** Terrific Tuesday Roll Call **

pennykid
on 1/17/11 11:27 pm - PA
Good luck on your date, Geoff!!!  Just be yourself---you don't have to impress anyone in this world!!  And yep, internet dates do work out.  My cousin met her husband that way, (PA to Australia!) and they've been married for about 9 years or so.
Julia              
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/11 12:13 am - Eastern, PA
On January 18, 2011 at 2:28 AM Pacific Time, Chopper1 wrote:
 Good morning Steffi/PA,

Wow, that does sound like a wonderful weekend Steffi.

Things are going really well here in North Jersey.  Back at the gym after a long 7 plus month recovery period and feeling so much better.

I am actually very excited, I have a first date on Saturday night.  Hmmmm, I wonder if internet dates ever do work out.  Anyway, I am terribly nervous and excited.  It has been quite a while since I have been on a date and boy my nerves are all over the place.  I am finally in a place after SOOOOO many years that I am ready for a relationship again.  It is such a great feeling to know that I have been maintaining my weight and that it doesn't pose the same stumbling block as it has in the past.
I sure hope I don't get my heart broken again.  Funny, I hate first dates.  I kind of like to jump ahead to the 5th date so I feel more like myself.

Now the big dilemma is figuring out what to wear.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Geoff
:-)

I met my lovely Mary online, right here on OH, and we were friends for quite  while before things moved in a more serious direction.

I did however meet women on dating sites, in person, and through friends over the course of being single prior to moving to this side of the state. Dating someone you meet online is a crapshoot, but really, so is dating someone who you met through more "traditional" methods. People can (and do) lie about themselves just as easily to your face as they do online.

I had way too many first dates after I plunged back into the dating pool six or seven years ago. It got to the point that I wouldn't do dinner and movie for a first date. I was sick of buying dinner for ******g losers, then twenty minutes into the meal already formulating an exit strategy.

It got to the point that I had deal breakers. And I brought them up over coffee on our first date and asked the date to do the same. Some women were put off by it, some were refreshed by my honesty. But I can tell you it was a very helpful way to separate the wheat from the chafe.

I wouldn't recommend going into your date with this attitude. I got this way after several months of really ****ty first dates.

But there's no harm in being a little guarded.

That said, best of luck to you!

swedeville1
on 1/18/11 1:45 am - Mount Pleasant, PA
"it was a very helpful way to separate the wheat from the chafe."

You crack me up Norman! 
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

Nicole0216
on 1/17/11 6:31 pm - Lancaster, PA
Steffi one of the best best things about this journey for me has been meeting you wonderful people. Even more is enjoying watching you all earn your wings again, and seeing the joy as you all master new things or reclaim old loves. I love you to death and I am so happy to know you. So you will have to take us skiing it is on my bucket list.

Today was very treacherous getting in to work, if you dont have to go out dont. Jason is home I hope he stays home, he is not feeilng so hot. I am beginning to think it is not the flu as he has had no fever, not sure what it is. could be just post work BS fatique who knows.

At work looking like a drowned rat my hair is awful too much ice and snow and shoveling and scraping. That is about it.

Have a safe day
Chopper1
on 1/17/11 7:07 pm
  Nice Nicole,
So what did you do on your first date?  I am looking for some ideas.

Any good suggestions from anyone on where to go on a first date?  Trust me I need all the help I can get.

Thanks.
Geoff

Nicole0216
on 1/17/11 9:12 pm - Lancaster, PA
Boring we met at the mall and walked around and then had dinner. I wanted to meet him in a public place
jojobear98
on 1/17/11 9:22 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Nic, ours was similar. We met at the Gettysburg Outlets. Had lunch at TGI Frdays, then walked around and talked. I, too, only wanted to meet in a public place and have it casual since it was a blind date that no one but our computers really knew about! LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Lisa H.
on 1/17/11 9:07 pm - Whitehall, PA
 morning all... so I'm on browser #3 trying to post stuff on here.  Looks like safari is the only one that is working for me right now.  

From what I can see outside, I will not be doing much other than working today.  There is no school due to the icy conditions.  When school is closed, classes at the gym are cancelled.   Hebrew School is also cancelled when school is closed.

If the roads have improved after work, I'll head over to the gym and do cardio and some weight training on my own.  

If they have not, I will put on a video and Siehara and I will do it together here.. as a matter of fact, maybe we'll do that anyway.  It will be something good and fun to do together. 

I am going to try to respond to all your postings on her poem.  I swore I did last night, but they didn't seem to save. 

My tracker

hers 

jojobear98
on 1/17/11 9:23 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good Morning!

Nothing exciting to tell. It's crappy out. Kids are playing, I will be doing school work and cleaning.

I really wish my life were more exciting!

Have a safe one!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Maura M.
on 1/17/11 9:56 pm - Yardley, PA
Aw Stef, I thought you were going to call me CatWoman..

Am home today - decided to work remotely and actually had a co-worker tell me that someone else from my town made it in no problem and he is dissapointed in me.. oh shut up... ok, so he risked his life on the icy roads and I didn't - my response to him - I think you'll get over it.

Anyway - had a great weekend - hanging out with new friends on Friday night, wonderful friends on Saturday night and then had a great day skiing with Mark on Sunday and then a slow day yesterday ending with dinner with my parents. 

Working today - I am never as productive at home though :( - just have a hard time focusing - as you can see because it is 8:55 and I am posting on OH!

That's all for me! I better get to work now..

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views