Getting to know you post

futurefitnhappy
on 4/2/11 12:40 pm - PA
1. I was born in Fort Pierce, Florida.
2. Both parents are living (divorced and with new mates); I have one younger brother.
3. Lasagne is my favorite food.
4. My favorite beverage used to be Diet Dr. Pepper. Now it's iced nonfat sugar free coconut latte.
5. My favorite store to shop in is Amazon.com.
6. I'd love to go to Rome, Italy!
7. I'm looking forward to having my husband, an active duty Marine, back home on weekends. Right now he's stationed in Hawaii but in July he'll begin attending school at the Army War College in Carlisle, PA.
8. My most life-changing event was becoming a parent.
9. I would love to be a successful artist. It would be wonderful to be able to contribute financially for my family's needs doing something I really enjoy.
10. For fun I enjoy thrift shopping and breathing new life into discarded jewelry and furniture. I also like to grow vegetables and herbs.
Deborah
HW 258/ PSW 245/ CW 165.8/ GW 131.5 (HighestWt/PreSurgWt/CurrentWt/GoalWt)

Decolady
on 4/2/11 1:15 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
This is great, Nicole!

1. I was born in Summit, NJ
2. Dad passed in 2005, Mom in 2009.  I have one sister, 2 yrs younger, living in California.
3. Seafood, but SF Klondike bars are right up there too.
4. Good coffee with cream and Stevia
5. Filene's Basement, or anywhere with a bargain!
6. Asheville, NC
7. The Monkees concert on June 18th!! 
8. Having my son and losing my Mom
9. I would like someone to be inspired by me to be a better person and/or live a happier life.
10. Shopping, video poker, reading, crocheting, watching the Phillies!
R K.
on 4/2/11 7:36 pm
1.  Where were you born? What city state country etc?
 Betts Hospital in Easron, Pa

2. Are your parents living? Do you have siblings? 
Both are living but my Dad is in the final stages of CHF. My Mom is still working running a physicians office.

3. What is your favorite food?
Chicken fajitas.

4. What is your favorite beverage? 
Unsweetened ice tea, previously Yuengling.

5. What is your favorite store to shop in?
None, well maybe American Sport Shooting.

6.  If you could go anywhere on vacation what would it be?
Back to Aruba.

7. What is something you are looking forward to?
Everyday.

8. Name a life changing even other than WLS.
Nothing specific.

9. If you could be anything in life what would you be?
A mentor or counselor  for disadvantaged and delinquent kids, or a veterinarian.

10.  What do  you like to do for fun??
Hang out with my boys and grandkid**** the beach. 
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
IdaMae D.
on 4/2/11 10:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
1.  Where were you born? What city state country etc?

Philadelpia, PA in the original Frankford Hospital on Frankford Ave in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.

2. Are your parents living? Do you have siblings? 

Mom passed away Nov. 15, 1996
Dad is living will be 91 May 26th.
One brother - Joe who is 7 1/2 yrs younger than me

3. What is your favorite food?

That has changed drastically since WLS.
I love Greek yogurt w/a little bit of vanilla and stevia mixed in
I still enjoy Italian - now mostly meatballs in sauce w/cheese

4. What is your favorite beverage?

Any type of decaf tea - that has not changed prior to WLS I only drank decaf teas

5. What is your favorite store to shop in?

Thrift/consignment stores
NINE WEST for shoes & handbags
Saks, Macy's, Talbots, MIchael Kors, Etiene aigner, Anne Taylor, Boscov's (their quality is slipping drastically)  Used to love shopping Harley Shops (the quality of their clothing is the worst for the prices they charge)  I'm an old seamstress in my past life, I know good quality fabric and good quality construction and cannot find it in clothing today, even in the higher end shops, very disapointing!!!  

6.  If you could go anywhere on vacation what would it be? 

Get on the Harley and  pick a direction to head in and see where the road takes us

7. What is something you are looking forward to?

The completion of the addition and renovations on the house & graduation from Grad school in 2012 

8. Name a life changing even other than WLS.

Births of my daughters 
and the day I started planning my escape from my ex-husband

9. If you could be anything in life what would you be?

I do firmly believe I am exactly where I was meant to be at this point in time and doing what I was meant to do.  I work for a good company that I respect, I love working with the population of people that the company serves, and I enjoy what I do @ my job.  I'm married to the man who is my best friend and soul mate, and the one who completes me as I complete him.  I'm exactly where I want to be doing what brings me the most satisfaction! 

10.  What do  you like to do for fun?? 

riding on the Harley - definately my #1!
walking
read - other than for school
sew, knit, crochet
garden
cook/bake

IdaMae

pennykid
on 4/3/11 6:49 am - PA
I just saw this and wanted to chime in.

1.  I was born in Tyrone, PA.
2.  Mom is still living (just turned 76 last month.)  Dad passed away i*****  I have 2 older brothers (51 and 50), but sometimes I think I'm an only child.
3.  Do cookie count???  There's other stuff too---cheese,meatballs with sauce and cheese, anything on Cocopops, shrimp....
4.  Tea.  Crystal Light-type tea or hot.  Coffee.  Click espresso protein.
5.  Thrift stores!  I love a bargain!!
6.  Someplace with a beach.  Or Australia, Ireland, Scotland.  It would be fun to see all 50 states too.
7.  Getting a permanent job someday.
8.  When my dad died, and when I had a cerebral aneurysm.
9.  Independently wealthy!  lol  I'd love to be able to do something fun, like work in a cross stitch or craft store.
10.  Cross stitch, read, play computer games, hang with friends, play with my cats.
Julia              
swedeville1
on 4/3/11 9:58 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
1. Born in Meadville, PA (go westside!!!)
2. Both my parents are living.  My dad is still in Meadville and will be retiring in a year or two.  My mom is in Conneaute Lake pa.  She lives with my Grandmother.  Mom and dad have been divorced since before I was born.  I have a sister Tracey who is three years older and has 3 kids.  I ahve a stepbrother whos the same age as me and lives in Columbus with his wife and 2 kids.  I am still close with all of my family.
3. My fav food is mexican.
4.  Right now its a sugar free vanilla iced coffee from MCDonalds
5. Any "regular" store where I can now buys clothes.  Bye bye casual male big and tall!!!
6.  Hawii?   dont know for sure.  Vacations arent always care free when kids are involved.  Just sayin.
7. LOL my vacation this June to Myrtle beach!
8. How about getting through all the complications from my WLS?  I kinda consider the two hospital visits as different.
9. US Marshall
10.  Play volleyball! 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 4/3/11 10:02 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Ah Swede - a guy after my own heart - I'm having my large sugar free vanilla iced coffee as I'm typing this - it's my daily 'fix'!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 4/3/11 11:20 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
I totally thought of you when I typed that.  I know its your favorite and I often times think of you when I order it.  Hope that isn't too weird but I tend to associate things a lot.  LoL.  Mine is delicious today.  I tried to make them at home and although they are tasty they aren't the same.  I want to steal the ingredients from Mc Donalds so I can make my own whenever I want.

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 4/3/11 11:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Not weird - I think it's neat! And now I'll think of you when I order my sfvic! Their secret is the coffee - its brewed double strength for the iced coffee. yeah, I've tried making it at home too and while I can get close it's never quite the same.

I asked one time if they had it in decaf and that's when they told me they actually brew it double-strength.

Sometimes they get a little too crazy with the syrup then they're too sweet - I've found if I tell them 5 pumps of syrup it's perfect.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Cherish F.
on 4/3/11 11:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA

I'm addicted tothese too!! I have one at least 4 times a week.
But, I didn't know they could make them SF. Yeah!

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views