Wicked Wednesday Roll Call

lynnc99
on 2/2/11 4:14 am
I am trying to balance my approach to all of this too....It's okay if my weight sits still at 155 It really is. I wear a size 8 (with an occasonal 6 thrown in). A lot of tops are size S. I never dreamed I would be this size....and am working HARD to not feel like a failure because I am not in the 140's (which, by the way, I have not seen in - what - 27 YEARS????)

The BMI chart would put my goal in the 130's to be at the middle of the BMI "normal" range, but we won't even go there. If I ever weigh 130 - ish, the sky will open and the earth will shake. A miracle will have occurred. And hey, I am a "woman of a certain age" and don't NEED to be that tiny! I don't WANT to buy clothes in the junior's department!!!

It's very interesting - taking a look at today's intake of food which has included a protein shake, some shrimp, and a little fruit....this reminds me of how little food I NEED to take in to be well within the ballpark, to feel satisfied, and to be doing exactly what I need to do.

steffihope
on 2/1/11 11:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all - I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!  I had a two hour delay for school this morning, so I actually got to see Larry BEFORE I came into work - always a nice change (well, USUALLY a nice change.....HA HA!)  The girls slept at their grandfathers last night - so I didn't have to worry about them.  That was also a nice change for me.

Oh - and last night, the synaggue cancelled my evening classes, so I was home in plenty of time to work on Bat Mitzvah stuff.  I think I can now breathe - I still have things to do - but it seems doable and at the least, organized!  So, I will teach today, and then this afternoon, head home for the afternoon,  Tonight, larry and I have a parenting workshop at the local mental health facility.  I am hoping that it is a good one and that Larry is ok with my signing us up for it.  I really signed me up because of his schedule, but seeing that he is home tonight.....ha ha ha!  Then who knows after - we really need to look into purchasing a range - but I have no interest in shopping for that right now.  We shall see.

Hope your Wednesday is not so wicked,

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/11 11:53 pm - Eastern, PA
Morning all!

Shoveled and scraped from 6:00-7:45 today, but at least it is done. Salted everything like hell, so I'm hoping the sidewalks stay kind of clean.

Work is a bit of a ghost town today. But I'm getting stuff done and nobody is bothering me!

No real news, per se. Due to shoveling, didn't make it to the gym, so while I didn't really get much cardio in, my back and shoulders are killing me (in a good way) after shoveling the sluchy heavy snow for so long.

I need to plan something for Valentine's Day. It's getting close!

Stay warm, dry, and safe PA!

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 12:15 am
Here at work after a restless night seemsI am getting a cold. Woke up at around 2am with my nose running and could barely breath. I laid there watchign TV till Den went to work but I curled up on his side of the bed managed to drift off to sleep for a little bit before the alarm went off. I got up to head to work ws slow going and hated everything in my closet. I swore I had nothing to wear to work. I have jeans and purple top on with long black cardigan with grey Uggs. Remember Ihad nothing to wear.

Heard from Den and he had a rough start it took him close to 4+ hours to get to New York this morning. I feel so bad for him and hope his commute home is not as bad tonight, I know at times he thinks I don't understand the extend of his weekly commute I do feel for him and try my best to undertand it.

Last night after work I was feeling so blue I took myself shopping. Some may reach for a drink I reach for retail I bought somethings off the sale racks came home. Asked Den if we could go out to Maggie's for dinner. It sorta the first place we went out to eat as a couple with friends so it is always nice for us to go there. Plus we got there after 7 so it was half price appetizers so we just got a few of those for dinner. Have enough for both of our lunches today so that was two for one for us.

Today once I leave work I think that I will run to the market for a few things we need if not just go home and veg after I make dinner since I am trying to get rid of this crude I have seemed to acquire. I have turkey chops for dinner so at least it is easy to make with a side or two then curl up with the Bigman tonight.
dit657
on 2/2/11 5:14 am - Boothwyn, PA
I am jonesing big time for some retail therapy and this stinking, stupid weather is killing me!! I have 2 wonderful gift cards in my wallet just itching to be taken out and used, and I could use a couple of things for vacation. I'm getting out this weekend come h*ll or high water!! (or SNOW!!)

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/11 5:44 am
I went to Fashion Bug got a few cute things on sale...I have 2 sweet gift cards I got for Christmas but saving them for now. I hat to use things like that right away I am weird that way. I also never use anything as soon as I buy except on rare occassions. Den moving in took away mmy display space my girlfriens Sharon laughs all the time about it.

Hey we all have our quirks...LOL
dit657
on 2/3/11 11:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I had a gf like you who would never wear something right after she bought it - she'd put it away and 'save' it...I, on the other hand, will wear mine the next day most of the time, unless I buy something really off season. And trust me, this is the LONGEST I've ever held onto gift cards! I have 2 other restaurant gift cards hubby and I got for Christmas that we haven't used yet either. This is so unlike me!

I haven't been in a FB for years...might have to check them out again.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 12:12 am
Kathy,

I would use the bed in my guest room as my display area. I would come home from shooping display everything out on the bed. Shoe,clothes you name it then go in and look at it every few days. Then after about a week or two I would hang it in the closets now I have no display room but still don't wear anything in 24 to 48 hours most times. It is a weird sickenss I tell you! 

I am in awe when people go out right after Christmas to use gift cards. I am turning 43 in April and still have money put away from my 40th birthday party.
Damn I am sounding weird even to me! 
dit657
on 2/4/11 12:17 am - Boothwyn, PA
OMG that's too funny about the clothing displays!! Hey, whatever floats your boat, you know. I wish I had that willpower but I don't.

But now about that 40th birthday money? What are you saving it for? Your 50th?? And not to be a downer but let me tell you a (hopefully) quick little story...

The same friend of mine who wouldn't wear her new clothes for a while was also a huge saver of gift money - God bless her because I don't save squat. But, she wanted a new kitchen in her house forever but just couldn't bear taking the money out of the bank to do it...sadly she contracted breast cancer that spread to brain cancer and she died at age 43, leaving behind 3 small children and a husband, who is now remarried and guess what? The NEW wife is enjoying a BRAND NEW HOUSE with all the money my friend saved.

So I guess the moral of the story is - yes, it's great to be a saver, but sometimes it's good to be a spender, too, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/11 12:24 am
Thanks for your story Kathy....

I really am not a "saver" but yet I have this money saved. What is funny my Dad would always say I am going to enjoy it now cause the Brinks truck doesn't follow the hearse...Well I looked behind the hearse on his final day and low and behold he was right not one damn brinks truck! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views