Tuesday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 3/21/11 2:59 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I am up, and can't sleep.  I am thirsty right now, and having a bit of anxiety.  I have to be at Aria Bucks Hospital at 7:45 in the morning, and I hate the no food or drink after midnight right now.  I wanna quench my thirst.

My day involves having three hammertoes repaired, and sleeping during it.  When I get home, I will be home, with my foot elevated.  Sounds exciting,

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 3/21/11 7:44 pm - Lancaster, PA
Good luck with your surgery.

Good morning to PA PEEPS. I am at work today but do not have any clients this evening so things are good for a nice stress free night. I did not get to the gym yesterday, grabbed my gym bag, but realized I did not have any shoes in there because I had taken them out to walk. So when I got home I walked outside. Did some chores. Trying to keep from coming home eat and plop pattern. Got my tax info for my private practice together so that is good. I have been dreading that.  After expenses what is left it hardly seems worth it. Some times I really consider just shutting down, but the small amount that does come in, does help with some bills. So..
Things here at work are about to get very stressful, our director is leaving and taking several people with her, so we will be stretched thin. My supervisor is going to be straddling 3 jobs. SUCKS! Which means I will be straddling 2 and trying to keep her from jumping off a bridge.

Oh well, this is the face of most our jobs right now huh?

One cool thing that is happening is that my cousin in CA. Works with a non-profit that provides services and interventions for people in kenya. They are starting a new initiative to help with substance abuse, their goal is to have a treatment facility for the women in this small area, to help them get clean and sober, and decrease trading sexual favors for drugs and alcohol which will in turn save their lives and others by decreasing the spread of HIV. I am only a collaborator at this point providing info and suggestions but am pretty excited, Who knows maybe some day  I will get to go over there and see the end product.

Hope you all have a good day.
Sara E.
on 3/21/11 8:51 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning Trish, Nocole & PA!

We had a great weekend in Philly.  The stair climb was fantastic.  Ii did it in a respectable 18min 21sec.  Caleb got elite climber status and did it in an amazing  9min 44sec.  I can't wait to do it again next year.  Pam Hart had talked about doing it last year.  Maybe some of you would be interested next year.  It made me think of where I was and where I am now...WOW...that is an eye-opener.  We did a bunch of tourist stuff too.  All in all, it was a good weekend away.  Sometimes you just need a little break, you know?  I hoep everyone has a terriffic Tuesday.  My Tuesdays are all the same...work, dinner, scouts, help Caleb with homework.

Later...
Sara

dit657
on 3/21/11 9:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Love your new avitar, Sara!! You look fantastic!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 3/21/11 9:22 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All

Good Luck today Trish!

My tuesdays are pretty typical as well. Wor****il 4, bank, Mom's to get Mia and home to make dinner, then play, snuggle, bottle, bed!

I have a huge conference call at noon today (why exactly do they have to do it right at lunchtime?! Yes, they are on the east coast) I am kind of dreading it because a power hungry architect isn't happy with my drawings. He's too egotistical to realize that my drawings are a direct reflection of the lack of information he has provided and today is the day I call him on the carpet because this project MUST move forward quickly as we have a deadline of the middle of may and it's already going to be very tight. *sigh* what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right?!
IdaMae D.
on 3/21/11 9:34 pm, edited 3/21/11 9:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA:

Trish good luck with your surgey, we'll keep you in prayer.

I'm working from home today. We are meeting with the interior designer @ 9am to sign off on the final floor plan so the framing can begin. The architect screwed up so much on the blueprints not sure what to do at this point. The general contractor is going off the plans, and tore out all the walls on the second floor yesterday in one bedroom, Gene was not home when this happend. When he got home he told the GC the plans were incorrect, so now the GC is pissed that he ripped down walls that are supposed to stay and paid three guys to do unnecessary work yesterday. Waiting to find out how much this mistake is going to cost us. What a pain in the A$$!!!!!! All the wood the contractor ordered based off the plans is also not correct due to bracing issues that are a requirement in the city that the architect did not specify in the plans, so now he has to order different wood, bracing stuff, etc., and is pissed. Then yesterday Gene was telling the GC about the kitchen plans that I love and he said it probably cannot happen. I'm okay if it can't, I don't think the interior designer will be happy when we were not sure about her plan at the beginning she said our GC has never said no to anything she's planned before so she saw nothing stopping her from flipping the kitchen, however, yesterday this doesn't sound like it's going to happen. This addition/remodel is becoming more aggrivation that what its worth!!!

I'm done venting I think. I'm not planning to work very hard today considering I worked approx 7-8 hrs on Sunday to get my project ahead of the game. Yesterday a second project boiled over so I'm also putting out fires on that one. Both of these projects put me in positions of exposure throughout the company.

Sometime during the day I'm planning to go out for a walk. Then after work I will hit the gym when Gene leaves for work this evening.

Hope everyone has an awesome day....

Ida

IdaMae

Decolady
on 3/21/11 9:37 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning, PA!

Trish, hoping all goes well with your surgery today!

Yesterday I met with a therapist in Allentown who specializes in eating disorders.  I have found myself starting to snack a lot lately, I have not lost anything in about 3 weeks.  So as she suggested, I am scaring myself!  I have never seen a therapist, I am hoping she will help me figure out why I continue to sabbotage myself over and over again.

This weekend I was able to get a bunch of shoe and clothing racks for the new store at Fashion Bug in Bethlehem, as they are closing.  They reduced their racks to only $10, truly a steal!  I am ready to move into the new space as soon as it is ready, hopefully in about 2 weeks.  Sales have been steady in the store, people are starting to bring in spring stuff as they clean out their closets.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Peace,
Deb 
dit657
on 3/21/11 9:39 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - many prayers coming your way for a speedy recovery, Trish - hope you have help with Utley?

I'm at work - just another day. Hubby is still home today recovery from his sore knee. A co-worker brought a cane in for him yesterday so it is helping him get around better, but we felt it was best to give it one more day of rest. Plus the dog is still recovering from kennel cough and housebound so they can 'bond'. Nephew is feeling better - good for me to come to work while they're all home and recuperating!

PT for my core/hip strengthening is going well - get one heck of a work-out while I'm there and it is helping me get back into work-out mode. I'll do the exercises at home today.

That's about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 3/21/11 9:43 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hi Trish, as I am writing this you are arriving at thehospital.  Good luck today and I hope your surgery goes well!  Rest and relax this evening and enjoy the downtime.  I hope your recovery is quick!

Today I am working till 3:30 and then heading home. My son has guitar practice today and Jen and I will find a way to get our p90x "core synergistics" workout in as well.  We did p90x yoga last night and I gotta tell you that I was dripping sweat!  Yoga aint no joke yo!!! 

Nicole, I hope your two job straddle goes ok today. 

Have a great day everyone!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

jastypes
on 3/21/11 10:52 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, PA.  Prayers going up, Trish, for a complete and quick recovery from surgery.  I'm at work, as usual.  OA meeting tonight, which I could really use because although I've been sane eating for 2 weeks now, I feel like I could devour everything in sight today.  It's not hunger for food, but I cannot figure out what is driving the desire to eat today.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views