Need prayers and support

spirit56
on 3/26/11 11:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Sarah,

I will be happy to talk to you on Saturday.  I only have certification in Music so if you need to be a certified Elem. school teacher count me out.  7th and 8th grade is the age group for me if I intend to stay in education.  Thanx for the heads up.  See you on Saturday.

Donna 
bvohl
on 3/26/11 8:20 am
Donna,

((HUGS)) I am so sorry about this!! My heart goes out to you!! I know that you have been dealing with an impossible situation at work and I really give you credit for sticking it out as long as you have! I know you said that you don't want to go back to education but Camden is ALWAYS looking for teachers! They have good benefits and good starting salary....just something to think about!

I am here for you....day or night! I believe I did give you my number but if I didn't PM me and I will send it to you!!!

Remember, you are not alone!! Call me or you can email me at [email protected].

Love and hugs,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

spirit56
on 3/26/11 11:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth,

Thank you for your love and support.  I don't think that the Camden Public Schools are in my future.  I'll try to give you a call this week.  I hope to see you Saturday at Barix.  Take care.

Love, Donna
Arlene E.
on 3/26/11 11:04 am - Philadelphia, PA

Donna

As a fellow teacher, I can certainly feel your frustrations, anger and your wanting to no longer teach. These are tough times for teachers.  Take the time off to reflect, exercise and decide what you want to do.  Certainly reach out for support.

Zumba, swimming and any other activity will help you feel more in control and give you confidence to move forward.  See you soon at Barix.

Arlene 

spirit56
on 3/26/11 11:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Arlene,

I know that you understand the difficulty teachers are having these days.  The sad thing is when I chose to accept the Catholic school pay I thought my trade off would be decently behaved children.  Boy has that changed since 1978.  There are so many emotions rolling around inside of me - mostly anger at being the scapegoat in this situation.  I am glad to be out of the insanity and do believe there is something better waiting for me in this world.  Hope to see you soon at Barix.
Take care.

Donna
Patricia R.
on 3/26/11 5:27 pm - Perry, MI
Oh Donna,
I have been where you are, with classes that were out of control, and felt that sting of being the scapegoat.  I totally understand your pain, and feeling that you are through with education.  I wish I could say something to ease your pain, but I can offer you an understanding shoulder to cry on.  I taught in Philly for 18 years, and only 4 of them were good years, in good schools. 

Now is the time to trust the Lord for your next career.  I retired in October due to health situations that can't be fixed easily.  I don't miss it one bit.  I do miss my old colleagues, and some of my better students.  I have former students who are friends on Facebook, and it blesses my heart to hear from them. 

If you ever need to talk, I am hear.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

spirit56
on 3/26/11 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Trish,

Thanks so much for your comforting words.  I know that you have experienced way worse than I have and have battled your demons admirably.  Thank God that I do not have any physical limitations these days and I am going to work very hard to keep it that way.  It will only be in hindsight that I will see the reason for all of this but I do trust that God has a plan for me.  I am going to try to be open and continue to work my support system - spiritual direction, therapy, exercise, healthy eating, support groups.  All I can do is take it one day at a time.  Take care.

Donna
Laureen S.
on 3/28/11 11:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Donna,

I have been busy and am only first seeing this post. . .

Teachers are the real heroes in our society and so taken for granted and often lacking the support needed to do the job that they so thanklessly have, especially in these days.  From your description of what has gone on, I think the probability is that you will find yourself better off in the long run, yet I know only too well the feelings that come when suddenly being unemployed, but if you can figure out your finances and find a way to do it, I know you will wind up in a better place for you ultimately.  It is not easy to recreate the wheel at times, but I know your career was causing you stress, as you often spoke of it.  Maybe it is time to find a new vocation and do whatever it is that you dare to dream. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

spirit56
on 3/29/11 4:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Laureen,

Yes this year has been extremely stressful and I have shared some of my concerns at Barix.  I do know that I am better off out of that crazy environment.  Just trying to take it one day at a time.  Got to my Zumba class today and got the food shopping done.  Everyday I am trying at accomplish a few tasks so that I don't just stay in my pajamas all day.  Been there and done that other times when I was unemployed.  Not sure what the future holds but I am hopeful that God has something better for me.  Hope to see you on Saturday.  Take care.

Love, Donna
pennykid
on 3/29/11 3:58 am - PA

Donna,

I haven't been on the board in a few days, so I'm just now seeing your news.  I'm so sorry for your situation!  I've been in similar situations: I worked in MH/MR for a lot of years and dealt with very difficult individuals.  I was at a breaking point in that field---it was a thankless job; the staff were just as bad to deal with as the aggressions and behavior problems from the clients; low pay; no support.  I left there on my own.  I've been downsized twice, so I know what it's like to suddenly be out of a job.  I've found that each time is a chance to reinvent myself, and that usually something better comes my way. 

Take some time for yourself now.  Can you go to a career counselor to try to figure out what direction you might want to go in now?  Do you have a dream career you've always thought about?  Maybe there are other options for you in education---guidance counselor, charter school, online school, secondary education.  What is it you'd like to do?  Remember: if you do something that makes you happy, you'll never work a day in your life.

You may not want to wait to file for unemployment.  If I remember correctly, people are encouraged to file as soon as their job ends.  I seem to think that a time lapse counts against you.  You can open your claim and file your bi-weekly claims right online.  (I have the website at home, if you need me to send it to you.)

Good luck to you!!!!  Let me know if I can help in any way!!!!

Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views