OT job I am losing my cool

PittsburghScot
on 2/23/11 12:42 am - Langhorne, PA
Nicole, I hope things work out for you. Evaluations are tough from both sides of the desk. Just be as factual as you can in any rebuttal since emotions won't get you anywhere.

As for the jeans thing, why is it that some people can't understand that we who get up and out at 5:00am have to make different decisions than those who are able to wait until after daylight?

Best of luck. Scot
Nicole0216
on 2/23/11 2:03 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks I am glad you get it.

We have been told you can wear Jeans in inclement weather. I wear them when we have 4 inches and the roads have not even been plowed yet. She bops in at 8am..things are cleared " this was just not bad enough weather to wear jeans" my response? No problem will not wear them again because I cannot worry about wardrobe at 4am. So dumb.
kgoeller
on 2/23/11 5:29 am - Doylestown, PA
You could also go with stashing a spare skirt or pants in the office "just in case" :-)   

k.
Patricia R.
on 2/23/11 1:15 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Nicole,
I am sorry I am late to this discussion.  I understand negative reviews, and that awful feeling of betrayal.  I hope you are able to write your rebuttal with a clear head, and like Laureen suggested, take the emotionalism out of it. 

As for the jeans, I like Karen's suggestion.  Bring a spare pair of pants to work to change into when you get to work.  Better safe than sorry.

Sending tons of hugs and love,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

R K.
on 2/23/11 7:09 pm, edited 2/23/11 8:28 pm
I was thinking about this and reflecting on some seminars I had been to in the distant past. One speaker was talking about never giving subordinates 100% glowing reviews, always find a fault and outline a plan for improvement
Needless to say he and I disagreed because if it's not an honest and sincere evaluation then it's worthless IMHO. 
Needless to say your supervisor sounds like the type that you can never 100% please.

PS-no way do you look 40
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/11 6:05 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Hey, Kid, looks like it's time to take a deep breath and don't send any messages!!  At least, not until you've had time to calm down a little. 

For future why not keep a pair of basic slacks in a container in your desk drawer and then if you wear jeans into the office due to inclement weather, change into the slacks when you get to work. 

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views