Unexpected changes

Dawn S.
on 2/1/11 8:13 am - Spring Grove, PA
I haven't been on much lately between the travel with the new job, etc. but I do try to lurk and read what I can.  Thought I would share that it looks like I am about to experience another life altering change-my husband and I have separated and it looks as though I am headed for divorce.  Part of me is not that surprised as I look back.  I have changed a lot in the past 14 years, and drastically in the last 18 months- he has not. 

I am doing ok but I have found that I have to watch myself as I see how easy it is for the emotional eating demon to creep back in on you if you are not vigilant. I may be back in more often in the coming days as this new stage of life progresses.  Please keep me in your thoughts and wish me the strength to remain strong!

Thanks everyone.

Dawn

HW 326/SW 296/CW 168                           
spazzdak
on 2/1/11 8:41 am
I will keep you in my thoughts. I've found that with the "new me" comes some new thinking and it isn't all good. I'll definitely send good thoughts your way if you do the same for me. Stay strong! I've got great friends that keep me grounded and clear thinking. Find those people in your life and lean hard right now.
SPatel4
on 2/1/11 9:13 am - Levittown, PA
Dawn,
I am sorry to hear about your seperation. Just so you know I have always believed that people need to change as nothing remains constant. Please know you are not alone and we are here for you. Please do not eat away your emotions rather be productive and take that anger and hurt and hit the gym to work out your frusterations. I know it's easier said than done but I know you can do it. (((Hugs)))

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Nicole0216
on 2/1/11 6:50 pm - Lancaster, PA
You are in my thoughts and change can be hard but sometimes it is the window to something wonderful you never expected.
jojobear98
on 2/1/11 7:11 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Sorry to hear this kind of news.

I understand, and have been in your shoes. I had a marriage end after 10 years, and fairly early out from surgery. If you need anything, we are all here for you.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

lynnc99
on 2/1/11 10:16 pm
Dawn, so sorry to hear that you are going through this difficult time. But....Robert Frost wrote that "the only way out is through."  Take care.
dit657
on 2/1/11 10:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Thoughts and prayers going out to you as you work your way through this emotional time...we are always here for you, even if it's just to listen while you vent.

Take care...stay close...Hugs....Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dawn S.
on 2/2/11 3:53 am - Spring Grove, PA
Thank you, everyone for the thoughts and prayers.  You are all fabulous and it means so much to know I can come here.

:-)

Dawn

HW 326/SW 296/CW 168                           
KELLY R.
on 2/4/11 9:29 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12
Yes, Dawn, please keep your head up. I try to keep the thought that all things happen for a reason. I haven't had surgery yet but one my husbands concerns is that I'll not want to be with him anymore after I'm at goal. I try to reassure him, but sometimes insecurity can get the best of us. Good luck in all lifes endevors, and take care!!

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Maura M.
on 2/5/11 3:17 pm - Yardley, PA
Dawn,

continue to take care of yourself throught these trying times.  Reach out to us anytime you need advise or just to vent or talk.  We are here for you. 

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views