Trecherous Thursday

Nicole0216
on 1/26/11 7:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am at work and only 30 mins late which i consider to be a miracle considering the roads and due to the fact that the plows in our neighborhood plowed the entire contents of the street into our drvieway right before I was going to leave the morning. So, Jason and I had to get back out and shovel more. My back and neck are hurting I am going to pay for this I know. This NC girl is getting sick of the white stuff.

At work today and that is about it. Glad to be at work safe with my co-workers hoping the roads improve before Jason heads in. Yum Yum makes morning rituals trecherous as well because he walks right in front of my feet, he has also discovered the garage and front doors and makes a mad dash and that little buggar is fast !!!!

Stay safe and warm. love you all
Sara E.
on 1/26/11 7:50 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning Nicole & PA!
I work 8-5 today then have to help Caleb get ready for a winter campout.  They have no school Friday and his troop is hiking a Mt and camping out...better them than me :)  I just can not take the cold anymore.  I have a terrible sore throat today and would like to call off or go to the Dr, but I have a critical ISO audit I must attend today & tomorrow for work.  Hopefully, my PCP will call me in a Rx.  For those of you following the eating thread, today is day 3 of the liquid diet I am doing to support a friend that is doing it to get back on track.  I have lost 0.2 more pounds...wi**** was more...maybe tomorrow the scale will take a dip do to my efforts.  Have a great day everyone!
Sara

lynnc99
on 1/26/11 8:17 pm
Sara, is Caleb in scouting? The words 'winter campout' struck a chord from son Bryce's days in scouts!
Sara E.
on 1/27/11 7:46 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Yes,Caleb is a boy scout.  He was a cub scout since first grade.  He received the Arrow of Light and crossed over to boy scouts at the end of February 2010.  In under 11 months he has advance to the rank of Star (he just earned that on Tuesday).  He loves boy scouts.
Sara

Patricia R.
on 1/26/11 8:16 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Nicole,
Yes, kittens can fly at the speed of light, I remember well.

I took Utley out for his walk around 6:00 this morning and headed over to the bank to get some cash, in case I can find some hard working teens to dig out my car.  Then, I came home and shoveled my steps, and cleared off my car.  That was a workout.  I doubt I will try to dig out my car, given the depth of this stuff.  Just thankful that the plows dumped the white stuff on the other side of the street this time.

I am supposed to take a meal to a family from church.  Mom had a caesarean last week, and was back in hospital with some complications.  I hope I can get dug out, otherwise, I don't know what I will do.  I can cook the meal, no problem.  It's the getting it there that is the challenge.

I never got my kitchen finished yesterday, so that is my goal for today, other than cooking.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 1/26/11 8:24 pm
Those of you on fb know that I was snowbound in the city last night....dared not get on a train with the forecast and challenging morning commute, and we are in a 3 day meeting cycle this week. Most of my coworkers stay over for these anyway, but I was going to be a trooper and commute...yeah, right! At least there was a hotel available!

So this morning I am looking out over the snow covered Penn campus, grateful to have a 2 minute walk to work.

Had a nice NSV in it all...which will be in a separate post.

Take good care with driving, shoveling, or whatever awaits.

Lisa H.
on 1/26/11 9:16 pm - Whitehall, PA
I'm here in my bedroom working and looking out at the snowy bush outside my window. 

School here is closed.. guess it's the foot of snow that's out there. 

I'm working til 3:30.  I'm going to have to go outside and clean off my car at some point.  Tanya will be down around 3:00 or so and I will be taking her to the Allentown airport so she can see her hubby.  As of now, all afternoon flights are still leaving on time.   I just hope the roads are pretty clear because apparently my tires really suck in this weather.  I said something about driving her car and she said that her tires are bad also.  I'd rather risk it in my car than hers so we will just go slow.  At least it's before the sun goes down so it shouldn't be bad. 

I am assuming that Hebrew School is cancelled tonight since Bethlehem schools are closed.  So, I will see how the roads are and head to the gym. 

As far as my tires go, I saw a commercial on tv that NTB is having a sale on Sunday, so I'll try to get over there to confirm the sale and make an appointment to get new tires then.  Just another expense that I really can't afford, but don't have a choice.

If you're out, be safe.. and stay warm.

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 1/26/11 9:17 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Call me a weenie but we did not venture out in this stuff. After my 2 hour commute yesterday I was not ready for another one. They have been plowing and shoveling our development but there's nothing but ice underneath.

So we're home today - will do some laundry, cleaning and ride my bike. Got on it last nite for the first time in way too long and only managed 25 minutes and 4 miles. Not good.

For your adventurous types be very careful out there.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
swedeville1
on 1/26/11 11:01 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
"WEENIE"  haha.
BTW, did you see the friend request I sent you?  Cmon, dont leave me hanging.  Now you have to accept me cause I put it out there for everyone to read.  Besides, who wouldnt want to be friends with me?

SWEDE

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 1/27/11 12:42 am - Lancaster, PA
who are you talking to about the friend request?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views