time to get moving

deebatt
on 2/26/11 5:58 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
its been too long since i exercised...never has been one of my strong points  but i cant remember how long i've been slacking.   I do remember getting the bug to go back to my gym after a long hiatus... and just when i went back in november they had an announcement posted that they were moving location in december.   i know, i know...no excuse.....  but their new location turned out to be not so convenient to me, especially when i had to kick myself in the tushie to even GET moving at the gym

well...  i went and joined at the new gym that took over my old one's location and today i got my hiney moving and actually went in the door and got myself moving on the treadmill.   not much for most people, but for me that was a HUGE accomplishment.  i lasted longer than i thought, considering i've been a total slug for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.   now to keep the momentum going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.  i have my 2 year follow up next week....hopefully that will give me another shot in the tushie that i need to get myself focused and back on track
~ Denise 

lynnc99
on 2/26/11 9:22 am
For a while I worked with a personal trainer and here is what she said about exercise.

"It's a lot like church. It's really easy not to go, but once you stop, it's VERY hard to make yourself go back through the door."

Congrats on getting through the door!
kgoeller
on 2/27/11 8:59 am - Doylestown, PA
Congratulations on getting your tushie back into the door and back on track.  Our dear Shauna said something once that stuck with me...   "Exercise is like hygeine.  You have to get to the point where you recognize that exercising is just another part of maintaining yourself like brushing your teeth or taking a shower.  If you wouldn't dream of going out without brushing your teeth, you need to see exercise in the same way."

I don't always manage to get to the gym every day, but the recognition of the necessity of keeping my body moving on a daily basis helps keep me much more honest than otherwise.  Whether it's taking the stairs, parking farther away from the store, going for a walk at lunch, or any number of other "little" things, they all do add up over time.  And I have a threshold minimum number of days per week that i do NOT go under in terms of getting to the gym unless there's a really significant reason (illness, injury) preventing it.

Hope this helps a bit!   keep up the momentum!

Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views