Wonderful Wednesday Roll Call

Nicole0216
on 2/8/11 6:51 pm - Lancaster, PA
It is a wonderful Wednesday because,,,,it is the middle of the WEEK only 2 more days until the weekend yay. Today is a busy day for me at work and then I have 2 appts to get to for myself this afternoon. Hip is acting up and need to go to the dentist because I chickened out on Monday.

Biggest Loser is going good. for the most part it has not been too hard. Our bodies actually do seem to want to eat on the WLS Food plan way, it is our heads that fight us for sure.

Encouraged a friend to let some toxic people go yesterday and I have done the same. Rememebr that this is your life, your party and you get to decide who attends!!!!
Liz R.
on 2/8/11 8:03 pm - Easton, PA
Good for you Nicole!!!!

I am at work - another rough night in Baby Land. Somehow I still managed to get here at 6:30, running out at lunch to exchange a pair of pants, stop at the card store and pick up tax software at Staples. After work stopping at K-Mart to pick up 2 car seats - one for my grandmother's car and one for Chris' - it's time for our big girl seat. Then home to make dinner, hang with Mia and maybe get the taxes started. Come on big refund!
steffihope
on 2/8/11 8:55 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Nic, Liz and all who venture over here this morning.  I am sitting in my kitchen not worried about the rest of the week - well, of course I am worried - but NOT about work!  I took the rest of the week off - I was starting to panic a little and was NOT giving my students the attention they need, so I am here - going to spend the next two days getting completely organized for this weekend.  YAY!  

So - here is my plan for the day - take Em to school, she is weak, but her belly is feeling better and she wants to go, and she never did have a fever.  Larry and I are going out for breakfast - We still don't have a working oven and range and  I NEED eggs, then home to get some organzing stuff done, I am thinking, getting the pictures narrowed down, writing my speech, cleaning up Molly's speech, playing some Zuma Blitz, I know....that has NOTHING to do with the Bat Mitzvah, but - it will help me focus! :)  Then will get the girls from school and head over to the synagogue to do our, "Family rehearsal"  (Have to have Molly's speech REALLY done!)  Then tonight, Larry and I have our parenting seminar, well I do - we shall see if Larry can swing some of it as he has to work tonight, and he might want to eat at some point - WIERD!!!!!

Later on tonight, just hanging with the kids and seeing what else I may have forgotten!

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful! :)
dit657
on 2/8/11 9:09 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sounds like a good idea that you took some time off - these events (I was going to abbreviate Bat Mitzvah until I realized it would be BM!) are almost like planning and staging a wedding! I wish you all the best and congratulations to your daughter on her special occasion. It will all come together in the end, mom, so relax and enjoy this special time with her.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 2/8/11 9:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Funny you said that - I was texting a friend the other day - and told her, "I am in BJ's shopping for BM."  Her response, "I want nothing to do with your BJ's or BM's!"  And yes - we do abreviate BM and are WELL aware of the mistake that can be made - which makes it all the more funnier! :)
Lisa H.
on 2/8/11 8:59 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning Nicole and everyone else.

Today has me working and doing laundry.  There are piles all over my bed right now, which will eventually end up on Siehara's bed so she can put them away when she gets home from school.  (That ought to be fun). 

Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring tonight, finally.  It seems like she hasn't had it in months because of the all of the wonderful weather we've been getting on Wednesdays.    After tutoring we'll grab some dinner out and then head over to the synagogue to do cooking for Saturday's lunch.  Even though Siehara and I will not be at our service this weekend, we did commit to help with cooking.  PLUS, since nobody showed at my meeting Monday night, I am going to try to have an informal meeting to discuss a few things while we are cooking.  

From there, home to hopefully an early bed time.   Everyone stay warm today and have a great one.

My tracker

hers 

swedeville1
on 2/8/11 9:03 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning Nicole and Liz!  Well done Nicole for letting those people go.  So how are you doing in the Biggest Loser contest compared to others?  Winning?  Just curious I guess. 
Liz, good luck with the refund!  Ours was huge this year but its already spoken for because we want to pay off our new windows, put money down on my sons braces and put money down on a vacation to Myrtle Beach in June.  Easy come easy go!

Today im trying to stay warm and get some of my work caught up.  I have a few lingering projects that I would like to get resolved today.  After work I will be helping to coach my son's basketball practice and thats about it for tonight's plans.  I was thnking about some body image things on the way to work this morning and Im working on figuring out what I want to say and ask and will be looking to start a new thread today if I get the time.  Keep a look out! 

Stay warm everyone and have a great day!
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 2/8/11 9:43 pm - Lancaster, PA
not sure we have our first weigh in on friday so we shall see the competition is fierce.
I have come in to work on several occasions to have twizzlers and candy bars in my box Little do they know I have not eaten sugar in 4 years and have chocolate in my desk for my clients and it does not tempt me at all. Now if they had put chips in there not so sure what would happen. Heads will roll; will let ya know
dit657
on 2/8/11 9:15 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - this bitter cold weather is wearing me out - I just feel like I can't get warm enough anymore - unless, of course, I'm having a stinking hot flash, but they're few and far between (thank goodness!).

Two more days of work for me then I'm on vacation until 2/23 - WOO-HOO!! The dog is getting groomed today for his big trip - getting my list together of things to pack and take. Praying for warm sunny weather!

Broke the news to my boss this morning about my possible knee revision and being out of the office for a while - good thing is she and I were both thinking it's time for a laptop for me - I've never had a need for one because my work was basically admin stuff, but now I'm involved in a lot of the financial workings of the office and electronic filing is my 'baby' so on snow days I could work from home and if I go out on disability I can keep up with certain things while recuperating.

And that's about my news for the day - stay warm, people - brrrrrr.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 2/8/11 9:27 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Nicole,
I am doing much better this morning.  I caught up on my sleep, and my sinus infection symptoms are improved.

Today is going to be busy.  I have an AA meeting in a little while, and then I head to get x-rays I thought I would get yesterday, but the referral was not there.  So, after the x-rays I am going to do some more CE study.  I have a few more classes to do by correspondance and I am done.  I swear, I will not put off like I did this time. 

I hope everyone has a great day.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views