Low Carb Eating Plan?

liz52408
on 3/24/11 2:49 am
Has anyone followed a low carb plan post op?  I really need to get rid of the carbs I am eating, but not sure which plan is best, for instance Atkins seems to be alot of calories and high fat foods, and not sure if that's the best since I would like to lose another 10-15 lbs maybe.

Thanks!
Liz

EileenWalton
on 3/24/11 5:30 am
I have had the most luck following the South Beach diet.  It's a GOOD carb, GOOD fat plan that works well when followed.  Good luck to you.
Eileen

liz52408
on 3/25/11 3:00 am
thanks!  I think I even have the South Beach diet book at home!!

jojobear98
on 3/25/11 11:31 am - Gettysburg, PA

I will be honest here.

NO!

I didn't have WLS Surgery to follow a "diet plan"  If I could do that, I wouldn't have needed WLS to begin with.

I follow the plan that is recommended by NUTS for my surgery.

High protein, Low carbs, low fat, etc.

Post WLS, I find it JUST as frustrating and ridiculous to follow a diet plan that we would have tried pre op.

Get back to basics. KNOW your plan from your NUT, and follow that.

The fad diets do not work. Or none of us would be on OH.

Just being honest, and speaking as a long time post op.

Good luck and hugs!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

liz52408
on 3/31/11 1:48 am
On March 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM Pacific Time, jojobear98 wrote:

I will be honest here.

NO!

I didn't have WLS Surgery to follow a "diet plan"  If I could do that, I wouldn't have needed WLS to begin with.

I follow the plan that is recommended by NUTS for my surgery.

High protein, Low carbs, low fat, etc.

Post WLS, I find it JUST as frustrating and ridiculous to follow a diet plan that we would have tried pre op.

Get back to basics. KNOW your plan from your NUT, and follow that.

The fad diets do not work. Or none of us would be on OH.

Just being honest, and speaking as a long time post op.

Good luck and hugs!

that is very true about the diet plans!!  i am going to get out my book from Hershey and follow that!
thanks so much for your advice!!  :)

alittle110
on 3/30/11 12:40 pm - Bucks County, PA
I just spoke to the nutritionist about this at my last visit. I am only 9 months out and have heard of "older" patients going on diets like atkins, south beach and weigh****chers. I am scared that I may feel the need to "diet" at some point in the future. Diets have never worked for me just like so many of us here.

The nutritionist recommended that if I find myself gaining weight, I should schedule an appointment with my team when I have gained 10-15 pounds. They can then help me to get back on track with the WLS meal plan. She said it becomes harder to loose the further out you go and you should change your eating patterns sooner rather than later.

I hope this was helpful!

Kristine

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views