Reflection on . . .

Laureen S.
on 2/3/11 10:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Attitudes and Limitations

"My greatest limitations," a member said, "are in my mind. Until I came to this group, I wasn't even aware that many of the negative cir****tances in my life were the direct result of my distorted attitudes.

"I brought myself a lot of unnecessary misery by thinking it was my responsibility to manage and direct other people's lives. I believed it was solely up to me to make everyone else happy and secure. So I continually placed everyone else's needs first until I didn't know who I was or what I needed for my own happiness and comfort. It's exhausting and insane to try to second-guess everyone. Not only that, it doesn't give me or anyone else credit for being able to think, feel, or act for himself."

Today I will not manage or direct other people's lives, nor will I expect any other human being to fill my inner emptiness. I have the dignity, resources, and responsibility to fulfill my own life just as others have theirs. I will find my own sources of comfort, joy, and peace no matter what others do with their lives and free choices.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

LindaScrip
on 2/4/11 12:29 am
as a former control freak and person who used to thrive on drama I say Amen to that.  I will manage me myself and I and be responsible for my own happiness and set standards only for me.  No truer words that what you just posted on here.  Thanks sweetie. I have so learned how to mmob.
Cheryl.P
on 2/4/11 12:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
thanks for this, as a current controll freak i need to remember this.
notice you were missing again, hope everything is ok and you are just busy

LindaScrip
on 2/4/11 8:43 am
awww someone missed me just kidding I just find that lots of time when people run their issues with me I just listen and respond by saying gee I am sorry you are going thru this I don't get emotional like I used to and offer advice.  I am running around like a crazy woman trying to play catch up. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views