Wednesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 3/29/11 8:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Yesterday was an interesting day.  We had our annual reviews, I have no complaints about mine.  I received my grades for my first term, ended with a 4.0 GPA.  And I managed to get away from my desk to take a 3 mile walk during my lunch hour.

Today I have coding class tonight, we had our mid-term last week, do not think I did very well on that.  I'm very weak in medical terminology so I bought a medical terminology book.  We can write anything we want in our coding books for the certification test so I'll be adding a lot of medical terminology and the definations into the book prior to June 4th.   Will be  a late night tonight.  Gene is teaching tonight so he will be arriving home later than I.

I'm planning to get outside for a walk, if the weather is cooperative.

Hope everyone has a nice day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 3/29/11 8:29 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida,
Congrats on the 4.0.  You go girl.  That is awesome.  I could not pull that off when I went to grad school while working full time teaching.  You worked hard for that. 

Yesterday was a busy day for me, and today proves interesting.  I am scheduled for a job interview, but decided to call and see if it is full time or part time.  I could not tell from the job posting and forgot to ask when I scheduled it.  I am not looking for full time work at this time.  Part time is all I can handle with my physical stuff and doctors' appointments.

Today, I must get to an AA meeting.  I have been avoiding them for a lot of reasons, including my foot, but not just that.  I also want to go to the Salvation Army to see if they have any clothes for my Munchkins.  I went about a month ago with Mom, and she cleaned them out of the best stuff for Izzy.  I since learned that Lincoln needs size 3T winter, because the boy he gets hand-me-downs from is not growing as fast as Lincoln and he won't gave winter clothes from him.  I figure if I can get to the Salvation Army, I can get to a meeting.  When I get done all that, I have tidying to do, and I must get some stains out of my carpet. 
I hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 3/29/11 10:41 pm - Croydon, PA
Hey, Trish (and PA!).  Great AA meeting tonight at the Keys Club, women's step -- my home group and one I try never to miss.  Maybe I'll see you there!  It's at 8:00.  Went to OA last night.  Gotta tell you that it just breaks my heart to hear people talk about how they seem themselves as fat, ugly, short, stupid, etc.  Then at some point in recovery they start to see themselves as a split person:  fat/ugly/short vs. kind/loving/good -- like their physical selves just do not match their internal selves.  It was like that for me before GBS.  My weight loss has really helped me to see myself more as the kind/loving/good person, although I will admit there are days when all I can see are my flaws.  I love 12 step programs, and I love my God, but I am also so very grateful for weight loss surgery and all the growth and recovery it has brought me to.

I'm working today, as usual.  My daughter and her friend are here with me in Philly.  I'm staying sober and eating sanely today.  AA tonight.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Maura M.
on 3/29/11 8:48 pm - Yardley, PA
Good morning Ida & Trish,

I am up early as I need to be in work by 8... which means getting up at 5:45 due to this crazy commute of mine!

Today, I will work, work, work and then come home and veg - Did my first Zumba class last night - I had only done one on TV, so it was fun and embarrasing to show my lack of coordination to others, but I enjoyed it!  

That's all I have to report on my end..
Ida - congrats on what sounds like a good review and a 4.0!

Trish - I hope that foot heals quickly and you can get yourself, up, out and to meeting!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Liz R.
on 3/29/11 9:05 pm - Easton, PA
Congrats Ida!!

Well I am up and at work this morning. Had to literally drag myself out of bed! So didn't want to get up!

Just the usual today, working until 4 then home to hang with Mia. She's cutting another tooth so her moods are un-predictable. She did great again last night - went down at 7:30 and was still sleeping when I left!
Decolady
on 3/29/11 9:10 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning PA!

Up early this morning, have to take hubby to the hospital for minor surgery today.  He is getting his deviated septum fixed.  After he is out of surgery and I see him I will be back at the store till 6, then back up to the hospital.  He is only supposed to stay there one night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Peace,

Deb 
Lisa H.
on 3/29/11 9:17 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Ida and Pa... Congrats on your review and your GPA!!!  I don't know how you fit it all in.

