
on 4/7/11 9:07 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Happy Birthday weekend Ida!
I hope you & Gene have a great day tomorrow.
Today I wor****il 4:30 then I have to scoot home to make sure Caleb has everything packed for his weekend.  teh scouts were going canoeing but the water level is too high & dangerous, so they are changing it to a white-water rafting trip.  None of them have done it before, so it should be a challenge.   As for me, I have our lovely taxes to do at sometime this weekend.  Have a great one everyone.
Sara

Lisa H.
on 4/7/11 10:14 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Birthday weekend, Ida.. so many birthdays around these parts in April. 

Today has me working until 3:30.  I have to go to Redner's on my lunch break to pick up a few things, including cat food.   After work, Siehara and I are packing our bags--well, mine is pretty much ready to go, and waiting for Chele to get here so we can drive down to Philly for the slumber party!!   We'll drop Siehara off with the teen-sitter and head on to the party.  

That's it! Looking forward to a great night of bonding and girl time!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 4/7/11 10:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Happy Birthday Ida and Happy TGIF - Two reasons to celebrate today!! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful birthday weekend - oooh, baubles??? I LOVE baubles!! We'll definitely need the details on that! Sounds like the house is coming along - can't control the weather, sadly, but it will get done and I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm at work this morning - only here til 1:00 today - taking hubby to see the orthopedic surgeon and find out what's going on with his knee. He's still using the cane and sleeping on the loveseat, so even though he tells me it's getting better I find that hard to believe.

Had a special treat last night when I got home - my nephew got my Phillies hat signed by Darren (Dutch the Hottie) Daulton and a personalized, autographed picture - WOO-HOO!! The guy is still damn HOT!!

My sister wrote and she and her hubby have an appointment at 10:30 this morning to go look at that house down the street from them for us today. My b-i-l is going to check things out like electrical, plumbing, etc., while Vic takes more pictures of the house for me to see. Yesterday I was all psyched - today I'm more in the 'omg are we moving too fast' stage. But if it's meant to be it will happen - if not something else will come along when the time is right.

Quiet weekend on tap for us - tonight we have people coming to look at a roll top desk I have for sale - hopefully they'll want it. Tomorrow is Kathy-pampering day - mani-pedi, and then I might scoot out to Lancaster to the Skecher outlet for some new shoes. The rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning and prepping the house for my sister and her husband who are arriving on Monday.

Enjoy the day - enjoy the weekend!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jastypes
on 4/7/11 10:48 pm - Croydon, PA
Hope you have an amazing birthday weekend!

I'm at work.  I know it's gonna be a crazy day, and I'm looking forward to the weekend.

I'm here to pledge 24 hours of sobriety and sane eating!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 4/7/11 10:52 pm
Happy Birthday Ida and Happy Friday!!

Sounds like you are going to have a FABULOUS birthday!! Enjoy it cause you deserve it!!

I came home from work yesterday TOTALLY exhausted. I watched my soap then went upstairs at 5:30pm and fell asleep until about 10pm. Nature woke me up then I was hungry since I didn't have dinner. So I ate something then went BACK to bed around 10:30 and woke up when my alarm went off at 6am!! I guess I was tired!! This morning I feel better than I have ALL week!!

Today is wor****il 3pm, then stopping off for gas in the car, home to relax and watch my soap. Pick up the girls, let them play since it is Friday. Make a quick dinner, then head off for a girls night in!! Fun with my peeps!!

Have a GREAT Friday!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 4/7/11 11:15 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Happy Birthday Ida,

So many April birthday's, a nice time of year to have a birthday, renewal as all things green again. . .

How well I remember the chaos of my home addition two years back, it seemed like it would never be done, I have to say it was so worth it, I love the addition and recently the final piece was put in play, in that I finally put in my energy efficient full sized washer/dryer in the master bathroom that I had converted from my old bedroom.  I love my house, I now just wi**** were somewhere where the taxes weren't killing me, which is why I have two roommates, to help offset the expense of it all.  Anyway, you will be happy once all is said and done.

My weekend is going to be busy, but what else is new.  Today I have wor****il 4, after that some errands to run, then going to visit with some friends, home, bed.  .  .  tomorrow, haircut, Roxie gets groomed at a friend of mines grooming place, run to my son's house where I will borrow his pick up truck to make a run to home depot to buy 4 x 8s to create a raised bed to grow my vegetable garden, as well as other items needed to address lawn care and the like, home to drop it all off, bring truck back, go home, collapse and then go to women's AA meeting, after which I will go to bed exhausted I'm sure. . .  Sunday is Tony and me day, supposed to be nice (I think) and hoping we will do something outdoors, though I really should spend time working on getting my yard/lawn in order. . .  it never ends, home ownership is somewhat overrated (lol).

You all have a great day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

steffihope
on 4/7/11 11:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
We April Babies ROCK Ida - Hope you have an amazing birthday weekend - I, and Beth too, are celebrating ALL month - you really should get in on THAT! :)

I am trying my damndest to get my miserable mood under control.  Not exactly sure what is up with it, but I have an appointment with the GYN next week and will talk with her about peri-menopause - someone here at work said it is a possibilty that THAT is what is causing my severe mood swings.  Whatever it is - I will get through it!  I havent seen Larry in a few days - that could be part of it - Molly is a challenge - **** happened at school yesterday with a STUPID parent - nothing in my control - which I think aggravates me even more!  oh well - my classroom phone has NOT stopped ringing....uch!!!!!!!!  I sooooo need tonight!  Can't wait!!!!!

So - I am here at school, testing two-thirds of the day - then after school heading to the bank if the line is not that long, making some deposits for Josh, then home to take him to a synagogue so he can go away for the weekend.  Then home for some time with Larry and then the BIG event tonight!  I am sooooo ready to hang out with so many of you!  I need you all so desperately right now and can not wait to drink, eat and PLAY with all of you!  

Here's hoping my phone stops ringing, Larry continues to play with me via text, or should I say sext and that this school day goes FAST........
Cherish F.
on 4/8/11 1:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
Love the Erin pub. It's 5 minutes from my office.
Happy Birthday!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

IdaMae D.
on 4/8/11 9:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
wow, where is your office?  its about the same distance from my office....small world...

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views