Im back!!!

gmom62
on 4/5/11 10:13 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Swede,

SSSSSOOOOOOOO  proud of you!!!  That is totally awesome!  You absolutely rock!!!

It is so amazing what this WLS does not just for our bodies but for our self esteem and self confidence.  With that said, Friday I registered for the Philadelphi HALF marathon!!  I am soo excited about doing this again.  I want to do the race in 3 hours which would shave off 30 minutes of my 2007 time.  Right now I am 45 pounds lighter than I was in 2007. So I am looking forward to training this time around.

Enjoy you Monday volleyball games!!!

Cyd

swedeville1
on 4/5/11 12:49 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks Cyd!  Yes WLS really does a lot to improve/return our self esteem and confidence.  I think for me it has been more of a return to the old me.  Kind of like i was able to take off that smothering heavy blanket and breath in deeply the fresh air of life again.  (wow that sounded a bit poetic...anyway).  
How about you doing another half-marathon.  Holy crap!!!  That sounds intimidating.  I have a hard time taking a three hour nap let alone running for 3 hours.  You go girl!  Very impressive!

Swede 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Maura M.
on 4/5/11 12:07 pm - Yardley, PA
Awesome Swedeldee!  So happy for you! 

It is you - and isn't it awesome!
Maura

swedeville1
on 4/5/11 12:52 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks Maura!  Wow you look really happy for me!  You know, 17 is my favorite number and that is how many smiley faces you gave me!  Coincidence?  I think not.  LOL

Swede

steffihope
on 4/5/11 11:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA
REALLY?!?!?!  flirting with each other IN FRONT of me.....That's it - we are OVER........(That was to Maura of course!) :)
sandy L.
on 4/5/11 1:07 pm - Altoona, PA
 Congrats.  So happy for you.

Decolady
on 4/5/11 9:41 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Thanks for sharing this, Swede, such an awesome and inspiring story!  Reminds us why we need to be vigilant and stay focused on the goal!

Peace,

Deb 
swedeville1
on 4/5/11 10:08 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks Deb!  How are things out your way?  From some of your recent posts it seems you may be struggling at times with food choices.  As scary as that is and how it reminds us that we need to be ever vigilant it is still something that is going to happen to us all.  We test limits! We knowingly and willingly do things that we know aren't good for us; however, unlike before we now know how to right the ship and get back on track.  Our new anatomy doesnt allow us to go overboard and it helps us smooth out the rough spots.  You are successful!  You will be even more successful! 
Swede

kgoeller
on 4/6/11 11:27 pm - Doylestown, PA
Swede,

An awesome event for you and a wonderful realization of the outcome of all of the incredibly hard work you've put into this, before and after your surgery.  Congratulations!  I am so proud of the way you've overcome so many obstacles, including some MAJOR health scares, and have maintained your perspective and positive attitude.  That makes all the difference.  Way to go!

Karen
swedeville1
on 4/7/11 2:27 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
Karen, thanks it was awesome! Keeping the right perspective has at times been a challenge, especially in the beginning.  Sometimes I just held on for the ride and usually landed pretty well, thank God lol.  But im here now, (not the end...not even close) and I am still enjoying the ride, especially when I keep discovering new things about me and finding the things I had lost!
PS. did you get my text message from the other day?  Not sure if I have the right number.

Swede

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views