Tired Tuesday Roll Call

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/11 10:52 pm
Good Morning All,

Did my workout  with the trainer this morning and now in work. I really thought about calling out today just to get my head on straight but since I had the gym appointment didn't bother.

Last night Den and I had gone out to dinner for our anniversary (yes we celebrate every month) He also sent me 2 dozen beautiful rainbow roses. Came home watched TV then we both fell asleep.

Tonight on the agenda is to clean up the house since it is a hot mess and make dinner. Then put away some laundry. Since Juanita has seemed to to go AWOL once again I guess we have to do our own house work. Then settle in for some TV then bed early tonight. 

9 days until vacation!  
kgoeller
on 2/28/11 11:58 pm - Doylestown, PA
Morning, folks.

It's a sucky day for me.  (let's see - 2 posts so far, both have used the word "sucky" in them... think there's a trend there?)   Last night, we lost our kitty Leo unexpectedly.  After I got home from my long day (gym 7 am, work 9 am, teaching 6 - 10 pm) I got my clothes ready for today and went back downstairs to pack my food for today.  The other cats were basically dancing and trying to get my attention to show me that something was wrong.  I looked and Leo was dragging himself toward me with his front paws and his back end was just basically flailing around.  Turns out he had thrown a blood clot, which is not something that they really can recover from.  After a traumatic and expensive trip to the emergency vet (very nice people but $$OW$$), we put him to sleep, as he was in tremendous pain, was very panicked, and had virtually no hope of meaningful recovery.  I got home about 1:30, couldn't get to sleep well after that, but still had to drag my butt into work this morning for a meeting. 

I'm going home shortly and going back to bed, but in the meantime am waiting for Katie to call me from college, as she still doesn't know and he was "her" cat.  Not looking forward to that conversation.

That pretty much overshadows the entire day today.  He was my "singer" and the biggest cuddle-buddy I've ever seen.  Loved to be picked up and held like a baby.  Could open the bifold coat closet door and would go in there and close it behind him and sleep in the afternoons, then would steal gloves, socks, stocking boots, scarves, and the occasional bra and carry them around in his mouth while singing.  He'd present you with his "trophy" (sometimes several times in one evening) and then would sit and literally smile if you praised him.  He will be very missed.

Sigh.

Karen
steffihope
on 3/1/11 12:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Oh honey - I am soooo sorry for your loss.  I wish you strength when you talk with your daughter today.  How old was Leo?  UGH - what a bad day - I am sending you the biggest cyber hugs I can muster!  Lots and lots of love!
kgoeller
on 3/1/11 12:30 am - Doylestown, PA
Thanks so much, Steffi.  He was only 8 - truly in the prime of his life.  I appreciate the hugs, big time.
pennykid
on 3/1/11 2:04 am - PA
Karen, I'm so sorry about Leo.    It's so heartbreaking when it happens, especially suddenly and when there's nothing we can do to help them.  I've always loved your story of him secreting himself away in the closet for his nap.  What a wonderful memory!  It amazes me how our other critters let us know when one of them is sick.  I came home from a trip once and was greeted by my Layla kitty.  She kept meowing at me and walking down the hall, then coming back to meow at me again.  When I followed her, she went into one of the bedrooms, and I discovered blood on the rug.  Seems my Lynx had crystals in his bladder again and was passing blood.  I'm forever grateful to her for alerting me so I could get medical attention for him.

Good luck in breaking the news to Katie.  Her heart will break, I'm sure.  Hugs to all of you!!!
Julia              
kgoeller
on 3/1/11 4:02 am - Doylestown, PA
Thanks, Julia.  It really is amazing how they care for each other, isn't it?  Even though they have their "squabbles" like any siblings, they still look out for each other when push comes to shove.  The other cats are VERY quiet and subdued today - none of the usual romps through the house or jumps onto the bed.  They know.  Very sad.

I did talk to Katie a bit ago.  She's very upset and especially because she's away.  She had actually toyed with taking Leo back with her until spring break now that she's in an apartment, but had decided against it because he would miss the other kitties.  I'm so glad she didn't have to deal with this herself and being away at school.  Would have been even more awful.

k.
dit657
on 3/1/11 2:07 am - Boothwyn, PA
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry about your loss - Leo sounds like a wonderful friend and I know you'll miss him terribly. Hugs - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
kgoeller
on 3/1/11 4:03 am - Doylestown, PA
Thanks, Kathy - he was a great buddy and we will all miss him.
bvohl
on 3/1/11 2:27 am
Karen,

So sorry to hear about Leo  Losing a pet is like losing a child! I have lost several of them, but I have pictures of them to help keep their memory alive! I am sure you do as well!

Here is many hugs for you and your family!!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

kgoeller
on 3/1/11 4:04 am - Doylestown, PA
Beth,

Thank you - the hugs really do help! And yes, we've got some fun pictures. They're always in our hearts as well.  

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views