Today has me up, but NOT FOR WORK!!! WOOO HOOOO

Siehara has an orthodontist appointment at 9.  We will pick up her (tie-dyed) retainer.. uh yeah.. lol.. guess it encourages them to wear them if they are at least cool.  She didn't need braces (thank goodness), just the retainer to push her front teeth together.  I should take before and after pics... 

After I take Siehara to school, I will be headed up to Freeland to finally pick up my computer from my friend's shop.  It's been fixed since a day or two after I left it, but I haven't had the chance to get up there to pick it up.  I assume, we'll grab some lunch while I'm there since the timing will be right.  

Tonight, Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring and while she is there I am going out to dinner with some friends.  Her tutor agreed to let her stay there longer and feed her dinner so I can go out.. it's nice to have friends.. lol.  

After dinner, we will probably just head home for the night and relax.  

Have a great day everyone!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 3/29/11 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - sounds like you had an awesome day, Ida - congrats on that amazing GPA! Just from reading your posts I can tell you put your heart and soul into school.

I'm at work - everyone is in the conference room for a call from our big boss who is over in Japan right now - since we're Enviornmental Health & Safety and Enviornmental Programs she has a lot on her plate right now with everything going on over there, dso she's giving an update on the situation as it relates to our company. I'm at my desk since someone has to man the phones and the door. Works for me.

Finally got my EOB's for the physical therapy I've been doing and suffice it to say that I will only be doing 2 days a week for another week or two then doing it on my own - at $105 a pop coming out of my HSA it's eating into my funds big time. I can do everything at home and that's how it will have to be. I put the max into my HSA but at this rate I'm going to run through it again this year like it was water.

So today is PT - tonight is leftovers - cleaning out the fridge - I have a ton of stuff in there that needs to be fed to the garbage disposal, frozen or eaten.

And that's about it for me today - not looking forward to the lousy weather they're calling for - I am looking forward to SPRING and better weather!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 3/29/11 10:35 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida and all of PA - NICE work on the GPA - you certainly work for it! Good girl! :)

I am at school - these mood swings are awful - and this time it has NOTHING to do with PMS.  I am going to my GYN in a few weeks for a check-up - I will talk with her about my med levels and see if that has anything to do with it.  I feel great this morning.  Completely like myself.  I am sure my students will appreciate it - I know Larry and the kids do! :)  I will teach today and then get some things done after school here - need to finish up the paperwork I started on Monday and didn't have time to finish.  Then tonight is up in the air - I was going to see if I could take Emily out and blow-off the Parenting Seminar as Larry and I are out tomorrow night and I really have not spent good quality time with her, however, I was just invited to the Phillies game for NEXT Wednesday and I am NOT going to go to the seminar then - so I am not sure what the evening holds.  

Either way - by 9PM - I will be sitting in front of the TV, lounging on my hubby and trying my damndest to stay awake and enjoy our cuddling time.  BUT - tomorrow is my surgiversary and we are going to the movies with friends to celebrate - so THAT is something to look forward to!

Happy Wednesday all! :)
bvohl
on 3/29/11 10:58 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!!

Congrats on that 4.0!! WOW!!

Yesterday after work I decided to go to Fashion Bug to see if I could find a new blouse to wear on Friday night and some pj's for the upcoming festivities. I found a really nice blouse it was a bit on the pricey side but I really liked it! Didn't see anything in the pj's that I really liked, so I decided to hop over to Walmart which is right next door. Found some really cute pj's for $9!!! To top it off I fit into an 18/20 in WALMART!!! What a WOW moment for me!! Compared to a 5x that would be tight I call that success!! Thank g-d for WLS!!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 then chiropractor, then pick up the girls, homework, dinner, relax and bed!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views