Tired Tuesday Roll Call

kgoeller
on 2/28/11 11:41 pm - Doylestown, PA
Nic,

So sorry - depression is such a sucky disease to deal with and one that truly transforms every aspect of your life when it kicks in.  I agree with Lisa - exercise helps.  LIGHT helps, so try to get outside today for a walk at lunch if you can, or just sit near a nice sunny window.  And keep repeating to yourself that it's chemical, it's not reality.   And you can always reach out to me ... or to any of your huge network of friends who love you.  We are there for you as you need us and have been there for us so very many times.

Hugs.

Karen
pennykid
on 3/1/11 1:54 am - PA
I'm sorry you're dealing with depression, Nic.  I agree with Karen---try to get some sunlight.  Might not be a cure-all, but it helps.  Hugs to you!
Julia              
Lisa H.
on 2/28/11 8:12 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Trish and Pa.. Trish, I HATE drving with a passion and don't know if I could drive all the way to FL. Maybe if I had good, fun company I could, but otherwise, no way.  I have a hard time with anything over 2 hrs..

Paula, like Trish said don't let geography stop you from posting.  We want to keep up with how things are going down there.  Sounds like a good opportunity to start over.

My day is going to be interesting.. I go to domestic relations this morning because Siehara's sperm donor is behind on child support payments for a change.  Depending on what happens this morning will determine the rest of my day.  We MAY or MAY NOT have to go before the judge this afternoon.  If we do, then I'll most likely come home in between and then head back there for the court time.  If we do NOT have to go before the judge, then I am finally going to take my computer up to my friend to have the viruses removed and the blue screen killed once and for all.  If he tells me it's not worth fixing then I'm hoping he can at least recover my files before it's death.  

Siehara is prepared to come home to an empty apartment since no matter what the afternoon brings, I will NOT be here when she gets home from school.  This also means that I need to be proactive and shut down the laptop before I go since she does NOT know the password.  I do NOT want her on it when I am not home.  That trust has not been established yet.  

Tonight, Siehara has her therapy appointment and then we will head to the gym for some cardio and pilates class.  From there, home to relax and get ready for another fun day in the Hunt-Estes household.

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 2/28/11 8:45 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning Trish and PA - Sounds like you crammed a lot of activities into a weekend in Florida, Trish - and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. The drive is tiring, but hubby and I did it in two days, too, and that does help. We had about 100 miles less than you. We're already planning a trip back down in September.

I'm at work - did a few things around the house last night - laundry, cleaned the nasty oven. We had leftovers for dinner so I didn't have to cook, which was nice. Tonight my nephew will be making dinner so it will be done when we get home - after dinner I will get on my bike.

And that's about it for me today...nice not driving to work in the dark anymore - and hopefully the days are getting warmer. I am so ready for Spring!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 2/28/11 9:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA - Wow Trish - I didn't realize it was a short trip - glad it was wonderful for you and that you got to do some amazing things!

I am back at school today and am looking forward to summer!!!!!  And., sadly it has NOTHING to do with the kids.  I walked into the building today to a formal reprimand from my principal regarding my lesson plans not being done in a timely manner.  He is right, but now I have to have a FORMAL meeting with him on Monday morning.  Whatever!  He is right, what am I going to say to that?  I am not great with paperwork and I am not always on time with the lesson plans.  That is it.  When I am wrong, I take responsibilty.  I do believe that he is pissed because I was out on Friday and Monday.  And it seems as though he has no recourse for that - so this is what he does.  He finds things that he CAN get me on and waits until he is good and annoyed and uses it then.  What is amazing, is that everything that I get called on, has NOTHING to do with the education of my students.  Again, whatever!

So - today is going to a be a long-ass day!  Working til 3:15, home to get Emily, Molly AND Joshua and take them all to Hebrew School.  Working there from 4:15-6, a 30 minute potty break - which, BTW, usually turns into about 10 minutes of a break, then teaching tonight from 6:30-8:30 at which point I will be soooo ready to collapse, that I will hopefully get home in one piece!

Well, that is going to be my totally ****ty day!  Hope yours is better!
pennykid
on 3/1/11 1:57 am - PA
Steffi, my mom was an elementary school nurse for many years.  She had a principal at one of her schools who was always coming down on her, usually for being late in the morning.  I think he had another agenda, but I have no idea what it was.  She survived him (I think he got moved to the smallest elementary school in the district), and you'll survive this guy.  Good luck!
Julia              
steffihope
on 3/1/11 2:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Julia - I know that I will survive him - and bottom line - he is right - I SUCK at getting the plans to him - I know what I am doing, and I know he does not, however, it IS part of my job and I somehow need to get better at it.  My students are well cared for and do beautifully and learn and really, THAT is how I measure my success, in my students.  Because, after all, it is THEM who I work for!  Thanks for that support!
pennykid
on 3/1/11 2:13 am - PA
I know lesson plans and other paperwork are important, but sometimes I think we focus on the wrong things.  Yep, the most important thing is that your students are learning.  You know what you need to work on, even though it's not easy!  Good luck, honey!!!
Julia              
Nicole0216
on 3/1/11 2:38 am - Lancaster, PA
I am sorry whether we believe we are in the wrong or not it is never easy to deal with disciplinary action at work. Sorry
bvohl
on 2/28/11 9:54 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!!

I am back to work today after a five day weekend due to the passing of my adopted MIL. The funeral service was beautiful and really captured her true personality!! Dad is home from the hospital, YEAH!! For the last two days I have had a stomach bug and it really is starting to annoy  me! Running to the bathroom fifty million times in not fun!! I was debating whether or not to go into work, but being that I just had a bereavement leave I didn't think it was a good idea. So I popped a couple of imodium and grabbed some crackers and hot tea. That is all I want....I know not much protein, but right now I want the tummy to calm down first! As of now, my tummy is sore but I am not feeling the gas and bloating that I was feeling last night! I have been spraying lysol like crazy!

Today is wor****il 3:30, then home to relax. Pick up the child, do homework, dinner and not much else!

Steffi, I think your principal has a serious power trip!!

Have a great one!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views