Thursday Roll Call

spazzdak
on 2/2/11 9:54 pm
 Steffi- it's the New Moon today. Ergo - the moodiness. I've got it too.

Alexis was home sick on Tuesday, school closed due to weather yesterday, Alexis was fine all day. Cut to 2 minutes before the bus came and she's suddenly too ill to go to school today. Hair done, lunch packed, clothes changed..."too sick". Bawling her head off so the whole neighborhood could hear her. Good Times!!! So she's up in bed for the day.

Went for a run last night and found that the ice storm they said came through really did! Wow! The whole town is an ice rink. So, I walked. Walking in the slush and on ice worked muscles I don't usually use...so, it was still exercise.     I was pretty sure my eyeballs would freeze.

Today I have a a PTO board meeting at the Elementary center. Then I have to bake and decorate a cake for Kelsey's 8th birthday party tomorrow evening. Oh, and I guess I better go pick up a gift for her. Gonna' be a busy day!

Has anyone gotten their nails done with "CND shellac"? It lasts 2 weeks chip proof and helps your nails grow. Once you pass 2 weeks tho- it does chip and look like poo. Well, they cancelled my appt. last night and now my nails are going to look like poo-. I won't get in til Tuesday. That's too many days for nails to look crummy. Just thought I'd share tho-. If you like to have your nails done but don't like to worry about chips you should look into it in your area. If I can get it here in Warren, surely you guys have had it for a while.
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Lisa H.
on 2/2/11 10:08 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning all..

up and working 1/2 day today. 

After work, I'm hanging out with a friend til Siehara gets home from school.  I assume she will have Hebrew School today, which means that I will do my Thursday gym routine!! FINALLY!  I miss the schedule.  

Cardio during hebrew school, pilates after.  Dinner for her in the car or at kid care.. I have wings in the crockpot.  I'll drink a shake in between gym sessions and eat when I get home.

Tonight, hoping to go to bed early b/c I am going to AC tomorrow night and want as much rest as I can get.  I should have scheduled a 1/2 day for tomorrow, too.  I wonder if it's too late to do that.. hmmmm..

I also need to see if I can make alternate arrangements for Siehara for tomorrow night.  She is supposed to sleep at her friend's house, but her friend has an all day confirmation thing on Saturday which means I will be more strictly glued to a schedule for returning from AC.  I would like a bit more freedom.  So, I'll see if there is something else I can do with her.  

My tracker

hers 

kgoeller
on 2/2/11 10:55 pm - Doylestown, PA
Morning, Trish and Everyone!

Talk about a low-energy and moody day - i totally agree Steffi!  I'm absolutely exhausted.  However, I am working from home this morning and dragging my butt into work for an 11AM meeting.  I do plan to come home right after that meeting, though!  I'll still work, but with my feet up.

My mom was sick yesterday and is still tottery today. Had that stomach virus, and when you're 90, it hits you pretty hard.  Thing is, she turns into a cranky 3-year-old whenever she's the least bit sick, so it runs the rest of the household ragged.  Ah well. 

We had a long power outage yesterday (6:30 AM until about 1 PM) and the house got cold, so I built a nice fire in the fireplace.  Used that to hea****er for hot tea for her (felt like a pioneer - haha!)  Unfortunately, I'm also watching teh development of a couple of HUGE icecicles in places that I can't figure out a safe way to get to them to knock them down.  And one of them is dangerously close to my garden window in the kitchen - if it falls even slightly off-center, I'm afraid it will break the window.  Not sure yet what to do about that.

Well, I'm goign to get ready to head in to work now.  Have a safe day, folks.

Karen
dit657
on 2/2/11 10:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone. I'm home today nursing an aching back - having trouble standing up straight. Made myself a breakfast burrito then took two Aleve. It's the strongest thing we have. I think I did it yesterday wearing boots with a heel - it was only a shirt stacked heel but since I never stuff like that I think thats what did it. God I'm old.

So just hanging out with the dog watching Regis & Kelly and trying to work the kink out of my back. I did get on my bike again last night and it felt great. Went a little farther and worked a little harder so hopefully I'll be back up to speed soon.

Stay warm all. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views