5 day pouch test

Sandra160
on 1/15/11 5:09 am

Today at midnight, I began the 5 day pouch detox/test.  I researched it on line and after reviewing.  Realized it is just starting over and the beginning days of right out of surgery.  So I am on Day One of the liquids only.  It says to do it for 2 days and then move on to the next step, depending on how I am feeling I may do for 4 days.  But, it has only been a half of day and I am already beginning to feel better. 

Everyone was right, part of me feeling yukky was because of what I was eating.  I think I am going to do this 5 day detox every 6 months.  I am going to make a pack with myself.

Thanks everyone for all your help.  All of your kind and encouraging words.  Meant and helped so much.

See you wednesday. 

Sandra  

Cheryl.P
on 1/15/11 7:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
good luck.   seems hard.   i know others have done it but i am not sure i have what it takes to make it 5 days.

Sandra160
on 1/15/11 8:48 am

Cheryl,

Thank you for the luck.  Actually it's not as bad as you think. 

Hear are the basics:

Day 1 and 2:  All the clear broths you want, pudding, jello-0 and protein shakes(only a choice of 3) and I have also included activa light yogure because I feel it helps keep me regular and I am not giving up that for nothing but I just do the vanilla flavor.  Plus drinking at least 64 oz of water inbetween. 

I have to say I am very full all day.

Day 3 is soft foods - chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, with salt/pepper and lemon, if have to little may-o, plus all the liquis from step 1 & 2

Day 4 - is all in step 1,2 & 3, plus - ground meats like frizzling up ground turkey or ground beef or ground chicken.

Day 5 - is firm foods - like just eating chicken, turkey maybe make them into meatballs something that and everything from step 1,2,3& 4.  It's actually very cool. 

Just like what it was like during the first weeks of surgery except it does not take you weeks to go through the steps just days.  But, I already feel like it's working.  The cloud has lifted and I feel better.  I actually have stop already wanting all those bad food choices I was making.  My cravings are allready gone. 

I don't feel starved at all.  Hey maybe besides detoxing me and breaking those cravings and bad habits, maybe it will kick start my weight loss again.  Not my main focus for doing this, but would be a nice benefit. 

Just remember we have gone through major surgery and reconstructed our bodies, we can do anything we put our minds to.  Now my son is doing this with me as a show of support, which I thought was so nice.  However, he did not survive just the liquids, so for him I added in he can have ground turkey meatballs.  Gives him protein anyway.  And that seems to have helped him alot.  In the meantime he is off the junk and clearing out his system too.

The only done side I can see, is every couple of hours I do have diahrea, but not uncontrollable and I guess I look at that as my body detoxing.

Now that I have run on like a nut.  I guess for me to talk like this it's doing what I needed it to do, give me back Sandra.

Sandra  

Sandra160
on 1/15/11 8:56 am
sorry I was wrong.  You only get protein's in solid form... so no protein shake, for the next three steps.... but you still get broth and water and jello and pudding(with protein)

here is the link, it has all the information you need, in case you were interested in trying it.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/days1_2.html

Sandra  

Maura M.
on 1/16/11 12:28 pm - Yardley, PA
glad to hear you are doing it - check in here daily and keep us up to date on how you are doing with it.  See you Wed!
Maura

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views