OMG I HAVE A DATE!!!

MELMEL308
on 3/31/11 4:10 am - PA
I already plan on going to LA fitness this weekend, and getting my membership card again.. I have had a membership there since 2005, and at one point was doing well going but of course i lost motivation..but not this time....  and the crazy thing is i have been paying 35 a month all this time to not even go.. i was afraid if i cancelled it, i would never join again...it was almost like saying i was giving up...which i did give up...
Also, I have been told by my doctor to play the wii 3x a week for 45 minutes...it has been alot of fun.. i do the just dance games, and the michael Jackson Experience (Which is Awesome btw)!!  You dance around, and you dont even feel like you are exercising...but the next day..wow, i feel it in my back, my arms..,and even my stomache..lol

Carbs and caffeine is going to be hard..but i know i can do it!  I told my hubby that i need to go to my 2 favorite restaurants one last time before the surgery... Now that i have a date, its almost like i have jump started my system..i'm not trying to hurry up and eat everything anymore...I am ready for this!!!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
Lisa H.
on 3/31/11 4:32 am - Whitehall, PA
 good for you!! Anything you do now is more than you were doing before. 

You are going to be great!! You have the right attitude to do well!

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 3/30/11 10:07 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations!! Awesome news and yes, exciting and scary at the same time - it'll be here before you know it!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 3/30/11 10:56 pm - Philadelphia, PA
It is the PERFECT date for you!  Congrats and hold on.  It is an amazing ride with bumps and smoth sailing all the way through.....we are here for ANYTHING!  Have fun! :)
MELMEL308
on 3/31/11 4:16 am - PA
Thanks Everyone for the awesome Encouragement!!! I am really excited...I know that it won't be easy but i am ready for this ride...
SOme of my friends and family are teasing and having fun saying Easter is literally going to be my last supper...lol I am blessed to have some really supportive friends and family...and I am grateful to have found a wonderful site like OH to guide me through this transition in my life!!!
I am told that i will have 2 weeks of liquid diet before and after surgery.  I have my Endocscopy on April 13th, and my preadmission testing and pre op diet is April 29th. 
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
pennykid
on 3/31/11 4:49 am - PA

Congratulations, Melanie!!!  You mentioned going to your favorite restaurants one last time---don't make yourself frantic eating "last meals".   Two reasons for that: you don't want to over-indulge and gain weight before your sugery; and you'll find that you can still eat many of your favorite foods, just modified to be low fat and low sugar and in small amounts.  I remember worrying about the foods I thought I would have to give up and worried that I was making a mistake.  I don't feel like I've given up a single thing!!!  In fact, I've gained a lot from this surgery---great new friends, a new love for foods I couldn't stand before, and feeling sooo much better that I've felt in years!!! 

You might want to get single serving sizes of some protein powders to have on hand after surgery.  Don't buy any big tubs of protein as you may find that your tastes change after surgery.

Good luck to you!!!

Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views