5 Months Out...

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 9:17 pm, edited 1/24/11 9:21 pm - Hatboro, PA
So yesterday was the 5 month anniversary since I had my surgery (some people call it their surgiversary), and so far I've lost exactly 50 lbs since surgery.  Including the weight I lost in the 3 weeks before surgery, I've now lost a total of 64 lbs. 

While it's not as much weight lost as many people who have had one of the bypass procedures, I'm still extremely happy with my results so far.  I'm down 2 pants sizes (and they're even getting loose right now), I'm down about 1 or 2 shirt sizes (it all depends on the brand), my bp meds have been reduced from 40mg down to 10 mg, and overall I'm feeling a heck of a lot better!  For the first time in 15 years I joined the gym, and went for the first time this morning.  I can't wait to get in better shape and start losing more pounds. 

It certainly has been a bit trying at times, and I've had some rough patches here and there.  But the only thing that I regret is not having had this surgery done sooner. 

I hope that everyone is having a great day! 
David

swedeville1
on 1/24/11 9:50 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Well done David, good for you!  64 pounds is fantastic!  Dont worry about comparing yourself to anyone else, just keep up with your own regimine and you will continue to lose the weight!  Consistency is the key!  The great thing about all of this is that the more weight you lose the better you will feel and the more energy you will have to work out.  Keep rockin it David!

Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

bvohl
on 1/24/11 9:57 pm
AWESOME!! Keep on successing!!

Doing the happy dance

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/24/11 10:51 pm - Whitehall, PA
Great job David.. like Swede said, don't discount any weight that you've lost.  There is no ONLY.

Keep up the great work!

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 1/24/11 11:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DAMN!  If you have seen any of the banter back and forth between Swede and I, you will know that I HATE to agree with him, but hell, I guess I have to!  Congrats!  (Or in my world - Mazel Tov!)  It is HUGE!  When was the last time you averaged 10 pounds a month?  HUH?  (yes - I just did the math in my head - its what I do!)

Keep it up - can't wait to see more pics!  And - are you on facebook?
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/11 10:40 am - Hatboro, PA

Thanks...  And yes, I'm on facebook.  Isn't everyone these days? 

http://www.facebook.com/karunch

steffihope
on 1/25/11 9:41 pm - Philadelphia, PA
OKIE DOKIE - I will check this out when I get home - the powers that be in the School District of Pihladelphia seem to think that we might, just might, get distracted from our students and ignore them for facebook - sheesh - not so sure WHERE they could have come up with THAT idea......  But if you are so inclined - feel free to friend me at Stefanie Polin Belitsky.
Sansobel
on 1/25/11 12:14 am - Coatesville, PA
I ditto the don't compare yourself comment.  :-)

GREAT JOB.  Once you add exercise its amazing how much your body reacts (in a good way) to it.  Congrats.
Sandra           
Sara E.
on 1/25/11 1:31 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Great job David.  Keep up the good work!

Sara

IdaMae D.
on 1/25/11 8:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Great Job!!!!

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1893 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1989 views
And DS groups in PA