Eating Pure 3 days

lynnc99
on 3/3/11 3:57 am
Following up on my somewhat panicky post of a few days ago....

For almost 4 days I have been back on my "pure" post op eating plan. Here is what I have learned.

This still works. This morning's breakfast was 3 hard boiled egg whites (I don't like yolks). I was stuffed after the 3rd one.

I DO lose weight when I eat proerly. I have lost 3 of the 7 lbs. recently gained.

There is a good "feeling" that goes with eating the right way. For me, my whole abdomen/midsection seems to get smaller and I can feel my ribs better. This is the way I felt at my peak rate of losing weight. Maybe the other thing happening is that some of the "carby" puffiness goes away....but I swear, the ever present muffin top is less pronounced.

I don't need a ton of food to get through the day. Just because I CAN eat more doesn't mean that I SHOULD eat more.

So it continues! I do hope that if anyone out there is standing at the brink of a "little" weight gain, you can benefit from my experience. I do know that sharpening things up with a 7 lb. gain is far far easier than with more.
Nicole0216
on 3/3/11 6:03 am - Lancaster, PA
AMEN SISTA a different kind of wow moment
lynnc99
on 3/3/11 8:40 am
Never thought of it that way but....yeah!
Lisa0719
on 3/3/11 6:33 am - PA
"LIKE"

I have been doing much better too.  Protein drinks for breakfast.  Lunch today was shrimp and a red pepper . . .  plus I used the treadmill 3 days in a row.  Thanks for the wake up call.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

lynnc99
on 3/3/11 8:36 am
Lisa, I think just putting my fears and concerns into words helps, and realizing others deal with similar challenges. When we have surgery, I think we all have that fear of regain. When it starts to creep up....it's absolutely terrifying. I am so grateful to have this place where people get it!
Lisa H.
on 3/3/11 10:18 am - Whitehall, PA
Glad it's working out Lynn..  I have to get my head back in the game and do the same thing.

My tracker

hers 

jastypes
on 3/3/11 9:44 pm - Croydon, PA
Weight gain doesn't freak me out the way it does for some people.  What freaks me out is the return to obsessive/compulsive thinking and eating that I've experienced.  I am on Day 5 of Sane Eating, and I agree with you that it still works!  I am honestly never hungry.   There really is a good feeling that goes with eating right.  I don't feel bloated and uncomfortable after drinking a protein shake or eating a low-carb meal.  When I eat on my plan, I am free from guilt, shame and remorse.  Exercise makes me smile.

I gotta tell you, though, sometimes I wish they HAD operated on my brain instead of my stomach!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

liz52408
on 3/9/11 11:51 pm
What do you mean by pure eating?  no carbs or processed foods?  I really need to get back on track, the whole carb thing is soo addicting and like I cant stop!!  I just need to clear it out of the house and start clean!!  I havent gained anything (yet) but I am not losing any either!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views