Saturday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 3/4/11 4:37 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I could not think of an appropriate S word for today, as it is the middle of the night, and I can't sleep.  My back is killing me lately, and it does not help that the dog takes his half out of my side of the bed.  He is not a big dog, but when he is asleep, he is heavy none-the-less.

Saturday has me heading to North Jersey for my therapy session.  This poor therapist has been working with me since 1989, and I am not changing therapists for a ton of reasons.  Even after my insurance changed, and he is not in the network, he is willing to work with me for a discount.

After therapy, I am coming home to tidy up my apartment, and then head to my nephew's new apartment for dinner and a Scrabble game with Mom.  Root canal without anasthesia is less painful sometimes, but I don't want any regrets when she goes onto glory.  Mom lays on the guilt well sometimes.  When she doesn't, my sister takes up the cause.  Mom loves to play Scrabble, and though her mind is slipping at times, she is 84 after all, she is pretty good at the game. 

Sometime today, I would like to finish the hat I am making my grandson.  I am working with a pattern, but not using the gauge, so I have to wing it on the size.  I want to finish this thing before winter is done.  I made a pink hat for Isabel, and she loves it.  I have ripped out rows several times because it is not sizing right.  The beauty of crochet is that ripping out stitches is not as bad as knitting. 

Well, I have babbled enough.  I hope everyone is able to enjoy some of what is supposed to be nice weather.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

shoutjoy
on 3/4/11 6:31 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hello PA!

I am spending today sending my hubby off to NC.  Then I am going to help a friend move.  I want to accomplish three things over the next two months while I am waiting for the miracle move package so I can join him. I want to spend a lot of time in the prayer room, make a good dent in my courses and exercise.  All three of these will take some effort but I feel I need to do these so that when the big move comes,  will be less stressed and ready to roll.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

lauraanne715
on 3/4/11 7:15 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning PA and Trish!!

Trish--Sorry to hear you are having back pain...I hope you find relief and are able to sleep better. (((HUGS)))

As for me today I have to go get some pregnancy lab work done early this a.m, then heading over to Wal-Mart to pick up some necessities and then may head over to Target and check out some clearance maternity clothes...I think because I was so small to begin with after losing all the weight my baby bump is already noticeable so just gonna check some things out (new bras are def in order now! My boobs are officially huge!! LOL)

Then home to rearrange the Living Room with hubby because he has made and fabricated a beautiful wrought iron aquarium stand for his turtle and we need to figure out where we are going to put it since it is much larger than the lil stand we have in there now. This has been a project of his for weeks now and I am really happy with how beautiful the stand came out --it looks like a piece of art.  So we will be reorganizing the living room to fit it in place.

Then of course the usual suspects of the weekend errand/chore list laundry and dishes, gotta clean the kitchen, and since it is supposed to be nice I want to get outside and straighten up the porch and wipe the table and chairs down.

And of course in the midst of all this I have a TON of papers to grade--I have fallen behind because I have been falling asleep so early during the week and reports are due in the next two weeks...ahhh! I'll get it done...but I'll probablly nap several times throughout the day. :-)

Well that is it for me and I love that I can have some quiet time here at the crack of dawn to catch up on the boards and check in...the workweek is sooo chaotic and draining lately..hope things improve through my second trimester! Have a sensational sunny superb Saturday everyone!!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

pennykid
on 3/4/11 10:10 pm - PA
Laura---I haven't been on the board much lately, so this is the first I heard of your news!   Congratulations!!!!!!!  
Julia              
bvohl
on 3/4/11 9:39 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!

I ran out of sleep around 6:45, so I watched some TV, then Dee came in around 7:30. We snuggled for a bit and now she is taking a bath.

Today, Dee is going to play with her friend next door while I go to Barix for some much needed support! The last week has really been hard and seeing friendly faces is just what I need!! After the meeting I will come back home and straighten up a bit and maybe take a nap! Siehara is staying over tonight so it should be fun!!

That is all for me! Enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weather! Tomorrow it is supposed to rain :-(

Love to all!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 3/4/11 9:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone. It was beautiful outside around 8 so I went for a nice long walk with the dog. He loved it - I loves it - felt great.

Today is laundry and some cleaning. Tonight dinner and dominoes with our friends across the driveway. Tomorrow we're heading north to Yardley to visit other friends. Busy FUN weekend.

Talked to my younger sister last night and she and hubby are starting to look into moving to Florida too so it appears we'll all end up down there within the next couple of years!! I know my parents are smiling down on us and sending their blessings.

Will miss everyone at the Barix meeting - enjoy.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
pennykid
on 3/4/11 10:15 pm - PA
Good morning folks!

I slept in today.  Got up at 8, which is late for me---I'm usually up by 6, no matter what day of the week it is.  Even managed to ignore the obnoxious kitty who tried to wake us for 2 hours.  lol

Not sure what's on the agenda for today.  I want to go out for a walk at some point.  I need to get my butt moving again, and this seems like a good day to get outside.  I wanted to try to get to Barix for the meeting, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. 

One thing I need to do today is try on some clothes.  A friend hit a thrift shop sale yesterday and got me a bunch of pants for 50 cents/each, so I need to go through them.  She even got me a beautiful dress suit for 50 cents!  Love those prices!

Have a great day, all!!
Julia              
IdaMae D.
on 3/4/11 10:57 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish:

I hope you find relief with your back pain.  I can empathize with you as my oldest daughter has severe back pain.  Tons of narcotics, we can't find a neurosurgeon that will operate on her because she is considered too young.  She wants to have a baby and can't because of the drug - what a catch 22 we have, it sucks.

Utly and our Hider must be related, for such little animals they sure do take up a lot of room on the bed and don't move

I've just saw Gene off to work.  My day is one of writing papers and putting a power point together.  I have a presenation on Monday and my last paper is also due on Monday.  I arranged to do my presentation this week so that next weekend I have a completely free weekend - imagine that.  It will probably rain all next weekend since I'll be able to actually get outside and work in the yard.  I'd love to be out in the yard today or taking a walk but that is just not in the cards for me today.

Yesterday the crew framed the addition, there are joices/rafters and the wall is framed up in the basement portion of the addition.  It was soo cool actually being able to see this take shape yesterday. 

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the kitchen/bath designer, she is coming by to show us some of her ideas so we can begin working from that.  I need to see something concrete then can work back from it.  Apparently designing a kitchen and bath is not the same as designing clothing.  I can see the clothing in my mind, draw it, cut it out, then sew it.  The kitchen and bath I can't seem to see which would enable me the abiiltiy to draw, if I could have done that we'd have been able to skip the designer unfortunatly I couldn't.  I can envision the master bath w/clawfoot tub, just not how to lay out so that we make the best use of the space.  It's nice to see the framing as well.  When it was just a huge concrete and block hole in the back yard I could not picture anything in it.  Now I'm able to see and have already started doing drawings for the library of how I'd like that to look.  I am planning to make all the curtains and window treatments once the house is finished.

Enough of my ramblings.

Hope everyone enjoys this day.  I will enjoy it by looking out into my yard from my windows.

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views