Swede=1 Trampoline=0

swedeville1
on 2/17/11 11:44 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
When my daughter turned 5, 4 years ago we bought her a trampoline and set it up in the back yard.  As I was assembling it I read the safety warning that the max weight limit was 250 pounds.  My immediate thought and resolution was that I was NEVER going to be able to jump on it with my kids.  I would watch them having a blast on it while they showed dad all the cool new moves they had perfected on it.  They really wanted me to get on there with them and play but I would always have to respond "daddy's too big honey, you have a good time, daddy will watch."  So, fast forward to yesterday afternoon.  My daughter was excited that the weather was nice enough to go jumping on it so right after school she changed her clothes and hauled ass out back to have some fun.  I plopped down on the recliner to relax after a long day at work.  She finished and then my son took a turn.  Once they both were done and moving on to other things to entertain themselves an idea hit me like a bolt of lightening!!!  Holy **** I have lost enough weight to go give the trampoline a shot .  So I put my sneaks on and headed out back.  As I got close to it I decided to make a grand entry so I ran and just dove onto it and rolled to a stop in the middle of it.  So far so good.  I stand up and start to test the waters by bouncing up and down a little.  Of course I am batteling the inner demons that were saying "you're gonna bust this thing and end up on your ass in the grass, and, this thing has been sitting outside for four years and the springs are going to fail from rust or something!"  I decided that my inner demons were full of **** and went ahead anyway.  I decided to start out small by doing a butt bounce and trying to get back to my feet.  I failed like the first three times because I was still having some trouble trusting that I wasnt going to break it.  Then finally I did it!!!  I was standing there with arms raised like Rocky Balboa and grinning from ear to ear.  I then called my son out to come watch dad try to break his neck.  He came right away!!! LOL  I then had him talk me through a few other moves (which I mastered as well) and then next thing I knew he and I were wrestling like a couple of dudes from WWE.  I know he has wanted to do this for a long time and so did I.  It was fantastic.  He called his mother to look out the back door and she watched me do my tricks and just shook her head and said "making up for lost time huh?"  I smiled and said hell yeah.  She smiled too.  So Jett and I kept up the hijinx for about ten more minutes untill we were called into the house for dinner.  "AHHH Mom, do we have too?" is what we both thought.  So I jumped off and put my shoes on and ran into the house, washed my hands and had dinner, all the while basking in the joy of my new life!  Love it Love it Love it!

Swede 

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

steffihope
on 2/18/11 12:08 am - Philadelphia, PA

Awesome! :)
Cherish F.
on 2/18/11 12:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Actually teary over here for you Sweded!!!!
So awesome! And, btw, what a great work out. Jealous, wish I had a yard and a trampoline.
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

swedeville1
on 2/20/11 8:39 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Thanks Cherish!  You are more than welcome to come over to my house and jump on my trampoline any time you want. 
Swede

Sara E.
on 2/18/11 1:46 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Way to go Swede!

Sara

Lisa H.
on 2/18/11 2:26 am - Whitehall, PA
 Todd, I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!  

Of course the inner demons are full of ****!  

I know your son must have been beside himself with joy that he could finally play with dad on the trampoline!!  It's great exercise, too!

My tracker

hers 

swedeville1
on 2/20/11 8:42 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
He was pretty excited.  He may have the edge on bounce ability but dad can still rough him up (if I can only catch him) lol.

Swede

Nicole0216
on 2/18/11 3:37 am - Lancaster, PA
YAY YAY YAY
Decolady
on 2/18/11 8:29 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
What a great, great story, thanks for sharing, Swede!  YOU ROCK
gmom62
on 2/19/11 7:20 am - Clifton Heights, PA
Swede,

I got a little weepy there for a second.  So proud of you!  It's wonderful when we can do the fun things with our kids or grandkids, in my case, that we've been wanting to do for so long.

Cyd

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views