Where is everybody Wednesday????

lynnc99
on 3/1/11 8:19 pm
What? I am starting Roll Call?

I had a great evening last night - went to a lecture by Dr. Christiane Northrup on the Healing Power of Joy. What a great time and insightful talk. Came home all energized and didn't fall asleep till after midnight.

Today I am into my FL routine: work, workout, play with kids. It is supposed to be a bit rainy today so we may venture out to a mall I haven't visited yet.

Sarah needs to pack up some of the kids' things to ship home to MIchigan. It's cheaper and easier to ship a big box ahead than to check luggage (especially with 3 kids under age 5 and a stroller). So we will do that.

I am with Trish - this FL living could become a habit. I have been (for once, regardless of where I am) amazingly productive in my working hours down here and am thankful that I can set my own hours while the kids are here. That love/hate thing with my job lives on.

Have a good day everyone!
Nicole0216
on 3/1/11 8:36 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am at work today, keeping my head down, and doing my work. I have clients this evening and will be out late so I need to make sure everything I need for Thursday is already taken care of before, i head out tonight. Gonna be a long day. Hope you all have a good one, continuing to try and turn things around on this end in many ways.
pennykid
on 3/1/11 8:49 pm - PA
GM, all!!!

Lynn---I agree with that FL living!!!  I could easily do it!  And just may someday!  We're talking about retiring to a beach, GA, or FL.  It will be interesting to see where we end up!

I'm getting ready to leave for work soon.  This is one of the days where I go in later and stay later in case we have a report that comes in late and has to be processed.  I prefer earlier hours, but I'm fine with this too.  Happy to have the job! 

Not much else happening.  Trying to get my head back to journaling my foods, working out, all that stuff I know I need to do.  Think I need to start back with baby steps.

Have a great day, my friends!!!
Julia              
pjmunicorn
on 3/1/11 9:11 pm - Allentown, PA
Today is the first time I am doing roll call. My name is Pamela. I had gastric bypass. Three years ago and I've lost 150 pounds. I still have 15 ago. My schedule for today is I am going to Emmaus to see my pain management Dr. and get my shots into my back. I have three slipped discs and arthritis in my tailbone. I am disabled because of all of the pain in my back, hips and arms so after my doctors appointment. I'm coming home and just laying in bed. Maybe catching up on my reading and my sleeping. I did not sleep that good last night. Pamela
steffihope
on 3/1/11 9:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to Roll Call Pamela - don't be a stranger!  Hope the pain gets under control and you get some sleep! :)
jastypes
on 3/1/11 9:54 pm - Croydon, PA
Welcome, Pamela!  I sincerely hope you are pain-free very soon.  Nothing exciting going on here.  I am at work.  My daughter's new boyfriend is coming over for dinner tonight and it is the first time I will meet him.  I'm trying to think up ways to embarrass her.  LOL. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Lisa H.
on 3/1/11 10:00 pm - Whitehall, PA
Hi Pamela.. welcome to the best board around.  We are a very loving and supportive bunch, although a bit crazy (in a good way) at times.  I live in Whitehall.  If you'd like to get together for coffee or a walk or something, I'd love to meet you.  We are neighbors!!

My tracker

hers 

pennykid
on 3/2/11 5:03 am - PA
Hi Pamela!      Stick around---this is a great board!!!  (Yeah, I have to take my own advice!  I haven't been on here much for a few months.  Making an effort to be here every day now.)  I hope your shots helped today and you get some relief!!!
Julia              
dit657
on 3/1/11 9:15 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - where in Florida are you Lynn? Hubby and I are definitely relocating down there in about a year and half - he'll be retiring but I'll continue to work. We'll be heading to the Daytona area - want to be close to a beach and my family. I felt so much better when we were down there on vacation - got out and walked EVERY DAY. I'm hoping I can find a job with less hours and a much shorter commute once we go. I'm even considering something 2nd shift so I can get up and work out in the morning (I'm much better at that).

I'm at work today - the orthopedic surgeon's office called yesterday and said he has openings today so I might call and see if I can reschedule for today - if not I see him next Wednesday to see what's going on with my knees. I'm pretty sure I'm facing revision on at least one, maybe both.

I do have to share an 'awww' moment with you guys - I have 5 step-daughters, 2 of which I'm very close to. One of them sent me a note on FB saying they wanted to add me to their family tree but there wasn't a 'step-mother' option, so what should she do. I told her 'Goddess or Queen' would work (LOL) but if they weren't options I would be honored if she would put me in as 'Mom' because while I know I'm not her real mom (she died 21 years ago) I feel very close to her. She wrote back and said she put me in as 'Mom' because she loves me and feels she can always come to me and talk to me about things and I won't be judgemental. Awwww...brought tears to my eyes!

And that's about it for me today - hope everyone is doing well...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 3/2/11 4:49 am
We bought a condo (coach house style) in Naples, in the far SW part of FL. Not much south of us but Marco Island and the Everglades. I LOVE it here!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views