Scared....

Maureen F.
on 2/22/11 6:23 am - Essington, PA
Ok so I am like less then 12 hrs away from surgery time and I am sooo scared. I am hungry as heck, tired and angry all at the same time. This is not good. I have gotten so many well wishes today from so many people, even people I would not expect. I however have not gotten a phone call from my 2 best friends. I am not sure if they even intend to call and that makes me more upset. I think being angry about them is taking the edge off of the nerves but man I keep wanting to call and cancel or not show up.......I hope this is all normal, and I hope I will be normal afterwards. I cant thank you all enough for the support and kind words. And please forgive me if I get on here after and freak out a little bit.

Mo
HW-309      Surgery Weight - 283     GOAL-160

bvohl
on 2/22/11 6:38 am
Maureen,

You are TOTALLY allowed to be scared, tired, angry, etc! This is perfectly normal! You will be fine and in a couple of months you will be so glad that you did this! Better to freak out and get it out then to hold it in and explode later....just sayin!!

Hugs and much luck to you!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

spirit56
on 2/22/11 6:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
Maureen,

Be assured that many of us were in the same boat as you right before surgery.  I had told so many people that I knew I couldn't back out even if I wanted to.  Maybe that's why I told just about everyone.  I hadn't had any surgery since an appendectomy when I was 9.  I can tell you that I was a big baby after the surgery.  I was afraid to move because I thought that the stitches would come out.  Thank God the nurses at Barix were great  They kicked my ass when I needed in and comforted me when I started to cry.  Just know that in 24 hours you will be on your way to a new way of life.  

I have regretted many things in my life but having WLS is not one of them.  Take some deep breaths.  You have not come by this decision lightly - you want to be healthier for yourself and others.  You are giving yourself the gift of a new life.  Feel the strength of the people here with you when you go into surgery.  Make sure someone posts and lets us know how you are doing.  Take good care of yourself.

Donna
Nicole0216
on 2/22/11 8:14 am - Lancaster, PA
Mo

We all felt this way some of us more dramatic then others. I was convinced I would die, I had my will written, wrote goodbye letters to everyone. This is a big change and it is scary. I would be upset as well if those who are supposed to be my friends were not there to support me and check in on me.  It will be ok. We all felt this way.
Lisa H.
on 2/22/11 9:40 am - Whitehall, PA
 Mo, what you are feeling is totally normal.  2/23 is a great day to have surgery!! That's when I had mine 2 years ago.  

I am celebrating by going in for an endoscopy.  We will be "under" around the same time! LOL

I can understand how you are feeling about your friends.  Maybe they are just scared for you and don't want to add to your fear.  Know that WE are here for you and feel free to come back and vent.  If you have someone who can call or post, please have them do that.  

You can have someone call or text me.. I will be free probably around noon from my procedure.  My number is 610-504-3867.  I have unlimited texting, so if YOU want to vent, cry, celebrate, or whatever, feel free to use it any time!

We'll be waiting for you on the loser's bench!

My tracker

hers 

Maureen F.
on 2/22/11 10:01 am - Essington, PA
Thank you all so much, I plan on bringing my computer with me to kill time. I am not much of a sleeper anyway so I will try to get on and let everyone know whats up. Thanks Agian and God Bless for all the kind words,.

Mo
HW-309      Surgery Weight - 283     GOAL-160

Maura M.
on 2/22/11 10:13 am - Yardley, PA
Mo,

You will be fine, you are normal, you will not regret it.  Congrats on taking the first step toward the rest of your life.

Be well, try to calm down - friends, even though we love them.....can - at times be human and let you down.. but you have so many of us here, we will fill in -  reach out anytime you need 908-812-3139

Maura

Maura

Decolady
on 2/22/11 8:52 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Holding you in my thoughts today, Mo.  I'm sure everything will be fine and you will not regret this decision!  Good luck today!  See you on the loser's bench!

Peace,

Deb 
gmom62
on 2/22/11 11:58 pm - Clifton Heights, PA

Mo,

I am just 7 mos out and was feeling the same things you are.  You are in good hands.  Dr. Katz is amazing!   Your "friends" will come around.  They may be a little scared for you as well.

Let me know what room your in.  I'll come see you and bring some before pics so you can see it won't take you long to be feeling wonderful and looking great.  Call me anytime!   610-357-8018

Good luck to you,

Cyd

Cheryl.P
on 2/24/11 6:04 pm - Philadelphia, PA
so ... how did you do? are you ok?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA