I can RUNNNNNNN!!!!

spazzdak
on 2/1/11 8:34 am
 I'm the next Forest Gump!!!!! I've had a TON of stress lately and yesterday I decided to suit up and go running. Now, anyone that knows me well enough knows that "running" is not a typical word in my vocab. It usually is followed by "ouch"!

Well, I think I felt "the runners' high" for the first time and I KNOW I like it!!! I ran to music tonight and when I got home, I thought..."I could have run a lot further, that was too short!"

The key is the music. Totally ticked there's a wicked storm about to drop layers of ice on us. This means I can't run tomorrow.

So, maybe you'll see me running through your towns yet. I'm just going to keep going until I can't go anymore and then I'll turn around and go home.
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

SPatel4
on 2/1/11 8:52 am - Levittown, PA
Congratulations! What a wonderful WOW. I cannot run for various reasons as I have RA but I really wished I could. I am happy you found something that you enjoy doing physically that will keep you successing long term.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Sansobel
on 2/1/11 6:40 pm - Coatesville, PA
Congrats on your new joy.  Running can be fun and especially with others.  Nice and relaxing.  I know sounds strange but yep relaxing
Sandra           
Nicole0216
on 2/1/11 6:53 pm - Lancaster, PA
Congratulations, make sure that you dont overdo. We are very suceptible to injury due to our weight and how it has impacted our bodies.
swedeville1
on 2/1/11 8:51 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Im very proud of you JoAnn!  Keep it up and remember how that felt! 

"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well turn around, just keep on going. When I got to another ocean, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going.-"

"That kid may be the stupidest son of a ***** I've ever seen, but he sure is fast!"

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

spazzdak
on 2/1/11 10:29 pm
 Thanks everyone!!! I guess dropping the weight was the key to successful running. Odd that in all the years I tried to run to drop the weight it didn't work.  I had to lose the weight to run.

Swede - I love that quote from Forest Gump! One of the best movies!

Sansobel - it is oddly relaxing. Especially in this weather, I am mystified as to why it feels so perfect to run?!

Nicole - what'chu talkin' 'bout Willis??? What kind of injury? No really...I'm serious. What should I be aware of? This is so new to me, I need/want to know what to do to prevent injuries.

SPate - I'll run for you too! ;-)
"Life is too short to buy cheap fabric softener."  ~ favorite quote by my favorite genious!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views