** Terrific Tuesday Roll Call **

steffihope
on 1/17/11 1:29 pm - Philadelphia, PA
What an amazing weekend I had - Larry's buddies from the firehouse - with a cameo from MY friend Maura, (or MOIIIIII ---RA), heading to Lancaster to spend the evening with Nicole and Jason and really feeling the love between the two of them, it is so wonderful to see - The love of all of our friends pouring it out on them and then waking up there to a delish Jewish Deli, bagel and lox, breakfast.  Then home to get the girls and headed out to the Pocono mountains where the house our friends rented was huge, beautiful and covered in beautiful white snow!  Hanging out in the hot tub with some of my favorite people, Larry with me the whole time and then this morning hanging out in the house getting ready for the mountain filled with skiing.  Watching Molly and Emily take off to their respective ski schools with confidence and east - both saying, "bye mom and dad".  Then Larry and I and our friend getting to the slopes.  It was amazing - I haven't been on skis in over 16 years and it was like I was just there a few weeks ago.  I kept picking up speed and each run made me more and more confident in my ability to hold myself up.  We ended the day with Larry and I doing a final run with Emily on the bunny slope - she giggled eht entire way down the mountain and only knew how to stop by falling and laughed each time, telling us that she knew "exactly how to get up when I fall."  These moments are truly priceless!

I am going to try to get some sleep now, when I get up in a just  afew hours, Iwill jump in the shower and pray for no school.  However, I still have to somehow get to my sisters for my nephew's bris.  Should be interesing to see how that all works out with the weather.

For those of you on the eastern part of the state, be careful out there please and have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Chopper1
on 1/17/11 6:28 pm
 Good morning Steffi/PA,

Wow, that does sound like a wonderful weekend Steffi.

Things are going really well here in North Jersey.  Back at the gym after a long 7 plus month recovery period and feeling so much better.

I am actually very excited, I have a first date on Saturday night.  Hmmmm, I wonder if internet dates ever do work out.  Anyway, I am terribly nervous and excited.  It has been quite a while since I have been on a date and boy my nerves are all over the place.  I am finally in a place after SOOOOO many years that I am ready for a relationship again.  It is such a great feeling to know that I have been maintaining my weight and that it doesn't pose the same stumbling block as it has in the past.
I sure hope I don't get my heart broken again.  Funny, I hate first dates.  I kind of like to jump ahead to the 5th date so I feel more like myself.

Now the big dilemma is figuring out what to wear.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Geoff
:-)

Nicole0216
on 1/17/11 6:31 pm - Lancaster, PA
of course they work out. That is how Jason and I met
Lisa H.
on 1/17/11 9:03 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Good job getting back in the gym.

They were talking about online dating on the SBAAWLS board the other day and there were many success stories, including people who met right here on OH.  

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/sex_before_and_after_wls/4303727/ What-are-your-thoughts-on-online-dating/

My tracker

hers 

jojobear98
on 1/17/11 9:19 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Yes they do work out! Met my sweet Johnny over 4 years ago online and we just got Married in November!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Maura M.
on 1/17/11 9:48 pm - Yardley, PA
Mark and I were set up on a blind date and have been together for almost 10 years!  So, "cold" connections can work out!  Good luck - take pics of your outfit options, we'll give you feedback on what you should wear.
Maura

Chopper1
on 1/18/11 6:16 am
 :-)

Guess I should wear clothes....lol

bethmal
on 1/17/11 10:24 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
That is how Bob and I met... and I can hear wedding bells in my future!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

IdaMae D.
on 1/17/11 10:26 pm, edited 1/17/11 10:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Gene and I have quite a few friends who met online and are now married. Many successful marriages for quite a few years now.

Gene and I in a round about way met on line. A mutual friend knew both of us and said to us that we should meet. Prior to this I had dated my first love for a few years which did not work out - there was a reason we broke up the first time. At this time I also had my two daughters and although they were both late teens were still living home with me, I did not bring men into my daugther's lives nor into my home. I did not want my daughters getting close to someone that might walk out of my life and hurt them.

So after months of my friend bugging me I agreed to give Gene my email address. He sent me a beautiful email, which I kept and read over a few times for about 2 months prior to answering. We spoke via email and IM for quite a few months before I agreed to give him my work phone number and then to meet him in person.

Our first date - which I wanted to be public, I had him pick me up at my office - then we went to the movies, then out to a nice out of the way little Italian Resturant in S. Jersey where I'm from. The rest is history. We hit it off beautifully. He was the one that got to meet my daugthers!

Next month Gene and I will be married 7 yrs. We married on the exact date of our first date only two years later. We met 2/22/2002 and married 2/22/2004.

Enjoy your date!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 1/17/11 11:20 pm, edited 1/17/11 11:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hiya Geoff,

I've done a fair share of internet dating and if you take each experience with an openmind, you might be amazed at what you will experience.

I met my guy, as I refer to Tony, on a lonely winter's night in January '08, I really was just bored, as I had told myself I would not do any dating while I was in the process of losing my weight, but just as I was logging off, an IM appeared, I read his profile and liked what I saw, so I said Hi back and 3 weeks later we met, I was 201 lbs then and I am happy to say that this has been the best relationship I've ever had, he liked me then, loves me now and while nothing in life is perfect, I can say this is as close to perfect as I think I could want or ask for. . . Hoping to spend our 3rd anniversary in Dallas ;)

Good luck, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views