Thursday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 2/24/11 1:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish;

Hope you feel better soon, have a great time in Florida - hopefully the warm weather will be good for you. 

I've been up since 5am, so busy just getting to OH.  I'm working from home today, yes, my laptop finally is here!!!!  So nice to be able to make that choice to work from home.  I think I'm busier at home than I am at work, only difference, no one can stop at my desk with a problem, but they can email me....

This morning was an early one, had to be up, showered, and dressed because the GC was arriving here early to meet his lumber guy.  OMG to drop all the lumber in the driveway, the driver had to watch the overhead wires while he had the bed of the truck raised to off -load the lumber, he stopped so close to the wires.  What a driver, what a talent to judge that and not rip all the wires down for the entire neighborhood, and he was cute on top of all that so very nice to look at...

The house is coming along.  The new basement walls are up, the floor is poured.  I asked the GC this morning if the coming rain is going to put too much water into the new basement and then floor the existing basement - he assured me it would not.  The garage walls are going up today, they re cycled the old cinderblocks from the old garage - I'm really glad they did that.  I like that the old blocks can be used on the new, makes me happy they are doing that.  The stone for the front of the house arrived also, it's going to look great with the burgandy siding I've decided on.  Now to decide what color shingles for the roof.  I also wanted the chimney done in stone rather than siding, so the GC said since it's so important to me - he'll make it happen. 

On Sunday we have an appointment with the kitchen/bath designer.  Can't wait to have that meeting, maybe I'll start to settle down once I know what the house is going to look like.  We did rip up some of the carpeting and we have hardwood floors under the carpet - for the life of me I'll never understand why people cover up beautiful hardwood floors with carpeting.  I hate carpet....

Had to drink a ton of water by 9am so I could have my ultra sound.  The fluids in my pelvis are gone, the cyst on my right overy is gone, now there is a cyst on the left overy.  Does this never end???  So after doc gets the report I'll probably  be going back in 3 months for another ultra sound.  Had the small bowel x-ray on Tuesday.  They told me to have doc call for an oral report, so made that pphone call yesterday to let him know.  I'd imagine if there is anything he is worried about I'll get a phone call from him.

This afternoon I think I'll go take a walk for my lunch.  It will be nice to get out into the sunshine. I also have to run out to The Resturant Store to get some sugarfree vanilla syrup and maybe stop at Champs to pick up some protein bars.  Meat is still a problem for me as is a lot of other food with whatever is going on with my intestianal system.  I'm getting tired of Greek yogurt and protein shakes so the other day Gene picked up a couple protein bars for me and they didn't irritate anything so I'm going to pick up a couple boxes.  Worse case if they end up not agreeing, Gene will eat them.

HOpe everyone has a great day...

Ida

IdaMae

spazzdak
on 2/24/11 10:38 am
 Good evening everyone! Just checking in late here.

I go tomorrow to see my surgeon for my post GI appt. He said I had an ulcer in December. I guess it's healed now. I've gained a couple pounds after losing really fast in December. Now I'm working on getting those back off.

My running moves forward. I had gotten hurt. Got the shots in my knees I needed. Bought new shoes and some smashing new running tights. (They're so cute! and from Victoria's Secret...my new addiction. :) The doctor told me not to run. But, stubborn slovak that I am, figures that if 400# people can run on Biggest Loser then I should be able to run at 145#!!!!! So I have been. Got up to 3.1 miles tonight. One of my friends that went with me said that's a 5K. I never dreamt I could go that far. Now, I DID walk part of it, but 75% or more was running. So, I'm pretty happy with that. I joined a runners group in Warren. I call it "track for grown ups". Hopefully they can help me learn the right way to run. Then, by joining the group I'm automatically enrolled in a "Cinco De Mayo race" in May. ME...in a race. WEIRD!

Ok, that's all for today.

Goodnight.

"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views