Terrific Tuesday Roll Call

Lisa H.
on 2/7/11 9:30 pm - Whitehall, PA
Whine away, Trish.. I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Make sure you get to your meeting today. 

I am starting to come to some conclusions regarding the things that have been floating around in my head.  Though, the outcome is not going to be exactly what I want, it makes sense and it is the right decision.  Matters of the heart are the hardest ones to deal with, but I'll get through it.

I came home last night pretty pissed off.  I left the gym after zumba and SKIPPED YOGA to go to Wegman's for my sisterhood meeting.  NOBODY showed.. NOBODY.  2 people had confirmed--1 did call b/c something was wrong with their heat and they had to stay home--ok, no problem.  The other one didn't bother to call or show up.. She has done this before.. and to top it off, it's the Rabbi's wife... WTF?!?!  Others who did not respond knew about the date since at least last month and received a reminder from me on Sunday.    They wonder why I don't want to continue the position after this term is over.  I sent an email out to the board today with a copy of the agenda and a request for everyone to meet at least for a little bit Wednesday night while we are in the kitchen doing some cooking so we can go over a few items.  I know Sarah will be there.  If nobody else shows, I'll ask her advice on what to do from here.  She was president for 4 years and is a much more patient person than I. 

Anyway... venting over...

working til 3:30. dinner.  Siehara has therapy at 5:00.  It is an individual session, so I will play on my phone for an hour, I guess.  I may try to go over to the Bethlehem Gold's, but I'm not sure that I will have time to get there, get a decent work out in, and get back in an hour.. probably not.  I'll think of something to occupy myself. 

After therapy, we will head to the Whitehall Gold's for pilates.  I am still pissed about missing yoga last night for nothing and need to get into Pilates for a great stretch. 

Other than that, nothing really happening.  Hope everyone stays dry.. looks like it's just rain here.

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 2/7/11 9:37 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Trish and everyone!

Trish I agree with Nicole as well - holistic items can be a great rememdy. They aren't expensive. I know there are several foods that help to reduce inflamation. I was following it a few years ago to help with my back since we aren't supposed to do NSAIDS. Good luck!

Well i am at work - been a hectic morning for sure! Working until 3:30 - 4 ish then headed to Target to get diapers, to my parent's to get Mia and home to make dinner and get food ready for tomorrow.
bvohl
on 2/7/11 10:03 pm
Good Morning Trish and PA!

Trish- Hugs to you! Hope you feel healthier soon!! It sucks to feel bad!

Yesterday, I was running around like a crazy person! Non stop until about 9pm when my batteries died out! After work, got gas, stopped at the phone store because my iphone is acting weird. I may be upgrading to the 3gs very soon!! It is on sale for $49, LESS than what I spent on my current iphone!! Stopped at the store, came home, cleaned up the kitchen, multitasked by making dinner and doing homework with Dee. Then ran out to CVS to find black tights for Dee, but no such luck! Came back home, baked some PB cookies and had hubby give Dee a bath. Finally sat down at 9pm, had some SF ice cream, then went to bed....

Today is wor****il 3:30, then to Children's place to pick up said black tights for child, pick up child, make dinner, do homework. Then once hubby gets home, out to rehearsal with the college group that I haven't been a part of for awhile. Won't get home until after 9pm!! Probably will come home and collapse. Then, up for another fun filled day!

WHEW!! Tired just reading this....

Love to all!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/11 10:27 pm
Good Morning,

Trish I hope that you can find some comfort soon to your pain. I agree with Nicole look into some nature cures. Take the refund and treat yoursefl to something special you deserve it for sure. 

Hugs to the rest of my girls above having struggles....We all have each other so we will get through. 

Still battaling this crud I seemed to acquire but in work today then tonight off to Barix for the pre-op meeting so long day. I can hear my bed waiting for me patiently. Yet today is my first day back to work since Friday and I have a half day Friday so hope it al goes fast. 

Last night I cleaned out just my closet and managed to fill 3 shopping bags of clothes to purge. I have way to many clothes found stuff I forgot I even had in there. Clothing is my drug of choice always has been. 

Tomorrow I will make sure that both Den & I have everything we need for Saturday together suit/dress and the goodies that go with it.  So looking forward to attending Molly's Bat Mitzvah. 

Also need to work out some after party details today....

lynnc99
on 2/7/11 11:00 pm
Hi everyone - i haven't checked in for a while.

I feel like I have been battling weather for weeks. Sat. I flew to Michigan - but fortunately drove down to BWI Friday night (stayed at Hampton Inn to get their cheap rate and a parking deal). Otherwise I would have been iced in here on Saturday. Arrived at Detroit Metro and it began to snow - incredible snow! We got about 8". It was my granddaughter's birthday party that afternoon, so I ended up driving my mom and sister back home (which took 2 hours each way).

ENOUGH of winter already!

Today I am dragging my feet into work tasks. It won't be bad once I get into it but getting there is like pulling teeth. I have to make deals with myself - stay at the computer for 2 hrs. and then have lunch. Stay at the computer for 2 hrs. and then a 20 min. break. I have never had to play games like that with myself before in my life!

Our dog has another eye issue - an ulcerated cornea, which will be a pricey surgical fix at the specialty veterinary clinic in Wilmington. That's next Monday. Joyful....where's the checkbook?

Well THiS was whiney, wasn't it????
spazzdak
on 2/7/11 11:25 pm
 Okay...seriously...it's oly Tuesday? I got on here looking for "Thriving Thursday" and we're only up to Tuesday???

So, my knees just got the memo that I've been running. They're killing me. So, I guess I'll be taking a break for a few days. Find some braces... my kneecap isn't riding properly in it's groove and it feels like I got whacked with a sledgehammer to see if my leg would "jump"...you know...how the doctor taps you with a tiny rubber mallet thingy?  Nope...sledge hammer. Sitting here with bags of ice on my knees. c.r.a.p.

On an interesting note, running has not aided in losing any weight...so, either it's not enough, or as usual...exercise is not going to do much for me. I'm up a couple pounds and want to get back down, so, I had protein coffee for breakfast. Probably shrimp and eggs for the rest of my meals today.

Have a great day PA!

"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Maura M.
on 2/8/11 7:26 am - Yardley, PA
Trish - sending a wave of healing your way -

I had to take Mark for a colonoscopy today (poor guy) - all is good though which is good news - he was worried they would find something - He does have diverticulosis, but they say it is nothing to worry about - not restricting his diet and they removed a few polyps - next one in 5 years..

I am sooo far behind at work, I am kind of panicking - am heading to Salt Lake City Utah on the 14th to lead a week of meetings and I am very unprepared!  need to buckle down the next 3 days and get ready... I have that sick stomach feeling about how far behind I am..

Am still maintaining.. that makes me happy.

That's about it on this front! 

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views