Hello all ... I'm a newbie and looking for support.

MEDIC_394
on 1/17/11 2:38 am - PA
Hello everyone!

I had lap band surgery on 1.10.11 ... I'm currently recovering at home. I had a set back last Wednesday which required an overnight hospital stay. They removed fluid from my band and I seem to be on the right track! It's hard to get all the fluid in, but I'm working hard.

I'm still having pain in my shoulder from what the doctor says is the air they had to put in my system to complete the surgery. Anyone have this this problem and how long did it take to dissipate?

Thanks so much, hoping to make new friends and help others!
MEDIC 394     
dit657
on 1/17/11 2:50 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to the PA boards. Glad to hear your setback was a minor issue and you're feeling better.

the more you can walk and move around the better you'll feel. Walking will help move that air/gas out of your system - the pain should be gone soon.

Wish you all the best with your lapband!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bgrandmabear
on 1/17/11 2:55 am
could take several weeks walking helps yes even when its the shoulder
Cheryl.P
on 1/17/11 3:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
welcome and good luck. you will make lots of new friends here. you will also get excellent advise. just keep walking and drinking water, keep telling yourself this is just a short faze and will pass.i don't know how long it will take to pass everyone is different,but it will pass

MEDIC_394
on 1/17/11 3:32 am - PA
Thanks everyone! feel free to add me as a friend, since I'm new :)
MEDIC 394     
bvohl
on 1/17/11 4:21 am
Welcome to the BEST Board around!! We are a very close and crazy bunch!! Congrats on your surgery! As everyone else is saying, walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip....Don't expect to get all of your fluids and protein in at first. Do what you can... don't put too much pressure on yourself!!!

Welcome again,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 1/17/11 6:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello and welcome to the PA board.

As everyone else has already said walk, walk, walk, walk will get rid of the shoulder pain.

Ida

IdaMae

Sara E.
on 1/17/11 10:22 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
I had RNY and had the shoulder pain.  yes it is from the air from the laproscopy.  It goes away quicker I was told if you move & walk.  Good luck!
Sara

Sandra160
on 1/17/11 1:49 pm
Congrats on your lap band.  Sorry you had problems.  Glad that is all worked out.  Like everyone says, walk, walk, walk.  It will go away.

Welcome to the PA boards.

Don't know how close you are to Barix Clinics but we are having a support group meeting this Wednesday at 7 pm.  Hope you can join.

Sandra
Sandra  

steffihope
on 1/18/11 12:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Welcome and CONGRATS as you begin this amazing journey!  I was fortunate to not have shoulder pain, I had gas pains elsewhere - but it is true - the more you move, the faster the air pockets dissipate.  Good luck and keep posting!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views