Come one...Come all...Thursday roll call

Maura M.
on 3/2/11 11:19 am - Yardley, PA
Heeeellllooooo PA!

I have been very bad at posting lately - have been missing, but hopefully not forgotten!  Have been reading and catching up a bit tonight.  Very, very busy lately - burning the candle at both ends and have been running the roads like crazy. 

Life is good, no complaints - am happy to say that.

Have a great day PA!!

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Patricia R.
on 3/2/11 1:25 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Maura,
I am up later than usual tonight.  I have been doing the job search for part time work using my social work training, because I could use the extra money, and it would keep me off the street and out of trouble, if you know what I mean.

I did not get to the gym on Wednesday, as I had a killer headache most of the day.  So, Thursday has me hitting the pool for some cardio.  I also will make my AA meeting in the morning, and then in the evening, I will get to my Bible study.  Somewhere in between, I must make a casserole for a family at church.

Hope you are all well.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 3/2/11 7:53 pm - Whitehall, PA
Do I know you? You look familiar.. kinda remind me of Carol Burnett..   Good to see you lady and glad things are going well...

Ok, I'm going to map out my day in schedule form otherwise you won't get it all (I know you care) AND it will remind me of every stinking thing I have to do today.

work 7-11
nap--I'm gonna need it, you'll see why

2:15 pick Siehara up from school
2:45 Siehara's orthodontist appt-getting fitted for retainer
4:15 hebrew school
5:00 I am watching the Caine children so David can work on some techy thing at the synagogue; I'll eat at their house and steal something for Siehara for dinner
6:00 pick Siehara up from Hebrew School (let her eat in the car..healthy, I know)
6:30 have Siehara to the high school for band concert
7:00 band concert
9:30??? pass out in bed

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 3/2/11 8:22 pm - Easton, PA
Well we get stuck in these "Ruts" at work and this week and last have been horrible. TOday is shaping up to be much of the same. I was in early at 6:15 and thank god because there were tons of issues to be addressed. Boss seems crabby, and that is never a good thing.

Well off to trudge through until 3:30... *sigh*
dit657
on 3/2/11 9:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Good morning all - thanks to everyone who posted on my good news post - I am definitiely doing the happy dance about no surgery!! The PT will also re-teach me how to walk - like a 'normal' person - sounds strange, but its true. Anyway, no surgery on the horizon for me and that's a good thing.

So has anyone seen news about Aretha Franklin? She's dropping weight like crazy but refuses to tell how - come on, Aretha - fess up and be up front about your weight loss! We all know she's had some kind of WLS, same as Starr Jones - what is with the celebs that they won't admit it? I wish her all the best because I know her health was really failing and I hope this helps her, but it makes me sad that she won't say how she's losing the weight.

On another note I had a call from a friend of mine yesterday *****cently retired from teaching - she called to tell me she won $100,000 on a scratch off PA lottery ticket! Nobody I know personally has ever won that kind of money so I was very happy for her!

As for me it's another day at work (sorry for rambling  this morning) - tonight dinner and work-out - have to call today and get my PT appts scheduled and started.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 3/2/11 9:25 pm
Woke up very early this morning but went back to bed....had a tiny edge of a headache, but that has cleared up now.

Once again, cramming as much work as possible in early in the day to free up part of the afternoon for the grandchildren. We may go to the beach again, and let the girls pick up some shells to take home. Ava (age 5) has had a bit of the sniffles so it kind of depends how she is. The pool is much easier than the beach (no lugging stuff required, no sand to clean up) but the girls LOVE the beach.

Tomorrow Sarah and the kids head home....we have had 2 wonderful weeks together. The best part has been giving Sarah some help and a bit of a break. Her big solo "outings" have been to Whole Foods and the nail salon, but it's  the break from Michigan winter that has been great for her, and not having to do meals, etc. Packing up? Now THAT will be a challenge! There is kid stuff all over the house!

Wishing all of you a great Thursday. I think tomorrow's Friday!
steffihope
on 3/2/11 9:50 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning friend - I so miss you!  I can't beleive I havent' even had time to call or text you either....crazy life we all live!

Already have had a morning from hell whi*****luded crying to a friend on the phone this morning at my frustration with Larry - of course, as I said it, which I might tell you all later, made me sound completely ridiculous....but, hey....that is why I am so loved right?!?! :)  I am in school, trying to pull myself together to get ready for the day - these kids deserve a functional teacher who is not all over the place, oh...did I mention that I am out of my meds - have been for a week - do you think THAT explains my crazy emotional crap?!?! (Calling the doctor today - going to have the script called in immediately!)  I will be all fine after my first dose right?!?! :)

After school, I am headed to the pool, I went yesterday and the kids were pissed.  They wanted me home and I told them in no way was I going to miss the pool.  So today, Emily gave me a hard time when I told her I was going to the pool again.  This is crazy - this is why it is so challenging for me to get the exercise in.  I already don't want to exercise and then the guilt that the kids throw at me makes me want to give in.....I am struggling with this!  I AM going to the pool today and will deal with the guilt, however, it is in my head.

This afernoon, after the pool, I am coming home to shower, hang out with the kids for a little and then Larry and I have a date.  I know the kids are NOT pleased, but we have had these plans with two other couples for a while and I am really looking forward to it.  I already told Emily that she and I could have a date tomorrow night.  So it looks like dinner and some shopping are on the agenda for tomorrow.  Guess I will have to find THAT energy somewhere.

I am actually looking forward to NOTHING planned after Hebrew School on Sunday.  (Saturday is a Bat Mitzvah.....)

Happy Thursday Y'all!
bvohl
on 3/2/11 10:45 pm
Steffi,

HUGS!!!!!!!

It is crappy when you have to motivate yourself to get to exercise and then your kids guilt you about it!! Just remind them it is to keep you healthy so that you can be around for them for many years to come! Get those meds, ok?? Call or text me if you need to....

MWAH!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 3/2/11 10:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I am - I will be making that call at 11 this morning during my prep.  Have to make that appointment too.  I HATE when I feel so out of whack.
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/11 10:20 pm
Good Morning All, 

Maura I would never ever forget you! 

I think that I am starting to see some light in the dark soace I have been in the last oh say month+. There was some major headway last night in which the door opened or should I say my mouth opened. It felt good to talk things through with my best friend. Afterwards we went out to a nice Mexican dinner. Came home we curled up together onteh sofa to watch Survivior then American Idol.

Today had me overskeep for the gym cause the alram did not go off so I woke uo when I was suppose to be at the gym. I took it as a sign my body needed the rest but it was good cause I talked to a friend for awhile then got dressed came to work. Just hit me I forgot Dennis' pants to take to the cleaner whoops I will bring them tomorrow. After work tonight plan is to make dinner then veg out with Den.

Almost time for vacation! 

Life is good! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views