Just wanted to share....

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 8:01 am - Hatboro, PA
I stopped at my surgeons office this afternoon to weigh myself, and I've lost 11 lbs in the past 12 days.  I just recently joined the gym, so I guess that is paying off.  In total I've lost 82 lbs in the past 6 months, including my pre-surgery weight loss.  But the absolute best part is that I am now under 300 lbs!   I actually teared up a bit when I saw my weight on the scale.  This is the first time that I've weighed under 300 lbs since I was in high school. 

I've still got a looooooong way to go, but it's so good to have a weight that starts with a 2 instead of a 3!!!!  Sorry, this post really is nothing more then me patting myself on the back.

David
spirit56
on 2/9/11 8:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
     Congratulations DavidThere is nothing wrong with you patting yourself on the back.  You deserve to feel good about what has happened in the past 6 months.  Welcome to twoderland.  Never minimize your accomplishments.  I just saw your post re: Barix meetings.  They are open to anyone.  The 1st Saturday of the month is a combined Pre-Op and Post-Op Meeting.  There is also a Post-Op Meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  The people there are awesome so feel free to drop by.

Kudos on joining the gym.  I do Zumba twice a week and it has made a big difference in how I feel and look.  Keep up the good work.  You need to be disciplined to do the Lap Band so I really admire you.  I went with the RNY because I had over 100 pounds to lose and I needed the restriction to what I can eat.  Take care.

Donna
bvohl
on 2/9/11 10:02 am
David,

Pat away!!!! You deserve it! Like Donna said, never minimize your accomplishments. 82 lbs in 6 months with the band is AWESOME!! There are many people who do not see that type of success with the band.

Doing the happy dance!

Keep on successing!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Dennis Belk
on 2/9/11 10:08 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi David,

You're well on your way. You should bedoing a lot of patting on the back and as Donna mentioned, "It's OK". Your story is very common amongst our community. Here's hoping you can join our group down in Langhorne one of these days. This board is a great source but there's nothing like meeting with the peeps face to face.

Hope to see you in the future,

Dennis
Lisa H.
on 2/9/11 10:45 am - Whitehall, PA
Awesome job, David!! 

Absolutely pat yourself on the back.  You totally deserve it!  82 lbs is an awesome accomplishment!!

Keep up the great work!

My tracker

hers 

Maura M.
on 2/9/11 12:14 pm - Yardley, PA
No apology necessary!

Congratulations - What an awesome feeling!
Maura

Nicole0216
on 2/9/11 6:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations
Sansobel
on 2/9/11 8:29 pm - Coatesville, PA

That is a great accomplishment.  Keep up the good work
Sandra           
dit657
on 2/9/11 8:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You just keep on patting yourself on the back and tooting your own horn, buddy!! We've all done it and deserve every moment of it!! That is awesome!! I also remember tearing up when the scale went under 300 for me - would love to see it go under 200 some day, but that's a story for another time.

You are doing fantastic - keep up the great work!! Wish there was an icon for patting you on the back - instead, here's some much deserved

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 2/9/11 9:49 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
David,

Congratulations on doing the work that is netting you the results you posted here!!!  Wishing you the best as you continue the path towards healthy and better living!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views