Thursday Roll Call

Lisa H.
on 4/6/11 9:22 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning Trish.. glad you've had time with your kids and munchkins.  I'm sure it was nice to get out to the park.  I am going to have to look back on FB b/c I know you have pics there, but I haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet.    I hope your foot starts to feel better, too.

Today has not started off great for me, either.  I wish there was a way I could give Siehara her meds while she is sleeping so she would be much more cooperative in the morning.  It takes her at least 45 minutes to get out of bed and moving into the shower.  I don't feel like I should have to wake her up before 6:00 just for her to get to the bus by 7:10.  It seems that I am going to have to, just to prove my point.  She was just getting out of the shower at 6:55 today when her friend showed up to walk up to the bus.  UUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH 

Anyway, she's gone and now MY day starts.  Typical Thursday for me

Work til 3:30
hebrew school drop off
gym during hebrew school
hebrew school pick up
gym for pilates

Dinner in there somewhere.  I will probably pack something for Siehara to eat after hebrew school and I'll have a shake.  I'm finding that with timing, I need to move my biggest meal to lunchtime.  Otherwise I end up eating too much after the gym which is also right before bed.  Not good.  

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 4/6/11 10:04 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - Trish, so sad you have to say goodbye to the little ones today - I know how heart-breaking that can be. I haven't seen my granddaughters in 2 years and I miss them terribly - can't wait to see the oldest one in June and hopefully the other ones later this year.

Sounds like it's been a tough morning for a lot of people out here this morning - mine has been non-eventful, thank goodness. Usual morning routine, and now at work having my sfvic and checking in.

Got a house posting from my sister yesterday for a house in her development - appears she and her girlfriends are on a mission to find us a house in their development - it's right down the street and I had seen it was for sale when we were down in February - very nice on the outside and the inside doesn't look bad. I'm so torn - I want to be close to her, but not necessarily THAT close - however, the house is a fantastic price - the neighborhood is very nice - low HOA fees - 55+ - and if something were to happen to my husband I would be close to my family, plus it has everything I want - 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, updated kitchen, pool. They live in manufactured housing development which isn't an issue so why am I hesitating? Plus at the price of the house if something did happen to Len I know I could handle it on my own. Well you know what? I'll put it in God's hands and see where he leades me - I'm not an overly religious person but I do think things happen for a reason. We'll see if He has a plan for me.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 4/6/11 11:06 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
What does your Hubby think Kathy?  Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to me.  i don't think you can undervalue the advantages of being close to family.  I think it would be awesome to be able to walk to my brother or sisters house anytime I wanted.  The closer the better if you ask me.  I say go for it, (as long as you continue to post on the PA board that is).  I mean it!

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 4/6/11 11:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hubby really likes the house and doesn't see a problem with living that close to my siblings - my brother and his girlfriend live in the same development - so we could walk to either one. And that is one of our reasons for moving down there, to be closer to my family - I didn't think I wanted to be that close at first, but the idea is growing on me, and with Len (my husband) being 20 years older than me chances are he may 'go' first, and it would be nice to be that close to family.

The more I think about it today, the more I'm liking the idea - the house is in great condition and the price is right - he could definitely retire and I could possibly work part-time if I could find something with benefits.

I love the thought of being able to get outside year round - I hate being cooped up all winter now.

Yeah Swede, I'm liking the idea more all the time. And I'd definitely stay on the PA boards - I love this site - it's my daily dose of support and reality checks!!!!

Laureen S.
on 4/6/11 11:30 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

Sounds like the plan is for you to look into things and see where it leads. . .  that is how I wound up in NJ, though I now want out of NJ thanks to the RE taxes, which from the time I purchased my home up to now have more than doubled. . .  I came back from my recent trip to Florida and thought, you know I think I'm finally in a place that I could live here full time. . .  however, I still need to work and jobs there are scarce, but property can be stolen these days, if I had extra and could find my way, I'd buy now for the future. . . oh well maybe I'll strike it rich one day. . .  making my dream board of what I forsee in my future and will believe it can happen. . .

Best wishes on whatever and wherever your "God voice" (intuition) leads.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 4/6/11 11:41 pm - Boothwyn, PA
We thought we'd be in our current home longer as well, but like you our real estate taxes are outrageous, and there is no way my husband can retire as long as we're living here - it's just too expensive. My sister and brother are in Florida and that's where this house is (if I didn't mention that). The last couple of times we've been down there my husband has loved it and is ready to get away from the long winters up here and he's more than ready to retire - he'll be 73 this year and while his job isn't physically demanding, it's mentally exhausting.

