3 Year Surgiversary

SPatel4
on 1/29/11 12:54 am, edited 1/29/11 1:17 am - Levittown, PA
I cannot believe it's been 3 years. So many things have happened. I am not sure where to begin. I have had lot of health issues this past few months BUT nothing to do with WLS.

I am grateful to Dr. Pupkova for giving me this tool to get me healthy. I am so thankful for my OH family and all the other people who I have met as a result of getting my insides rerouted.

I also have to be honest with myself. I am up 20lbs so I decided to join work weight loss challenge. I don't make new year's resolutions because resolutions can be made any day of the year BUT I did make a resolution when I had the surgery NEVER to go back to 250lbs. That being said I have started going to the gym 4-5 days a week. I have started tracking my foods and have already lost 2lbs! I am not touching sugar and have been eating tons of lean protein, vegetables and fruits.

I know that the real work begins at 3 years out and I am at peace with it. I know what I am doing wrong but I have set myself a small goal. One day at a time, one hour at a time . I want to lose 10lbs initially and if I lose the other 10lbs it would be a bonus. If not then this is the weight my body is comfortable at. (OMG I think talking to a professional has finally shown me the light. LOL)

Thank you for reading this and letting my rant and rave. Love you all!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

IdaMae D.
on 1/29/11 1:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shilpa;
Congratulations to a beautiful amazing woman!!!!!!
You have helped me in so many ways along this journey!!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

SPatel4
on 1/29/11 1:18 am, edited 1/29/11 1:19 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks Ida. You made me cry. AND you have helped me with your words of wisdom and support.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

lynnc99
on 1/29/11 1:53 am
Congratulations Shilpa!

I really respect your honesty at every step along the way, and always think of how much I learn from those ahead of me on the journey. You DO know what to do, and as one of Dr. P's patients, you are well educated in every aspect of making the tool work.

Just don't lose track of your SUCCESS as you take on this challenge!
SPatel4
on 1/29/11 5:05 am - Levittown, PA
Thanks Lynn that means a lot to me. I KNOW I will need all the support to get me back to track and it means a lot to me that I am not alone in this journey.

-Shilpa

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/11 2:47 am
You have done an amazing job the last 3 years Shilpa. You have had many obstacles threwn at you during these years but you never give up the good fight. Be kind to yourself and love yourself the rest will all fall into place.
SPatel4
on 1/29/11 5:07 am - Levittown, PA
Beth,
Thank you. I really needed to hear that. This past year has been really rough with my health problems and some personal issues that have come up BUT I am going to keep on truckin'...

-Shilpa

Sara E.
on 1/29/11 6:49 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Happy surgiversary Shilpa!
You have had much success!
I too enjoy your insightful posts.

Sara

SPatel4
on 1/30/11 10:01 am - Levittown, PA
Thank you Sara! I just have to make sure that I come here when the going gets tough. Thanks again your support means a great deal to me.

-Shilpa

spirit56
on 1/29/11 9:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Shilpa,

Happy Surgiversary  I know that this past year has presented a lot of medical problems.  You have continued to put one foot in front of the other and.  I admire your resolve.  Even though I am only 19 months out I see that it is getting more difficult the further out I am.  I am able to eat more food but that doesn't give me the green light to do so.  I haven't been very active on the board - more like a lurker, reading every day.  Our tool is a gift and like you I need to resolve to do better by my eating.  I hope to see you next Saturday at Barix.  Take good care of yourself Shilpa.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views