Ash Wednesday Roll Call

Laureen S.
on 3/8/11 6:29 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning PA Folks,

I don't post here often anymore, since most days I am up and out the door and by the time I would post here it is late in the day and I post to the Over Fifty Forum on OH now, as those are my peers. . .  but seeing as I'm up early, think my body is preparing me for the time change coming this weekend and no one has started you up yet, I decided it would be nice to hear from you all today, as I do peek in on you guys and am lucky enough to see some of you at Barix support groups. . .

Welcome to the newbies on here, this is a great forum for support as you progress on your personal journey.

My day is going to be long as we have a big trial going on and lots of people from all over, they are here for 2 weeks (they started arriving this past Sunday) and it involves lots of extra work, catering to their needs, but it will keep me in OT, so no complaints here. . .  Things are good and I am wishing everyone a great day.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

IdaMae D.
on 3/8/11 6:39 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Lauren:

Today I'm working frorm home.  I have an Ob appointment this morning due to the last ultrasound he wants to see me to discuss the cysts on my overies. 

Yesterday I did get out of the office during my lunch to take a 2 mile walk.

Gene and I have a couple errands to run after my doc appt.  We so rarely see or are at home at the same time anymore so we have to take advantage when these opportunities present themselves.

I'll be working till about 3:30 then have to head south on 95 to Crozer for my coding class tonight. 

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 3/8/11 7:15 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ida,
I hope you are able to get some relief from the cysts.  I had them ages ago, and was miserable with them. 

Enjoy your time with Gene...that is precious I know.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/9/11 4:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish;

I have to repeat the ultra sound begining of April.  Doc was feeling around and found the cyst, OMG the pain - I about hit the ceiling. 

He gave me a script for blood work to look for the Ovarian Cancer Gene.  He wants to see if I have that marker with so much cancer on the maternal side of my family.  There is no ovarian but he said there is so much he wants to check it and if it's there will change treatment plan.

He was talking about putting me on birth control then said no we can't do that you are septible to blood clots we do not want a re-run of that.

So came home talked to Gene about our plan for treatment with this for now.  And I have an appt. to see doc in June unless he wants to see me sooner based on the test reports he receives.

Hugs,
Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 3/8/11 7:11 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Laureen,
I am up early due to falling asleep earlier than normal last night.  I slept well last night, for which I am grateful.

Today has me taking Mom to the Salvation Army for some thrift shopping.  She is a bargain addict.  I want to look for some clothes for the Munchkins, which I love to do.  Then, I want to go next door to Mealeys and buy a mattress and box spring.  They have a sale, and I think if I invest in a new one, I might sleep better.  I slept like a baby in Florida on a pillow top mattress, so I am hoping my self-diagnosis is right.  I got my tax refund, so I am going to treat myself.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Liz R.
on 3/8/11 7:47 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All! 

Thanks for checking in Laureen! We miss you!

I am here at work plugging away already. I like to get a lot done before 7am when the troops start showing up. Right now it is just me  and the shop guys. The boss and the office start showing up between 7-8. No real plans today, just the usual. Working, home to hang out with Mia, dinner, bath, bed!
Lisa H.
on 3/8/11 8:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
Hey Laureen.. it was great seeing you at Barix on Saturday.

normal fun day for me

working and finishing up the laundry I started yesterday

Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring tonight and then a med check with her psychiatrist.  Depending on timing, I am going to try to get to the gym at least for some cardio when we leave there.

Therapy went pretty well last night.  We discussed what has been going on and Monica figures this is her trying to fit in with someone/anyone.  This guy is giving her attention and showing her he cares about her, whether it is real or not.  We explained to Siehara that we don't really know who he is and he could be anyone posing as a nice kid trying to get her attention.   We went over the dangers and discussed possible ways for her to find other friends besides the two in the complex.  I am going to look into maybe joining the YMCA instead of the gym  Maybe there, they will have classes she can participate in--both exercise and other things where she could meet new people who have something in common with her. I think it was a good, productive session and it gives Monica something to work with for the weeks to come.

My tracker

hers 

Decolady
on 3/8/11 9:18 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Good morning PA!

Well, I am posting two days in a row, what's going on??

Today is my 7 month surgeversary!  Down 116 lbs and I am feeling great.  I wouldn't have said so the first week, but now I am so glad I went through with this life-changing surgery.

While I am feeling great, hubby has been sick for weeks and today I am taking him to the ER for a chest xray and blood work.  His doctors have had him on every antibiotic known as well as prednesone and he is still coughing and tired.  Maybe the flu??  As soon as he gets up I am taking him.

Had dinner with my son last night, we discussed his ADD diagnosis.  The more I read about this condition the more concerned I get.  I hope we can find a safe way for him to treat it.  I am contacting his PCP today too.

For all my Christian buddies, I affirm the beginning of a meaningful and fulfilling Lenten season for you all.  I am participating in a Lenten class with my church that has reading to do every morning of Lent.  It is a New Thought church, the only thing we need to give up is negative thinking.  That is harder than it sounds!!

That's it for now, I will take a new pic sometime today and post it on my profile.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Peace,

Deb
Laureen S.
on 3/8/11 9:56 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Congrats on your success thusfar!  My flu consisted of a nasty cough that lasted almost a month, reminded me of bronchitis

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 3/8/11 9:23 pm
Good morning everyone! Nothing unusual today for me. Just working from home today, and will try to get to the gym (didn't make it there yesterday).

I am happy that those added pounds seem to be headed OFF. I have lost 5, and if I lose 3 more I will be happily back where I have been for the last several months. I've been much stricter with my eating and food choices - no rounding off the edges and it pays off.

Yesterday I was at Costco to pick up a prescription and got some of the Premier protein shakes. 30 gm. of protein, 2 gm. of sugar, packaged like the Atkins shakes. These work great for days I have a lot of time in the car, and the price wasn't bad so I am trying those. I still stick with a shake for breakfast every day to jump start the protein.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views