Moseying Monday roll Call

swedeville1
on 3/6/11 10:03 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thats good advice!  Seriously! 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 3/6/11 11:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Swede - not always easy to follow through on, but at least it is in my head!  (And it seems easier with Emily than with Molly....go figure!)
steffihope
on 3/6/11 9:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Ida!  Glad that now I actually know where your house is I will be able to see some progress.......Yup - I am THAT kind of stalker! :)

I am sitting at work trying to remain calm.  Meeting with the principal at 9:30.  I am dressed and have to decide if I can keep, "***** Steffi" out of the meeting.  I am trying hard to practice deep breathing and remember that in THIS situation, he is right.......not a good place for me.  I did, however, have a nice weekend.  Larry was around most of the weekend and we got to spend time with old friends and some new ones as well.  A few interesting wow moments happened on Saturday morning and Saturday night!  We were at a Bat Mitzvah of the daughter of my childhood friend and I hadn't seen her extended family in quite some time.  As we all know, my surgery is no secret and many of her family have weight issues, some under control, some not.  So I walked into temple and started to give hugs and whatnot - and forgot that people hadn't seen me, so I received a few, "Who the hell was THAT?" looks.  Took me a few moments to realize and then I opened my mouth to say HI, and as always, just hearing my raspy voice, people then know who  I am.  It was wonderful and unexpected.  They were kvelling and couldn't get enough of it.  Then Saturday night I wore a VERY fun black and tan dress that showed just enough cleavage to still be considered classy and NOT .....well....NOT classy.  An old friend of mine who I have seen often kept joking saying, "WOW!  I really love your....um....necklace!!!!"  So funny! :)  I actually felt pretty Saturday night and that just helped the situation!

So anyway - enough of that.  I am at school, meeting with the principal, giving a test, going swimming again this afternoon - made it back to my mile on Thursday! - Then tonight is the dance routine.  Only a few more weeks of that for the season.  Then I get my Monday nights back!

Have a nice Monday all! :)
Nicole0216
on 3/6/11 10:59 pm - Lancaster, PA
Steffi I know all too well. But I find it makes it easier when I can accept that they are right. No arguments are then needed you just humbly say, you are right and I will do better. Good Luck
steffihope
on 3/6/11 11:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I did - it is all over.  He is  the boss and it is my job requirement to do.  So that is it.  He agreed to leave the memo in the building so long as I don't screw up again.  It will not go downtown to my main file.  So - you all now need to make sure that my plans are done by Thursdays at 3!  (HA HA HA!  Now I shifted the responsibility on to you all.....!)
(deactivated member)
on 3/6/11 10:13 pm
Good Morning Sunshines,

Here in work after a pretty decent weekend but not feeling 100% been having headaches all weekend and they are taking me down for the count. 

This being a grown up is a pretty cool concept no secret Dennis & I live a pretty busy social life but we get worn down we keep saying we will slow down and seems we don't we get busier but twice this weekend I opted out of invites and plans to just stay home and relax. Look I lived to show it can work.  We took a raincheck on one invite the second was to go see our favorite band cause I miss them.

Today I have to get nails done and will get things together for our Vegas trip so I can relax on Wednesday night before hand so I don't rush and over pack like normal. Plus want to straighten up the kitchen table and dining room table they seem like such clutter magnets.

If I still feel blah I am leaving here early and gonna get a jump on my to do list then go home and relax.

Life is Good.

swedeville1
on 3/6/11 10:33 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
So I had a much to adventurous morning already.  I got a late start like normal and I knew I had to stop and get gas this morning.  I go out to my car and find that all my doors are frozen shut and the key hole on nte drivers side was frozen as well.  Luckely I got the passenger side unlocked and one of the back door pried open.  Once inside I was able to push the driver door open.  The car started hard and wasnt running very good.  I got about a 1/2 mile from home and the car shut off.  I decided that I better go to the more expensive gas station in town instead of trying to make it to the cheaper one in the "city."  I made it to the light in front of the gas station and it shut off again in the middle of the intersection.  Finally got it started again and pulled into the gas station.  I had to pry the gas cap open because it was frozen as well.   I turned the car off and got the gas (pumped by the owner).  Guess what?  The car wouldnt start again, so the owner an I pushed it out of the way and he said I shoul let it sit and let the new gas work at unthawing the gas line.  "Come in and have a coffee" he said...so I did.  I went to pay for it and he said the coffee was on him.  I thought that was very nice!  So I waited about ten minutes and the owner and I went out to see what would happen.  He said a little arabic prayer "Inshallah your car will start, and I said Inshalla indeed!  Moment of truth......YES it started.  I shook his hand and said a big thanks for the help and was on my way.  Hopefully the rest of my day is less exciting.

BTW, I wanted to let everyone know that Jen and I have started the P90X work out program.  I gotta tell you it is a work out and a half!  We are 1 week into it and I am finding muscles I havent worked in a long time.  The sessions are between an hour and an hour and a half.  Its been nice doing this with Jen as we seem to be motivating each other. I will keep you all updated on our progress.  Wish us luck.

Swede 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 3/7/11 1:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
hmmmm......You have muscles you didn't know about??!!  Weird - I wonder which ones they are?!?! 
pennykid
on 3/7/11 2:46 am - PA

Hey all!!

Happy Monday!  Yeah, right!  I'm not feelin' it! lol

I'm at work, doing nothing.  I had work all morning: spent half the morning doing my actual work, and the other half of the morning fixing mistakes from being given the wrong information.  It's happened before, and it's frustrating.  I like working here, but I'm bored.  My former supervisor has started working on a project similar to what we were doing before, and she said they may be doing some hiring.  Can't hurt to put my name in.  But first I have to bite the bullet and do something I detest---completely re-do my resume.

Paul and I went out for a walk on Saturday, and I got on the treadmill yesterday.  A coworker and I are going to go for a walk in a few minutes, I think.  I need to get my butt in gear---my pants are feeling a wee bit snug.  Need to get this in hand before they get downright tight and I need to replace them.

Have a great day, all!!!

Julia              
Patricia R.
on 3/7/11 6:11 am - Perry, MI
Good Evening Ida,
I am finally home and resting, after a very long, exhausting day.  I was up and out the door by 6:00 a.m, driving a friend from AA to University of Pennsylvania Hospital for a CT scan of her lungs.  She is a lung cancer survivor and has been having some symptoms that have concerned her.  After the scan, she had an appointment with her pulmonologist, and I fell asleep in the waiting room while she was with the doc.  He wants to run further tests, but told her she also needs to lose some weight.  We both belong to LA Fitness, so I talked her into meeting me there two nights a week, after she gets done work, as well as one weekend morning as well.  She likes to swim, as do I, and ride the bike, which I also like.  Eventually, we will get to the weight resistance machines. 

Then, I had to get bloodwork done, and pick up a TV I ordered from Best Buy online.  I managed to get it upstairs in my apartment, and now must get it hooked up, which I hate, but will do later on.  One monster at a time.  Right now, I am chilling, and relaxing.

If I have any energy left, I will head out to an AA meeting this evening.  Mom is in town, but I am not in the mood for her tonight.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views