Moseying Monday roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 3/6/11 7:13 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

We met with the kitchen/bath designer yesterday, OH MY....I love what she's suggested for the kitchen!!!!  It means totally flipping the kitchen to the other end of the room closing up a wall and opening a different area of the same wall, I really love it.  The master bath she's fit in my claw foot tub so I'm really happy with that, now we are playing with more closet space for me, my clothes, and my shoes!!!!

I did not complete my paper yesterday, will finish that up today in work.  Not one of my best papers but it's not one of my worst either.

Working till 4 today, then class till 10, home to fall into bed after that.

Hope everyone has an awesome day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 3/6/11 8:13 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

The kitchen plans sound so exciting!! I am SO jealous!!!

Today is Monday already?? Nice weekend with great support at Barix! Time with Siehara and Lisa yesterday which was nice!!

Wor****il 3:45, faculty meeting(BOO), then going to the chiropractor (i think). Home to make dinner, do homework with Dee, then relax....

Have a great day even though it is Monday....

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Maura M.
on 3/6/11 8:21 pm - Yardley, PA
Good Morning Ida & PA,

Sounds like some great renovations are planned!  Hoping all works out perfectly.  Am off to work in a few minutes - got in a good nap yesterday and am feeling refreshed this morning.  Am ready for the week and it is going to be a busy one! 

Have to travel again next week - to SLC - ugh..which means I will miss yet another support group meeting.. grrr looks like the April meeting would be the next one and I am supposed to be in Atlantic City.... 

Not much to report on this front...  am maintaining within 2 lbs, but I can really see how easy it is to get lazy and complacent - need to not let the "I can eat a little more now that I am in maintenance mode" mentality creep in.  Has anyone found an "I love excercise pill"?  If so, where can I get a prescription?

Have a great day PA!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Nicole0216
on 3/6/11 8:21 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi Ida sounds devine what you are doing with the kitchen.

Good Morning PA. I am at work today, will be emailing my letter of response to my review should be a interesting day. But I have the support of my immediate supervisor that is always good.
was not prepared for the snow and such I had on my car this am so I was a few mins late not too bad. I am trying to get back on track again, seems like I have a couple weeks where I do well, then BD parties etc happen and I turn into the carb monster again. No time like the present.
I am narrowing down the zipline to April 10th. Let me know if you are interested so i can get a head count and see how they want to do the reservation.

I am also looking at the flying circus school they will have in Philly From March to May, will be scheduling that soon as well.  As long as I am under the weight limit gonna go for it. Life is too short to not try new things.

Nic
lynnc99
on 3/6/11 8:21 pm
Got home Saturday and spent much of Sunday just chilling and being in my own house!

Today I work, and take the dog for her follow up on her eye surgery. She still seems to have some irritation which concerns me.

To top it off I have the edge of a UTI infection (TMI sorry) so probably need to get to the dr. for that. If I do go, I won't have time to go to the gym - not happy about that. Maybe just maybe I can fend it off with a lot of water....

Happy Monday everyone. Stay warm! We have a skimming of new snow out there.
Liz R.
on 3/6/11 8:54 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all -what a weekend! We didn't leave the house but got a lot accomplished!

Chris has decided that he wants to do the south beach diet and that yours truly is his diet buddy... So today is day 3 of no carbs! It's tough but I am getting through!

Today has me working until 3:30 - 4 tyhen headed off to Mom's to hang with her and Amelia for the evening.
Lisa H.
on 3/6/11 10:59 pm - Whitehall, PA
glad you can help him out.. our diet is essentially no carb anyway, so it should be a great kick start for you, as well.  Chris is bound to succeed with such a great chef and motivator in the house with him. 

You're both going to do great!! My dad and step mom did really well on South Beach.

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 3/6/11 9:06 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ida, you must post pictures when this new kitchen and bath are done!! I'd love to see them.

I'm at work - physically - not so sure about mentally! We had a very busy weekend with friends - house cleaning - groceries - lots going on. Back at work today.

My brother-in-law is flying in tonight from Florida - a good friend of his passed away last week so he's coming up for the services - I'll pick him up at the airport tonight and he'll be staying with us for a few days. Wish my sister could have come along but we'll be seeing them soon - they're driving up in April for a week.

I've been thinking about my oldest granddaughters' high school graduation - she doesn't want me coming out to Seattle because she's graduating from an alternative school and said they won't have a big ceremony - probably not even cap and gown, which is sad because that is such a milestone, but I graduated early and didn't go thru the cap & gown thing either - I survived. Anyway, I was just going to fly her back here to spend some time with me but now I think I'll fly both of us into Daytona - she's never been there and I think she'd love spending some time down there. I have timeshare that I haven't used so I think I'm going to rent us a condo on the beach - how cool would that be? My sister lives close enough that she can pick us up or I can use her truck to get around. So I need to start working on that - I'll be talking to my daughter today to get dates and everything, but I'm pretty excited about it. We could stay with my sister but I think it would be fun to have our own 'place' down there right on the beach.

Stay warm out there today - it's a blustery day!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 3/6/11 9:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
Ida.. glad you love the kitchen design.  As far as the claw foot tub, yes they are nice and I can appreciate them now.  BUT, growing up my only option for cleansing myself was a clawfoot tub.  We did NOT have a shower.  I HATED our clawfoot tub growing up.  I HATED that it took forever to get clean and that I couldn't just rinse off.  I just wanted to take a shower like the rest of the world.  Anyway, I do appreciate the beauty now and hope you enjoy it..

Anyway, woke up in the middle of the night to potty... checked on Siehara and saw a little light coming from her bed.. found her cell phone there.. somehow when I was trying to straighten out her bill, they managed to reinstate texting on her phone.. guess who she was texting?!?! YUP the kid in Florida.. WTF?!? really!??!  I will be on the phone with AT&T in a few minutes to find out how the hell she got texting back and spending the day trying to calm down and figure out how to punish her besides just taking the phone away.  REALLY!?!? What is it going to take for her to GET IT?! 

So today will be spent working and trying to calm down.  When Siehara gets home she will be in her room cleaning it top to bottom.  Later on, I will head to Zumba and then to Wegman's for a Sisterhood meeting where hopefully people will show.  Siehara will have dinner there and will then sit upstairs with us bored out of her mind.. there will be no wandering around the store.. boredom and schoolwork.. that's it. 

Nothing else going on today.  Hope everyone has a more enjoyable day than mine will be.

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 3/6/11 9:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Wow!  I wish I had words of wisdom.  It is going to get ugly there today isn't it?  Maybe she should start sleeping in your room.  LOL!!!!  Is this REALLY a kid in FL?  In any event, is there a way to block that number that if this should happen again she would NOT be able to get through?  One of the things that I learned so far in the parenting class that I am taking is to be as calm as possible - not to let our kids know that we are sooooo upset with them, at that point, they just think we are crazy and don't hear a word we say anyway.  It is called being dispassionate.  Not an easy thing to do - but trying to say one sentence, "You broke the rule, here is the consequence" and then saying NOTHING else!  It is a hard hard practice - but then they will have to be in their own heads and NOT think about how crazy they thing WE are.  Just a thought.  I love you! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views