Tuesday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 3/7/11 1:29 pm - Perry, MI
Greetings PA Family,
I am up late, having trouble getting comfortable.  My back hurts again.  What else is new?

Tuesday should be an easy day for me.  I plan to get to my AA meeting, and then to the doctor for my B12 shot.  Afterward, I am heading to the gym for a swim, which I desperately need.

After that, I will do some tidying around here, and chill.

Have a good day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

shoutjoy
on 3/7/11 5:38 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi all,

I started volunteering at the hospital again.  I so enjoy that.  I need to keep active.  I spend too much time in my cozy chair.  I have three goals while I am here alone these two months: work on my courses, exercise and spend more time in prayer.  I am off to a pretty good start.  Will be taking a Zumba class on Wednesday at the Wellness Center. 

One thing I haven't started is repacking.  I need to start collecting boxes AGAIN.  Anyway, yesterday's sunshine was awesome.  Wi**** stayed around longer.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Patricia R.
on 3/8/11 1:59 am - Perry, MI
I love my cozy chair as well, and it is easy to just forget about life outside my apartment.  Your goals are excellent for while you are still in PA.  I do hope you will stay in touch when you move.  If you do not have a drinking problem, the liquor stores have excellent free boxes that are a good size for a variety of things.  They are sturdy, and helped me when I moved.  I just can't go get them anymore because of my drinking problem.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 3/8/11 2:14 am
I always like banana boxes for moving. They have handles and lids!
lynnc99
on 3/7/11 5:52 pm
I woke up and my brain started in on work stuff at 2 a.m. - so I got up at 3 and have been at the computer ever since.

Leave at about 7 for a meeting in Bucks County. Then back home to finish the work day.

Gym tonight!

Have a good one everybody!
IdaMae D.
on 3/7/11 7:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA;

My PP presentation went well last night.  We got our papers back that were written for last week, I somehow received an A on the paper cannot figure it out - I know it was in no way shape or form an A paper.  Some of the others in class were complaining that he ripped their papers apart go figure.

Today hopefully will be less stressful than yesterday.  Working and trying to complete a paper is just plain insanity especially at work.  It's done submitted and we'll see what my grade is next week when I receive my final paper back.

Work till 4, planning to get my arse out today for a walk.  Part of my problem at work now is when I go out for a walk everyone and their brother has to join me.  I do not like walking with others!!!!  My walking time is my private thoughts unwinding time.  So instead of telling them no I'd rather walk by myself I suffer through the walk and then stop walking altogether to avoid others joining me.  After work I am stopping at curves.  I have to get back into working out.  No exercise since starting grad school in September is beginning to creep up on me, so I have to start back now!

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Cherish F.
on 3/8/11 12:07 am - Philadelphia, PA

Ida -
I hear you. I don't like walking with others either. It messes up my pace.

I either have to speed up to keep an uncomfortable pace. Or slow down to try to hold a conversation, that frankly, I don’t want to be having. When I walk (outside or at the gym) I like to zone out on music or books on my I pod.

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Patricia R.
on 3/8/11 2:01 am - Perry, MI
Congrats on the A, and good job on the power point presentation.  I knonw what you mean about walking with people.  There are times when I am in the mood for that, and other times when I prefer to use that time for prayer and meditation.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 3/7/11 8:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
Well hello there Trish.. glad you have an easy day ahead.  Hopefully, both the B12 and the swim will give you some energy.

Today has me working and doing laundry throughout the day.  Siehara started to clean out her closet during her in her room punishment time and low and behold, out came at least 1/2 a basket of clothes.  We don't know if they are clean or dirty, so I have to assume dirty so they can be cleaned and put away when she gets home tonight.  

Tonight is family therapy session for her.  We will be talking about the texting and downright disobedience.  Right now her punishment is no electronics of any kind, cleaning her room inside and out and top to bottom, and being IN her room with only homework or a book for 1 month.  She took the punishment much better than she would have in the past.  She had a very short lived temper tantrum and then calmed down and started cleaning.  I let her know how happy I was with how she handled it later on when we were in the car going to my meeting. 

Speaking of my meeting, there were 3 other people there last night, all of whom I consider to be prominent decision makers on the board.  I let them know that I would NOT be continuing onto another term as president after my term is up in June.  They were not surprised and it actually led to a discussion about the future of the group.  The attendance at functions has been very poor and half the board does not even show up for many things.  We are going to put something in the next synagogue bulletin to see IF there is any interest from other congregants and if not (like we assume), we will shut down the sisterhood at least temporarily.  Nobody was really upset by this.

After Siehara's appointment, we may be meeting a fellow OH'er from NY at a restaurant in Bethlehem.  She has been on a road trip up and down the east coast and is headed home tomorrow.  She is supposed to be passing through Bethlehem so we are going to meet her and a couple other people for dinner.  It will be fun.  I met her in person in Houston and she is a bundle of fun!!

Other than that, if I don't go to dinner, I'll go to pilates.  Then, home for an early night. 

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 3/8/11 2:19 am
Lisa, just want to offer a word of support for how you are handling the situation with Siehara. And it sounds like she is making some good progress - to accept her consequences the way she did. Best of luck with the appointments!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views