OT job I am losing my cool

Nicole0216
on 2/22/11 6:59 pm - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Lynn. That is what is hard I can take criticism dear lord I am harder on myself then anyone else so I accept their criticism with open arms LOL 
But this situation was just wrong, unfair, biased and in my mind unfixable without it being addressed.

The true test will be can I get through this without resentment?I think i can depending on how they handle the next step.

Oh and I wore a suit to work today hee hee
R K.
on 2/22/11 7:20 pm
I hope my "young" comment didn't offend you but judging by your avatar you're a stunning young women.

In the working world (and I'm sure you already know this) you get the respect you demand. Basically screw them and their inconsistencies, focus on being the best you can be and let the product of your hard work be the jewel the upper management will see shining.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
Nicole0216
on 2/22/11 7:25 pm - Lancaster, PA
PS I AM 40
kgoeller
on 2/23/11 5:22 am - Doylestown, PA
...and you look about 26, dear...

just sayin'

:-)

Just catching up on this - hope today was a lot better.  The rebuttal is an important thing to do as it will stand in your personnel record as "the other side of the story."  Don't expect it to change things significantly, but hopefully it will help open new roads of communication and understanding over time.  

Hugs to you,
Karen
R K.
on 2/22/11 6:55 pm
First off when you post on a public forum you have to be understand you may not like all replies. Young, assumption? I looked at her picture on her post.
Never said she wasn't good at her job.
My main point was and is when you allow fickle, two faced insincere coworkers and or bosses dictate how you feel you will be headed for disaster. How did most of us get to the point where we needed WLS?
She also mentioned the possibility of a management position. Think it's tough here. Middle management gets it from both ends.

Sorry I thought maybe, just maybe she wanted to clear her head and think objectively and not sit down with a bag of chips and a coke.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
Nicole0216
on 2/22/11 7:24 pm - Lancaster, PA
thank you I appreciate your intent. I dont want to be management that is the issue, they keep trying to push me into that role, which I dont understand if they dont trust my judgment.
It is all good i am in a better place today, I dont get backed into a corner in my mind often but I did and needed to reach out and most people here know me in the real world and have all the pieces of the puzzle about what has been going on at work so I can leave things out and not have to write everything down that is happening. I appreciate the intent in which you posted
swedeville1
on 2/22/11 10:57 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Hey Nicole, I hope you are hanging in there and things are looking up for you.  My suggestion would be for you to use the written rebuttal but to do it in an actual face to face meeting.  Its a good idea to have all of your thoughts figured out and written down but I have never been a big fan of using written letters to send your message.  It lacks the necessary force needed.  As a manager I always preferred it when individuals came to me directly and we discussed the problem at hand.  That way ideas and information could be expanded on and explained further if needed.  I also respected the person more and it showed me that they were assertive, which is always a good trait to have. 
If there is a reason why a face to face wouldnt be benificial then go ahead with the letter, but if all things are equal I would go with the face to face.

Good luck either way!  Im pulling for you.

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 2/23/11 2:01 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks I am going to give the the request in writing and ask that they respond in writing as well.
But I will definately meet with them in person too
kgoeller
on 2/23/11 5:24 am - Doylestown, PA
having it in writing is CRITICAL with something like this, because it becomes part of the permanent record and can be referred to as necessary in the future.  Sitting down with them is also important as Todd said, but make sure that you do have that written record. 

k.
pennykid
on 2/23/11 12:32 am - PA
I'm jumping in late here and don't have any advice for you.  Just wanted to say that I've been in similar work situations where I thought things were going well, then got a crappy review.   One place in particular, my boss was very fickle, very two-faced.  There was no pleasing her, and she spent the better part of a year trying to get me and several others fired.   I stood up for myself whenever I could but otherwise tried to fly under the radar.  Then suddenly one day, she was my best friend and started gunning for someone else.   I think most of the issues were that she felt threatened by me because I caught on quickly to things in my job.  Funny thing was that after I, and most of the department was laid off, she had to call and ask me how to do something.  I hate games at work.  I hope things are better for you!!!  Sending you a hug!!! 
Julia              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views