Dr. Medvetz/Barix Clinic

jerseygirl1976
on 2/6/11 3:45 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Has anyone had Lap-Band with Dr. Medvetz? Or switched over to her since Dr. Boe left? I am having my first follow up in two weeks. From what I read on here she has only done 30 Lap-Band procedures. That is making me a little nervous.
Method Currently Performing Total Surgeries Lap-to-Open Conversions Avg. Currently Done Per Week Years Experience With This Type Average O.R. Stay Time Average Hospital Stay
LAP-BAND
Laparoscopic Yes 30.0
I've had my surgery but I'm worried about the follow up care that is a needed more than with Roux-en-Y. 
 I want to get a feel of what others opinions are.

Thanks!
Laureen S.
on 2/6/11 6:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
JerseyGirl,

Good that you did you research.  While Dr. Medvetz is the newest member at Barix, I cannot say much other than the fact that Barix has always hired the very best surgeons, so while I can understand your feelings, perhaps someone else who has used her will step up and let you know how they felt about her.  I did meet her when she first came on board at Barix, as she came to our support group to introduce herself and seemed to have a very caring attitude, whatever you decide, I wish you well on your journey.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jerseygirl1976
on 2/7/11 7:19 am - Manahawkin, NJ

Laureen,

Thank you for responding. I do hope that others will post there experience. Its so scary when you have someone new you don't know what to expect.

Cheryl.P
on 2/10/11 3:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
after my doctor left, i was placed with dr medvetz. i had my 9 month follow up with her on friday. i found her to be hosest and very direct.  not all that warm and fuzzy, but she knew what she was doing and i feel safe with her . if you have concerns just ask her about her experience and voice your concerns to her. then if you are still uncomfortable just ask for the other doctor when you make your next appointment.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views