It's been a looooong time

(deactivated member)
on 3/17/11 9:32 am - Poconos, PA

Hello everyone,

I went AWOL quite a while ago but hope you’re all doing very well.

A couple of things have happened recently that got me thinking long and hard about some stuff and I thought this was the perfect place to start getting myself back together again. Since I went MIA, I have been through a whole heck of a lot both personally and medically. I thought it was better to fall off the grid not because I didn’t think anyone would care or because I didn’t trust anyone enough to share what was going on but because I’m the type of person who never wants to burden other people with my problems. At the time, there was so much going on that there was just no way I would have been able to contribute to these boards or to any of you in a positive way. The last thing I would ever want is to be a Negative Nellie in anyone’s life so I basically ran away so no one would have to deal with my drama.

A lot of people say that everything happens for a reason and I’m actually a big believer in that. A few things have happened just this last week that keep telling me I need to come back here so here I am. I’m still going through a lot with my health but I’m doing my best to get through it and hopefully in the end, everything will be fine. In the meantime though, maybe I can help someone else who is having the same problems and they won’t feel the need to go through anything alone because even though they might think it’s the best route - It honestly sucks! Sorry for the potty mouth but it really does.

Anywho, I don’t want to rattle on and bore the heck out of everyone. I just want to say that I’ve missed you all very much and I hope to pick up with my OH family right where we left off if that’s ok??

Big hugs and lots of love to all of you!

Val

Lisa H.
on 3/17/11 11:18 am - Whitehall, PA
 See what happens when you are picked as the winner for my Tastefully Simple promo!!! It brings you out of the woodwork!!

Glad to see you back and of course we'll take you.  Not sure if you can take some of the new people here.. *cough cough* Steffi *cough*cough*  , especially since you said excuse your potty mouth over saying sucks.. LOL

Anyway, It's great to see you back Val.  Please post and share your victories and struggles with us.  We are here for you as you have been for so many people along your journey.  I hope your health issues are starting to get better.  

WELCOME BACK!!

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/11 3:34 am - Poconos, PA
You wanna laugh? That actually was one of the things that happened. Then I got this email out of nowhere from OH sending me congrats on my 8 year surgiversary which is really odd because no matter how many times I add it to the list, my email doesn't recognize OH and sends it straight to my spam folder so I usually never see them. Then I get a message on Facebook from a friend wanting to know about WLS and theeeeeeeeen I was trying to send an email from my cell phone and kept trying to type in the name but the only one it would recognize was LIZ!!! True stories, swear to ya and waaaaaaaay too frickin spooky if ya ask me!

R K.
on 3/17/11 11:19 am
You've been gone what a year?  I think there is a punishment for that.  60 days probation and you have to log in and make a post daily.  If you violate your probation we will sent the WLS posse to the Pocono.

Glad to see you're back. Now we just need to find our Pam. She too is MIA.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/11 3:36 am - Poconos, PA
Thanks and I will make every attempt to abide by the terms of my probabtion. This post counts towards today's tally right?
Nicole0216
on 3/17/11 7:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
Glad to see you back. Was wondering what happened to you,.
Liz R.
on 3/17/11 9:15 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning! welcome back and glad to see you posting! ASking for our help is NEVER a burden!
dit657
on 3/17/11 10:26 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Val and welcome back - we've missed you! Please don't ever apologize for having to step away from the boards to deal with personal issues - I've done it and so have many others - it's life, and sometimes it's just better to focus on ourselves and try to get things back in order. One thing for sure - we are always out here for each other and we don't judge. I hope your health issues are soon resolved - sending many prayers and good thoughts your way.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dennis Belk
on 3/17/11 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/17/11 11:12 pm
I ditto Dennis and remember "There's no place like Home"

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views