*** Saturday Roll Call ***

Maureen F.
on 1/28/11 10:30 pm - Essington, PA
Good morning all,

I am up and at em' today. Made the kids breakfast, checking my emails and then to wake up the hubby so I can go to the gym. NO WORK for me today, once you get to know me you will see that I am a work-a-holic! But happy to be off. I LOVE this weather, it seems that I get to work during every snow storm this year, which in its own is kinda exciting. I am a paramedic and I work 7p -7a so no matter what the weather I go to work!! 

I am so thankful to have found this website and all of you. I have been having some issues latly and I have been able to turn here. I have been playing my own head games and it seems that I cry or change my mind everyday about having the surgery. I think that this is normal and that I am supposed to apprehensive, this is a BIG deal, and I did not come to it lightly. All I know is that there are so many her that have been able to talk to me and make me feel so much better.

Went out last night with ALL my close friends, we went out to eat kinda like one last bug hurra before my surgery. They all know what I am going to do and they all knew why we went out last night. ]. Then I get mad cause they are not the smallest either but are happy with what they are. Why am I not? Is there something wrongwith me?  Then we started talking about the surgery and my one friend started to lecture me and I HATE that. YES I know what I am getting into, YES I am ready for this and YES I have tried other things that have not worked. I want to lose  great deal of weight and dont tink I will be able to do this without this tool towards success.

Sorry for venting, just needed to get some of that off my chest. Thanks again, you guys all ROCK and make me feel so much better. Have A Great Day!!!

Mo
HW-309      Surgery Weight - 283     GOAL-160

steffihope
on 1/28/11 10:48 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Are you sure your name is NOT Steffi?!?!  That is EXACTLY what I went through before my surgery, except that hubby is the paramedic and I am not!) - and I will tell you - I did not have all the answers - however, I did have the one that I still stick to this day - and that is my heart!!!!  (Which, btw - is waaaaaaay healthier now!)

This is the right place to be - and remember, your friends love you and have not done the research that you have and they are scared.......and they have every right to be.  However, you are not doing this for them - and rest assured - they are not as happy about themselves as you think they are.  You are going to rock this and we will be ALL here to hold your hand through EVERY exciting and challenging step......

Keep breathing and posting - and feel free to send private messages to any one of us if you have any questions that you are worried about posting here - and also, there will come a time when you will find that there is nothing that we don't post about on here!

BIG HUGS AND KISSES!!!!!!!
lynnc99
on 1/29/11 1:58 am
Checking in to admit that it has been a LAZY Saturday so far. I have a huge list of things to do of course but fell back asleep for a late morning nap, and am catching up on my DVR'd TV shows. That's it.

Mike is at work so I will get dressed in a little while for a night at the Kimmel Center for the Jerry Blavat show. It's old style Philly doo-wop music - which I am happy to say makes me one of the YOUNGEST people in the audience. Mike loves it loves it loves it, and the talent is amazing. You never quite know who will be on stage, but you do know that it's a generation that won't be with us forever.

And it's a chance to dress up a little bit.

We also have to swing by my office because I left my computer there. After the snowy week last week, I didn't feel like schlepping anything home last night.

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:44 am
Well it is afternoon but I was up very early this morning to get my hair done and once home Dennis & I made breakfast then watched the Hangover. We both took naps he still is sleeping.

Last night we had attended a dinner with some very supportive people and the company was amazing. The words that have stuck with me from ast night is "We are not just friends from support we are choosen in family in this room". Later it dawned on me that everyone in that room is not just a fellow support group leader but has provided love and support to me over the last few years and yes they are choosen family.

By the way those amazing words came from our wonderful Laureen...

Last night after our dinner we went to meet friends for my good friend Mary's 50th birthday party we had so much fun and I got to see some people I had not seen in awhile plus Den got to meet more friends. Her daughter turned 21 last week she asked me to please do a shot with her and that did me in. When will I learn I have new insides and can not do them anymore.Sometimes I am slow.  

Today we will get pretty and head to Steffi's for some friend time then sadly I have to go to wok tonight but Dennis will drive me to work then he can go hang ourt with our friends some more. I don't care what they do tonight someone better be there at 11:59 when I get done work . Long night 5 hour job.

Yesterday was 25 months for Dennis and I we are nerds but we celebrate every month. I told my friend/hairdresser today that we both waited so long for a love like this it is worth it to celebrate every month. We are not perfect but our love is.

Life is good
Patricia R.
on 1/29/11 6:28 am - Perry, MI
Hi Steffi,
I am late posting, because I left early to volunteer at Neshaminy State park for the Polar Plunge put on by Special Olympics Pennsylvania.  There were about 800 people participating, I was a volunteer who handed out shirts to all of the participants.  My feet are killing me, and I am exhausted, but it was neat seeing all of the participants gearing up for their dip in the Delaware River. 

The rest of today will be spent chilling out at home, and later I will walk Utley one more time before bedtime.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Maureen F.
on 1/29/11 6:58 am - Essington, PA
Steffi, 
  Wow it makes me feel so much better to know that I am not the only one going thru this or had to go thru this. I have been all over the place with my own head playing games. I KNOW that I want this and I want it bad. Thank you so much!!
HW-309      Surgery Weight - 283     GOAL-160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views