My horrible, wonderful, sad day.

Cherish F.
on 3/2/11 9:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA

We need a like button. Archie Bunker made me crack up!

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

spirit56
on 3/2/11 8:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cherish,

So sorry to hear about your loss.  42 is much too young to lose anyone.  I read an obituary for a former classmate of mine yesterday and felt bad because he was only 54 - hitting a little too close to home for me.  Since we are Roxborough neighbors if you ever want to get a cup of coffee or just talk I would be happy to meet you at one of the many diners around here - just a thought.  Know that you and your family will be in my prayers.

Regarding your "coming out" party.  Try not to feel too guilty about the compliments.  I know that you would have preferred it to be a happier occasion but don't negate them - you deserve every one of them.  You took a very courageous step in choosing WLS and have been trying to utilize your tool as much as possible.  Take care of yourself and keep on crying those tears - it means that you are feeling your feelings and not "stuffing" them. 

Donna
Cherish F.
on 3/2/11 9:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Thank you Donna. Fortunately, I tend to not eat when I'm upset. I've had to really increase my protein shakes the past week to make sure I get enough in.

We should definitely get together for coffee one weekend.

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

IdaMae D.
on 3/2/11 10:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cherish;
Sending our condolences and holding your family up in our prayers.

Ida

IdaMae

Decolady
on 3/2/11 9:00 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Cherish, so sorry for your family's loss.  I agree with the other comments - focusing on you helped them deal with the grief.  Life goes on even in the midst of a tragedy.  I hope everyone in your family will be able to help each other heal.
HUGS

Deb

Lisa H.
on 3/2/11 11:52 pm - Whitehall, PA
Cherish, sorry it took so long to respond.

I'm so sorry for such a tragic unexpected loss.. I know it is hard for you. 

I went through a similar thing when my dad passed away.  There were MANY people who had not seen me since surgery and I got a LOT of attention related to my weight loss.  It was very strange, but totally helped me to deal with the day by thanking everyone and smiling at how far I've come.

You did a service to everyone by being there with your skinny ass .  

Hugs to you

My tracker

hers 

LindaScrip
on 3/3/11 2:53 am
Sorry for the loss of Michael.  What a shame.  I think the word I would apply in this case is "Bittersweet" My congrats for doing so well and condolence for the loss.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/4/11 2:56 am
Congrats on your success, regrets for your loss.  Your ahead of the game, I went to a family functon and not one relative said a word to me about my new body (this is after a 250# loss), the next time I saw them I mentioned that not one person said a word about my weight loss, did they think I wasn't me or did they not like it, or did they think this was temporary. I just needed some acknowledgment of some type.  Then my Aunt bursts out with "Are you kidding, we've told everyone about you, even the mailman".  So I said, why didn't you tell me.  They all said we didn't realize we hadn't told you how great you looked.  So be happy for the acknowledgment.  Sometimes people just don't say a word believe it or not.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views