Real estate down there (Daytona area is where we'll be going) is so reasonable - their real estate taxes are low - I would work but think i could find something. I know I won't make what I'm making here, but I'm not happy at my job anymore either. I've been in it more than 10 years and I'm bored and I'm lonely. I miss interaction with different people - while the people I work with are very nice, they're not overly social - they never go out to lunch - and we never do anything together off-site unless it's work related.

No, I haven't been happy here in a long time, and it's funny because one of my co-workers has really picked up on it. Guess I'm not as good as hiding it as I thought I was!

If we can figure out a way to swing the down payment we could afford the monthly payments and just leave the house sit until we sold ours up here - but with the housing/mortgage market being what it is now mortgage companies want 20% down on a second home. Ouch.

Laureen S.
on 4/7/11 12:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Kathy,

Your's sounds like similar thought process to mine. . .  however, I am single and my b/f is 3 years from retiring, so I am trying to hang on until then, he has family in Florida on the Gulf Coast, then I have my daughters in Central Florida (and older two grandchildren), so it would bring us both someplace with less drastic winters, as well as having family near to us and yet because of the family we both have here in this area, he has an 87 year old Mom here, who he will not leave behind, so there is that aspect too and his one child, a grown daughter, married with a grandson, so we'd still have ties here. . .  then there is the fact that right now I could not give my house away, so that is another reason I am stuck here, have roommates to offset the expenses so I can stay put for a while, but ultimately, my goal is to get out of NJ within the next 5 years.  I would buy something now if I could, but no way do I have 20% to put down on anything unless I took it from my 401k and that would not be smart, so I'm stuck for now, but open to the future. . .  I would prefer to live on the Gulf Coast if I moved there, though the area you speak of is nice too.  Let's face it, after the winter we've had, anywhere it does not snow seems nice (lol)

Good luck and I hear you on the job front, nothing is as it was years ago. . . just lucky to have a job.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

steffihope
on 4/6/11 10:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish - I think that your daughter is one smart cookie - choosing a fun day in the park in lieu of the Salvantion Army....Hmmm....wonder where she gets her smarts from?!?!

I am at work,  yesterday was an interesting day to say the least.  Took Molly to the Psychiatrist.  He basically said to her if she is ok with all the ups and downs that she is feeling, keep at it, if not, there is medication.  Obviously, we are taking the medication route.  I will have to monitor to make sure she actually takes the meds.  He also told us that we have to get her back into therapy.  She has to be able to talk it out.  There in lies the problem, I think I will post that seperately to get some feedback later today.  Last night's Phililes game was CRAZY....7-0 in the beginning of the game - we then went for a walk to get some food and the Mets tied it up!??!  What was THAT all about.  We got back to our seats - and the balls were flying again.....turns out I DO have the power for the Phillies bats.....yay me?  HA HA!

Today is school, hair color and cut, going to try to get my nails done too afterwards, broke one yesterday and couldn't get there to get them done.  Then home to relax with the kids who I haven't seen in a few days - except Molly of course! :)

Happy Thurday, AKA Lesson Plan day!
jastypes
on 4/6/11 10:57 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, everyone!  I posted about my awesome evening yesterday in a separate post.  Today I am working (when am I not?) and I have nowhere to go tonight, so it will be a relaxing evening at home, maybe watching a Netflix movie with my girls. 

{{{{Nicole}}}} I don't think you are overreacting.  It sounds like you had a very frightening experience, and coupled with a death threat would, of course, leave you completely frazzled!  I'm sorry you didn't get more face-to-face support with it when it happened.  I am glad that you were able to come here and share it. 

I'm here to pledge 24 hours of sobriety and sane eating. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 4/6/11 11:35 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Trish,

I understand how tough it is to say goodbye to the munchkins, who by the way are adorable. . .  having my older two in Florida, I've missed so much, but it is always good when I see and get to spend time with them, they certainly grow up quickly. . .

Hope your pain levels become more manageable.

My day consists of working, lunch today will be spent with a co-worker friend, she is going to show me where the gym is, so I can go out a couple of times a week at lunch or before work, as that component is seriously something I need to be doing more of in order to get the scale moving in the right direction and we will have lunch on the riverfront here in Delaware, as the gym is somewhere close to it.  I am working until 6 tonight, then meeting up with my friend Owen and attending our homegroup AA meeting, after which I will pour myself into my bed and sleep (lol).

You all have a wonderful day.

Laureen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views