Wacky Wednesday Woll Call!!!!

steffihope
on 1/25/11 1:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yep - it is 12:43 and I am up and a bit punch-drunk......Have no idea why I am still awake - well, yes I do - but I am not sharing that with any of you!

Once I get up for real - I am going into school, I think we are finally done testing for a minute and I can get back into teaching.  The 8th graders are going to start studying my favorite part of the year - slope.....do NOT make fun - I love it - mostly because it is so strongly pushed in High School that so many of my kids and parents come back to thank me....feels soooo good to know they really understand a very challenging topic.

Anyway - after school, dependant upon the weather - I am headed to the pool and then to the market - I am hopeful that all the crazy people will be gone from the market.  Then home for the duration of the storm.  Again, feeling giddy about 6-10 inches!  hooooray!!!!!!!

Hope your Wednesday is as wacky as you want it to be! :)
shoutjoy
on 1/25/11 3:58 pm - Culpeper, VA
Well, I am up.  I have to be at work at 4am.  Yawwwwwn... today is work, then move some more stuff to the new place.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Sansobel
on 1/25/11 7:20 pm - Coatesville, PA
I am at work and on the way it there was LOTS o Snow.  happy happy.  Tonight I tell my hubby that I am wisking him away on a 4 day no child birthday trip.  We leave tomorrow and i cannot wait. 

everyone stay safe driving and enjoy the beautiful snow.
Sandra           
IdaMae D.
on 1/25/11 8:00 pm, edited 1/26/11 2:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Steffi & PA:

Steffi - soo glad to hear you really concentrate on Slope - every algebra class I've ever taken that is exactly where I get stuck and can't get beyond stuck

Today I'm heading into work - not enough white stuff to elicit working from home just yet. In addition I have coding class tonight so since it's at Crozer Hospital which is 2 min from where I work - might as well go into the office.

After coding class nothing planned other than sleeping - Gene is teaching tonight so if they have class this will be a late after 10 night for him.

Have a great day....drive carefully.....

UPDATE: I tried to get into the office - after 2 hours of getting absolutely no where - I finally turned aroudn and came home.
Came home to some hot construction guys in my backyard taking down the deck and the stairs going up the side of the house to the second floor, then got to watch them put up all the string to mark where everything is going. Was nice to have some eye candy out my den window as I worked once I got home.....
Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 1/25/11 8:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
What's this snow of which you people speak.  I think I am liking this whole redirection of the cold stuff to the Philly area.. it has not made it here yet. 

And Steffi, by slope, I take it you are not talking of skiing??

Today had me up at 6 fighting with the girl to get out of bed as usual.  If she would just get her butt out of bed on her own, I could sleep until 6:55 and start work at 7.  not going to happen, I guess.

After work, unless the freak of nature called snow stops things, Siehara has Bat Mitzvah tutoring.

From there, we will head to the gym where I will do cardio and some strength training. 

Somewhere in there will be dinner and after the gym, I hope to relax the rest of the evening and head to bed early.

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 1/25/11 8:29 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Steffi!!

I was thinking of you driving in in the snow this morning :) I am sure that tomorrow will at least be a delayed opening!!

I am at work this morning for an undisclosed period of time LOL. I figure I'll stay until around 1 then head out. Nothing here worth risking my life over.

Tomorrow I head to Lancaster to visit with Dr Brader and do some shopping at the outlets :)
Patricia R.
on 1/25/11 9:23 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Steffi,
I had trouble with slope, and still managed to get certified in Math.  So glad I only taught 8th grade math one year.

Today has me finishing up the organizing of my kitchen, and then heading into my bedroom for more.  I am trying to get a handle on the space, or lack thereof.

Sometime today I need to get the courage to drive out to an AA meeting.  I am terrified of driving in the snow, as I wrecked my car in snow a few years ago.  Huge fear.

Be safe out there everyone,
Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 1/25/11 9:33 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hi all

Very scary and trecherous drive in this morning the snow started early and we will be getting more than they thought aparently. Can you believe that I dont have any milk, eggs or bread? 

I am hoping they let us go early and I guess I will have to rescheduled my private practice folks AGAIN!

Stay warm and safe

Nic
steffihope
on 1/25/11 9:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
How could you POSSIBLY survive a snow storm without the beloved french toast??!!?!?!
Sansobel
on 1/25/11 10:25 pm - Coatesville, PA
I agree with Stef... you will not survive.  I will send help
Sandra           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2675 views